PDA

View Full Version : Interesting tidbit about the Chicago trip

bimmerd00d
06-12-2006, 08:04 PM
I arrived and departed from gate E34 at DFW Airport. Ohhhh the irony.

http://www.bimmerd00d.com/images/bimmerdotinfo/e34meet/IMG_1683.JPG

GoldenOne
06-12-2006, 08:05 PM
heh....wouldnt ya know...kinda weird...

winfred
06-12-2006, 08:21 PM
dfw sucks, i hate that airport

Martin in Bellevue
06-12-2006, 09:13 PM
dfw sucks, i hate that airport
Fly into SeaTac sometime. It is about the size of 1 of dfw's terminals with less parking. Baggage takes hella long too.

Gayle
06-12-2006, 09:15 PM
I think the e34 thing is cool.

It makes me start to hear this sound in my head.

Ooo00OOO000oooo00OOOOOO000oooooO

GJPinAU
06-12-2006, 10:35 PM
I think the e34 thing is cool.

It makes me start to hear this sound in my head.

Ooo00OOO000oooo00OOOOOO000oooooO

MattyB's house number is 34

mattyb
06-12-2006, 11:36 PM
im gonna change it by deed poll to E 34!!!!

winfred
06-13-2006, 05:10 AM
i remember dfw from before the expansion when it was a big horseshoe, no matter when or how many times id fly into there you'd have to run from one end to the other and still almost miss your connection, not even time to take a piss

Fly into SeaTac sometime. It is about the size of 1 of dfw's terminals with less parking. Baggage takes hella long too.

bimmerd00d
06-13-2006, 05:17 AM
i remember dfw from before the expansion when it was a big horseshoe, no matter when or how many times id fly into there you'd have to run from one end to the other and still almost miss your connection, not even time to take a piss

rofl, i remember this. It used to just be one huge clusterfu*%. They finally installed a skylink tram thing that seems to be working well.

winfred
06-13-2006, 05:33 AM
i haven't been through there since the upgrade but mom has several times and says it still sucks

rofl, i remember this. It used to just be one huge clusterfu*%. They finally installed a skylink tram thing that seems to be working well.

KenB
06-13-2006, 05:47 AM
On a return trip from working in Monterey, Mexico. I had to change planes from the International Terminal to Domestic. It had to be a mile from one to the other, no tram or people movers operational at the time.

To add to my travel experience, I had food poisoning as a gift from Mexico and was getting weaker with every step, carrying approx. 60lbs. of camera and video equipment that I never dared check into baggage when I flew. I had spent the previous night in the toilet of my hotel room spewing from both ends and dragged myself to a cab to get to the airport to get my flight so I wouldn't end up staying in that God-forsaken place another day, or worse, end up in a hospital in Mexico.

As I was trudging to my departure gate, they announced the flight was delayed. I found a locker to dump my bags. At the re-scheduled flight time, I fetched my bags from the locker and schlepped to the gate. When I got to my gate, they announced the flight cancelled and a new flight was to depart from another gate. It was as far as it could possibly be to the new gate without leaving the state of Texas.
By this time I was dehydrated and pretty wobbly on my feet. I had to ask for them to drive me to the new gate on one of those golf carts they run around in. They didn't want to do it at first because they are provided for their "disabled" customers.

If I had heard " Have a nice day" from one more person, I would have KILLED them on the spot.

I "love" DFW too!

Bruce Kennett
06-13-2006, 08:22 AM
i remember dfw from before the expansion

is this the place where the trains ran around on their circuit with no human drivers?

i've never been there but i recall someone telling me that it was DFW where he went up to the platform, the train whooshed into the station and stopped, but the doors didn;t open, and people on both sides were beating on the doors. the doors never opened and the train drove off!

bruce