PDA

View Full Version : '95 E34 down...

vuyodaddy
06-13-2006, 09:39 PM
http://myspace-310.vo.llnwd.net/00828/01/37/828697310_l.jpg

I'm sad. I was just starting to fall in love with this car. I joined the forums, got the halo headlights, was about to lower it and get rims and tint... man...

Well, off to new and better things. Its bluebook is ~$7500, so I think it may be totalled. Either way, talking to my dad, he said he wanted to just take the money and get something new.

Oh, and it wasn't my fault, I got hit by a speeding Geo Prizm sedan. Needless to say, they got f***ed pretty hard. Prayers go out to a lady that went to the hospital because of the collision. Me and my passenger felt just fine.

Evan
06-13-2006, 09:45 PM
it doesn't look totalled... looks like a $3000 repair though

GoldenOne
06-13-2006, 10:07 PM
eh looks to me that you had euro smileys not halos ;) but yeah doesnt look like 7500 worth of damage...unless the chassis is a little tweaked how fast was the geo goin?

Nick.Hay
06-13-2006, 11:34 PM
All the best for the repair... She should be OK, as it doesn't look 'too' bad

vuyodaddy
06-13-2006, 11:48 PM
eh looks to me that you had euro smileys not halos ;) but yeah doesnt look like 7500 worth of damage...unless the chassis is a little tweaked how fast was the geo goin?

Woops, accidentally typed halo... yeah the smileys, sheesh, wats wrong with me. But that geo was goin a good 60 mph, so fast that it basically bounced off my car. BMW vs. Geo = no contest.

But yeah, still not gonna repair it. And I really don't think its 3000 worth of repairs. The new headlights alone cost 750 from the dealership. Plus other parts, fog lights, corner lights, grill, bumper, hood, etc etc etc. Then paint and labor. It's gonna be well over $3000 methinks. But like I said, either way, a new car is coming. I've been obsessing over the new Subie Legacy's for a while now...:D

BillionPa
06-14-2006, 03:01 AM
530?

E34 530
06-14-2006, 07:12 AM
Are you parting it out?? Sorry, I'm a vulture.

dacoyote
06-14-2006, 07:15 AM
Bummer man.....

632 Regal
06-14-2006, 07:20 AM
Are you parting it out??
http://www.liv.ac.uk/~sdb/Safari-2001/Images/457%20Vultures%20kill.jpg

E34 530
06-14-2006, 07:21 AM
I edited it even before you made the post ;) .

dacoyote
06-14-2006, 07:23 AM
I edited it even before you made the post ;) .

Doesn't matter... I was going to say something.. but I knew Jeff would...

SC David
06-14-2006, 08:44 AM
Sorry for your loss. That's a bad way to go down.

If it is totalled you can make some good money parting it out.

CharlesAFerg
06-14-2006, 10:11 AM
If that geo did just that to your car, and the lady is in the hoispital... I want to see the geo lol... I hopes shes ****ed for being a douche and driving a geo like a dumbass. She better live, she owes you $$ my friend.

vuyodaddy
06-16-2006, 10:26 AM
Well, does anyone know if I CAN part it out? I mean, the car is in pretty damn good condition. Only 120,xxx miles, interior is nice as hell, exterior wasn't half bad neither. But if I'm totalling it, can I really rip pieces off of it before I sell it to insurance? Hmmmm..

vuyodaddy
06-16-2006, 10:32 AM
If that geo did just that to your car, and the lady is in the hoispital... I want to see the geo lol... I hopes shes ****ed for being a douche and driving a geo like a dumbass. She better live, she owes you $$ my friend.

Dude... chill with that. First of all, she wasn't the driver, she was the passenger behind the retard goin that fast. Second of all, it might end up being my fault regardless of how fast they were going because they had right of way. ******** right? Third... I know it was probably meant as an extreme joke, but making fun of someone who's in the hospital is not cool.

