PDA

View Full Version : Gotta fix this leak...need advice

JoshsE34-M50
06-13-2006, 03:40 PM
Love my car but man, I really want to fix this leak. Okay- the deal is that water seems to be getting in around the chrome (some might call it "argent") strip that runs over the left rear back door. Water then flows behind rear courtesy light and into the trunk, leaking directly under the speaker, left of and above the trunk strut attachment. It won't leak by running a hose over the sunroof, only onto the chrome strip.How hard is it to replace this piece? I guess I'd need new clips. If there's enough water, it'll even drip from the rear courtesy light. Advice? Thanks!http://fototime.com/4C4702846E4FEF4/standard.jpg My rear chrome strip really starts at #3, not where the pic shows.

Blitzkrieg Bob
06-13-2006, 04:02 PM
water can get into the car from there without a hole through the body.

This piece is just a trim cover over the body.

you may want to recheck the sun roof again, there is a hose running in the area where you are experinacing the leak. It could be bad and need replacing.

Try this:

open the sun roof and pour a small amount of water into the inner gutter, water should begin to drip from behind both front wheel wells and just in front of both rear wheel wells right by the rocker panel. if water shows up in the car, then the drain tubes are going and need to be repleced.

Tinklebunky
06-13-2006, 04:19 PM
maybe sunroof but it has its own tracks to the rear hatch. somehow it might be possible your door molding is bad. if all else fails take an air gun and blow out the area behind and beside your sunroof in under the roof. lots of times build up can clog track drains.

JoshsE34-M50
06-13-2006, 05:12 PM
THANKS for the advise! I will check out that hose and all sunroof related stuff. Just getting tired of driving around with all of my carpet pieces out of my trunk- seriously my whole trunk is just steel right now!

GoldenOne
06-13-2006, 07:13 PM
heh, i have the same problem except the water accumulates on the drivers foot well...I have opened the sun roof and did that water check but it seems to work just fine. I tried to imitate a storm with a hose but to no avail I cant replicate what a rain storm does...any ideas?

Blitzkrieg Bob
06-13-2006, 10:12 PM
at the base of the wndsheild?

You could have a hole in the fire wall.

GoldenOne
06-13-2006, 10:17 PM
at the base of the wndsheild?

You could have a hole in the fire wall.

I will try that in the morning, but I dont think that would be it...the two times it happened in rain it was only by the side the majority of the water was by the door sill and seeped inwards...but then again who knows...i sure dont...but thanks for the advice, i def will try that

Felixdacat
06-14-2006, 01:35 PM
You didn't happen to be a little intoxicated the night before did ya? A little too much to drink, day dreaming about a toilet. LOL

GoldenOne
06-14-2006, 01:38 PM
haha, very funny but the car doesnt have that musty smell ;)

Felixdacat
06-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Congrats, You made it in time

GoldenOne
06-14-2006, 01:51 PM
thank you, i was potty trained by the best!