PDA

View Full Version : EAT Chip Issues

Sardaukar
03-29-2004, 09:18 PM
I recently installed the EAT chip for my 1994 530i and have noticed when i go to change gears and press the clutch pedal down my rpm's seem to go up maybe by 150. I only noticed this since when I was testing out the car afterwards it would "jump" due to the increase in revs when the car was taken out of gear. I was wondering if this was normal or is there something possibly wrong?

kiNGMak
03-29-2004, 09:56 PM
How does the car jump when it is out of gear?? I have had the chip for a while and have not had ANY problems whatsoever

Sardaukar
03-29-2004, 10:05 PM
How does the car jump when it is out of gear?? I have had the chip for a while and have not had ANY problems whatsoever

It jumps when you are engaging the next gear, but when i take my foot off the accelerator and the clutch pedal is pushed in completely I noticed the engine revs about 150 rpm higher and thus when i put the car into gear it has a tendency to "jump". It might just be me needing to adjust my driving habits but this never happened before i had the chip.

BigD
03-29-2004, 11:55 PM
The chip can't cause that problem. It sounds silly but check to make sure your throttle pedal is clear of the carpet. Sometimes it comes loose from the clips and slides up binding the pedal down. You could also have a sticking butterfly...

It jumps when you are engaging the next gear, but when i take my foot off the accelerator and the clutch pedal is pushed in completely I noticed the engine revs about 150 rpm higher and thus when i put the car into gear it has a tendency to "jump". It might just be me needing to adjust my driving habits but this never happened before i had the chip.

Jeff N.
03-30-2004, 12:14 AM
Check for a sticky throttle position sensor.

kiNGMak
03-30-2004, 12:23 AM
the chip raises the idle to smoothing it out.. it shouldnt "jump" from only 150 rpms... 1000 rpms is a problem

Sardaukar
03-30-2004, 11:19 AM
Thanks all, I will look into all your suggestions. As for the carpet issue, i've had that happen before hehe. =) Funny thing is this has never happened before I got the chip, but i suppose thats not the problem.