Sorry if I killed any humor, its just that seeing her go into the ambulance made me feel really bad for her. Its a thing called "human compassion". Hah.

wjbell
06-16-2006, 11:16 AM
But if you are going to part it, I'd give you $100 plus shipping for the side skits below the doors :)

chris_e34
06-16-2006, 11:21 AM
im in need of an m5 rear bumper, and a drivers side quarter panel. please sell them to me :)

e39dream
06-16-2006, 12:08 PM
I think the common (and legal) way to do it is to talk with insurance about buying it back from them after they total it. they are happy to do it because they would just auction it anyway. they give you money for car, you buy it back for 500-1000 and sell it/part it for more. everyone comes out ahead.

azale
06-16-2006, 01:16 PM
it doesn't look totalled... looks like a $3000 repair though
The laws in Michigan are, if you damage the bumpers, you get a Salvage Title, and you can only apply for a drivable title after you get the okay from an inspector.

I think the common (and legal) way to do it is to talk with insurance about buying it back from them after they total it. they are happy to do it because they would just auction it anyway. they give you money for car, you buy it back for 500-1000 and sell it/part it for more. everyone comes out ahead.

This is true. After my old subaru was totalled, they told me how much they would give me and then let me "buy it back" for $225 (of course the kbb value was only $2400). After you buy it back, you can do with it whatever you want, and I'm sure you will be way ahead. The guys on this website will keep you busy dismantling it.

After we bought ours back, I drove it another 10,000 miles (of course, I was hit on the side).

Good luck.

SharkmanBMW
06-16-2006, 01:28 PM

have a heart for the wounded dude, it may be you in the ambulance one day.

nuclearfusion
06-16-2006, 04:29 PM
If I were you I'd work energetically at buying it from the insurance company, then get it fixed. Seems to be a shame to let a nice E34 with low mileage and in otherwise good shape go to scrap because of that damage.

best of luck,

Fusion

vuyodaddy
06-18-2006, 12:21 PM
If I were you I'd work energetically at buying it from the insurance company, then get it fixed. Seems to be a shame to let a nice E34 with low mileage and in otherwise good shape go to scrap because of that damage.

best of luck,

Fusion

I agree... I'm gonna wait on the police report and see. It is still nice though, and I don't feel right parting it out. But if by some twist of fate I do decide to part it out and not fix it, I'll let you guys know. Thanks for all the support though.

I just hope the front impact didn't mess up the engine. We'll just have to wait and see...

vuyodaddy
06-19-2006, 05:08 PM
Well... it's been decided. The E34 is going to be...

REPAIRED

We're totalling it and getting $7500 from the insurance company, buying it back from insurance for $700, and then we're gonna go rebuild it. Wish me luck guys.

I'm actually really happy It turned out this way... I mean I did want a new car, but I really missed this one. Bad news to all the scavengers. Wish me luck guys.

Evan
06-19-2006, 05:52 PM
awesome .. great news

angrypancake
06-19-2006, 08:31 PM
its always a good feeling to think your e34 is totalled and then get the "it's going to be repaired" phone call. it sure made my weekend when i found out. here's to hoping it doesnt take 2 months to fix and get the car back with 3 different colors of paint on it!

SilverFive90
06-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Are you parting it out?? Sorry, I'm a vulture.

I just have to ask. The silver car, is it a 90? It makes mine look like a granny drives it and I keep it pretty clean. Mind if I ask what size/brand wheel you have on it?

Qube
06-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Oh sweet! $7500 is a good appraisal! Your bimmer will love you for it too :)

NB: I ALWAYS keep my car clean. It helps when they come around to look. Back when I totalled the Audi 4000, it looked mint, and the tires dressed. I got $5000 for it, well above the value and condition it actually was. A little time goes a long way.

nuclearfusion
06-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Well... it's been decided. The E34 is going to be...

REPAIRED

We're totalling it and getting $7500 from the insurance company, buying it back from insurance for $700, and then we're gonna go rebuild it.

Brilliant. That should cover your costs for the repair and maybe even leave you with some $ to put into goodies for your car. If you can find a good local independent BMW shop and ask them for their choice of body shops you might have a nice combination going for you. Even better if you take a mosey through the local BMW wrecking yard and get as many of the parts and pieces you need for cheap.

Enjoy!

Fusion

vuyodaddy
06-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Yeah I'm gonna have to make a few trips to the junkyard.... And hopefully the paint matches. Then again. my paintjob is all chipped and keyed up.

Anyway, the $7500 is way more than enough to fix my baby. But I've actually decided to put it into my student loans. So... we'll see how I can stretch it. I found someone who's willing to fix it for me only charging me for material costs. Hopefully he also does a decent job. We'll see how it works out. Heh...

Thanks for all the support guys.