PDA

View Full Version : OT: Did your wife/girlfriend give you crap for going to the Chicago meet?

bimmerd00d
06-13-2006, 05:23 AM
haha, mine did. She thought it was an excuse to "get away from her for a while"

E34 530
06-13-2006, 05:32 AM
My mom did.

632 Regal
06-13-2006, 05:59 AM
Mine really liked it, meeting everyone and seeing other E34s. Really impressed her, maybe she will let me post more often without getting grumpy for spending time on the board. I was surprized there werent more Wives/GF's/Mistresses than there were.

Gayle
06-13-2006, 05:59 AM
I would have voted if there was an option above that said "kinda" or "half way"

I got the words saying one thing and voice tone saying another from hubby.

Read following with really abrupt impatient irritated tone of voice.

"I don't care. Do what you want honey."

and regarding Sat evening hubby had this to say:

"Just tell me what you are going to do. This conversation is getting really irritating."

At which point I thought, "yeah I really want you to hang with me and my bmw buddies. I think you have the same condition that Paul P's girlfriend was suffering with."

At which point, I wisely went home and placated--And hilariously spent the evening listening to his sister talk about how cool it was that we didn't have to be joined at the hip and could do our own thing.

One of my co-workers has a saying that is sublimely profound:

Happy wife, happy life.

The same goes for husbands.

bimmerd00d
06-13-2006, 07:20 AM
Last year i brought her, and she said she had fun...and I think she did for a while, she's really liking E34's quite a bit. I think she got bored with it after a couple of hours though. She enjoyed Bimmerfest a lot, but she's never been outside of Texas before and we didn't stay at the BMW meet for more than about 3 hours, so it was more of a trip to see Cali than for bimmerfest alone.

Gayle
06-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Scott

There's blackmail material in that poll. :D

But I suppose I don't have any room to talk.