PDA

View Full Version : 2001 525i Thurst Arms

2001525i
06-14-2006, 08:01 AM
Im new to bmw and the forum. I bought a 2001 525i about 4 months ago, and took out the extended warranty. I noticed a problem when braking over bumps .. .the car actually bounces and does not stop. I took the car in to bmw and they said i basically need all new front end parts, there all loose / worn. Everything is covered under my extended warranty except the thurst arms. They want to replace them for $585 parts and labor. Im not sure if that is good, or how hard these are to put in. My brother is a diesel mechanic and said he can do it. Would it be worth it? I have no idea. Need some advice? Thank you.

:(

Does anyone have any detailed information on how to install these?

632 Regal
06-14-2006, 12:09 PM
put new thrust arms in and let them replace everything else and an alignment.

Get your parts at www.bmaparts.com. call them and you will get a better price than the site, tell them "dot info" for an additional savings.

you can also email either Patrick or Yvves, thats how I have been ordering for years.

JD525IA
06-14-2006, 01:07 PM
Those ass-monkeys tried that on me when I had a set of bad thrust bushings.

Some California homo named Carlo Reno pissed me off by trying to tell me that upper control arm bushings were different than thrust bushings. Every BMW mechanic that I could find said otherwise. The little jizz-swigger claimed that he had a BMW and that he knew the difference.

Basically, their job is to save their company as much money as possible by denying claims that they don't feel is covered. When I had Wynn's, is specifically called out covering upper control arm bushings, while my mechanics wrote up that it had bad thrust bushings. I even had the mechanic talk to the fag, but he wouldn't budge. I even attempted to get in touch with his boss but Carlo always managed to intercept my calls.

That was back in 1999, and I can still remember his name because he was such a turd. That's ok - for the $1200 that I paid for the extended warranty, I got back over $2500 worth of work (parts and labor). The deductable sucked, but it did take the sting out of some big repair bills.

Good luck. Be firm. Have your facts together. Have your mechanic call it in. On the last claim I had, my mechanic told them that obviously the warranty was not worth the paper it was written on, and they then decided to cover it. I think it was for the transmission.

SharkmanBMW
06-14-2006, 04:28 PM
Those ass-monkeys tried that on me when I had a set of bad thrust bushings.

Some California homo named Carlo Reno pissed me off by trying to tell me that upper control arm bushings were different than thrust bushings. Every BMW mechanic that I could find said otherwise. The little jizz-swigger claimed that he had a BMW and that he knew the difference..

tell us what you really think!!! lol

those companies suck, almost scammers... nothing that breaks is covered!

BillionPa
06-14-2006, 07:42 PM
thrust arms = upper control arms

control arms = lower control arms

they had to make it confusing didnt they!

if the warranty covers the "control arms" it covers the thrust arms.

although i would still get an upgraded arm with high performance bushings (not urethane, too rough)