PDA

View Full Version : 535 5 speed For Sale

Misha
06-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Hey guys,

I have a nice '91 535 and i need to sell it quick. It is immaculate but has 3rd gear problem syncros. Sorry to post it on the board but just thought someone might be looking for a nice one. I had it on ebay couple of times and no luck. I gotta sell it this week. I am working on a new project( '91 M5) and need some space and cash to finish it. You can see more pictures on this site (http://bimmer-motorsports.com/white535i5.html)

Lowest i can do is $2500 this week
email me your # and i will return a call

Michael
'01 M5

Gayle
06-14-2006, 05:22 AM
Has it always been a California car as in "no rust".

The mileage and syncros problem in combination are sort of a turn off. One or the other would be no big deal, but in combination, there is no compelling pull to offset those.

I live in San Deigo and we were able to sell a 90 525 with 200k for $4,500.... But I had detailed the hell out of it, everything worked, and we put it in a place where it go a lot of foot traffic.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=13809

Bimmernut Ed paid $2500 for his daughters 90 525 5 speed with no rust and 209k miles.

DanH
06-14-2006, 07:31 AM
Did you get an estimate on how much the hood damage repair would be?

azale
06-14-2006, 07:32 AM
Has it always been a California car as in "no rust".
Good question. Any rust?

I'd buy it this week but I'm in Michigan. Anybody want to deliver it to me?

$2500 for a 535i *4*-speed seems reasonable to me.

Actually, my brother has two weeks off coming up. I have some buddies in LA who could maybe store it until then.

I better call my wife.

Gayle
06-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Actually, my brother has two weeks off coming up. I have some buddies in LA who could maybe store it until then.

Maybe USCHARalph and his brother Mendozart (Ralph and Greg) could take a look at it for you. Or Califblue (Mike) is in the UK but gets back soon. Maybe he could look at it for you.

You can store it at my house if you need to. I am about 100 miles south depending on what part of LA it is in. Last summer we were the proud owners of 2 white 90 e34s. It would totally amuse our neighbors if it looked we had bought another one.

You might want to check with Bret (Rigmaster) and see if he has a hood. He is heading to Toronto soon and offered to deliver parts with no shipping. Get an idea of what that hood damage would set you back to repair.

But in all truth I think you should buy the gray 535 that the guy had at the meet. In all truth, there are no bargain e34s. By the time you fix this one up and mod it, the dollars won't be that different.

Misha
06-14-2006, 05:57 PM
The car was fixed already. The last pictures show the car prior repairs. The hood was fixed and repainted. It is a california car and no rust.

Mike

Gayle
06-14-2006, 06:15 PM
What part of LA are you in?

Misha
06-14-2006, 06:35 PM
I am in hollywood. I forgot to mention it will say salvage on the title when registered to new name because of this damage that it had. If it doesnt scare you call me 323/428-9160

Mike

p.s. i was quoted 750 for tranny.

azale
06-14-2006, 07:52 PM
In all truth, there are no bargain e34s. By the time you fix this one up and mod it, the dollars won't be that different.

The car was fixed already. The last pictures show the car prior repairs. The hood was fixed and repainted. It is a california car and no rust.

What part of LA are you in?
Priceless

. . . and don't forget, I said I wanted it first.

I still love the car but I don't think I can get out there: it would be like $300/ticket and the same for gas on the way back. Maybe I'll call you tomorrow. PM a good time for me to call.

Anybody want to inspect this car for me?

Gayle
06-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Priceless

. . . and don't forget, I said I wanted it first.

I still love the car but I don't think I can get out there: it would be like $300/ticket and the same for gas on the way back. Maybe I'll call you tomorrow. PM a good time for me to call.

Anybody want to inspect this car for me?

I was asking where it was to try to figure out who we could have look at it for you. LA is so big that it can easily take 2 hours to get from one side to the other in normal traffic so geographical convenience is key. Kristuphir lives in Hollywood. (I know everything about everyone :p ). Message him to see if he can check it out for you.

kristuphir (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/member.php?u=4237)

TheEndIsNear
06-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Oh, thats scarry... So, what do you know about me, Gayle?

Gayle
06-14-2006, 08:36 PM
Oh, thats scarry... So, what do you know about me, Gayle?

Only the things you don't want anyone else to know:D

TheEndIsNear
06-14-2006, 09:14 PM
Hmmm, don't know if i should be excited or scarred... LOL, Just playing. I haven't had the opportunity to chat with you yet.