PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my car

eduard
06-12-2006, 03:18 PM
I washed my car's engine the other day. Now the car runs really bad. It idle fine but when I give gas the engine sputers. The engine cuts off and then starts again. I do not know what it can be. When I atempt to drive the engine revs up and down. Does anyone know what it can be.

Blitzkrieg Bob
06-12-2006, 03:21 PM
or coils, and the various harness pluges around the engine for trapped water.

Or
tumble dry on high heat with a drier sheet.

lvngdead
06-12-2006, 11:28 PM
dry cables and places were electrical contacts are with a simple fan, or hair dryer (not too hot)
check for water deposits.

this works for our radios (motorola GP300) when water gets to them (fireman)
]good luck

mamilapon
06-13-2006, 04:20 AM
I washed my car's engine the other day. Now the car runs really bad. It idle fine but when I give gas the engine sputers. The engine cuts off and then starts again. I do not know what it can be. When I atempt to drive the engine revs up and down. Does anyone know what it can be.
Get some pressurized air and blow into each spark plug hole (with plugs installed).

bimmerd00d
06-13-2006, 05:28 AM
What engine do you have? year and model would help a lot here.

eduard
06-13-2006, 08:18 AM
M50 1992 525i. Today I took the car to the mechanic and the engine was running ok but the transmission was giving me the message and the check engine light was came on. The transmission was rebuilt 3 weeks ago.
In addition my ac button does not work, my light for my odomitor does not go on and when I turn on my heated seat it shuts off imediatly ( passager side works ok). I guess I have alot of problems and I do not know where to start.