PDA

View Full Version : 50% Off Dinan Software

Evan
06-12-2006, 02:58 PM
Page 63 of June Roundel has a Dinan ad advertising 50% off of all Dinan Software

BillionPa
06-13-2006, 04:59 PM
including transmission software?

yes including transmission software, should have gone to their site first!

GoldenOne
06-13-2006, 07:03 PM
still expensive...

Evan
06-13-2006, 07:04 PM
I'm comparing prices... it's good to have another choice

BillionPa
06-14-2006, 03:22 AM
well i am buying the trans software after i get my power steering and coolant leaks fixed, and swaybars installed, and oil pump rebuilt, and new brakes bedded in, and hood shocks replaced, and engine covers pai..........

well, by the time all the boxes on my todo list are checked off it will be 2009 or something, so im buying it today!

Gayle
06-14-2006, 05:03 AM
I'm comparing prices... it's good to have another choice

If you are selling your car on ebay, why are you considering dinan software?

Traian
06-14-2006, 06:20 AM
50% off puts them in line with everyone else at least. They should make it a permanent sale.

Gayle
06-14-2006, 06:26 AM
Ok

Speaking on behalf of my peeps--the clueless--"What does this software do?"

dacoyote
06-14-2006, 06:36 AM
Ok

Speaking on behalf of my peeps--the clueless--"What does this software do?"

Same idea as an EAT chip

bimmerd00d
06-14-2006, 06:39 AM
Also, it's a mail in rebate for all you impatient people. I would've already bought this for my 540 if it was an instant rebate.

bfd
06-14-2006, 09:10 AM
Gayle asks:

<Speaking on behalf of my peeps--the clueless--"What does this software do?">

dacoyote replied:

Same idea as an EAT chip

Actually it depends on what software you're talking about. IF you're talking about the "engine software" then you're right, its similar to the EAT or Conforti chip, which I understand are *better* than the Dinan version (i.e., Dinan's engine chip doesn't kick in until WOT; EAT and Conforti open things up all thru out the powerband).

However, if you have an AUTO/Slushbox, Dinan is the only vendor who offers a "transmission" chip. This chip supposedly remaps the shift points so that your car shifts earlier/faster. I have a 5spd manual, so I don't know much about this chip, but I hear it works fine. At 50% off, its probably a good deal if that's what you want.

fkong777
06-14-2006, 01:29 PM
Also, it's a mail in rebate for all you impatient people. I would've already bought this for my 540 if it was an instant rebate.

rebates from dinan was back in Feb.. I just called and they said it is an automatic discount.. NO REBATE. So for the Tranny software it is $99.99 up front.. Dinan will receiver the order, Burn the chip, then ship it to your Dinan dealer for pickup.

You have to find a dinan dealer to order the chip.. They dont sell direct.

front the little information a dealer provided.. Tranny Chip will let your car start at 1st gear and Shift at more aggressive shift point..

632 Regal
06-14-2006, 01:50 PM
**** 99 bux is a great deal!!!!

Very interested in this now!

rebates from dinan was back in Feb.. I just called and they said it is an automatic discount.. NO REBATE. So for the Tranny software it is $99.99 up front.. Dinan will receiver the order, Burn the chip, then ship it to your Dinan dealer for pickup.

You have to find a dinan dealer to order the chip.. They dont sell direct.

front the little information a dealer provided.. Tranny Chip will let your car start at 1st gear and Shift at more aggressive shift point..

Evan
06-14-2006, 01:55 PM
I called them also... it really is a good opportunity to compare EAT and Dinan engine chips... with and without the Dinan trans chip

632 Regal
06-14-2006, 02:19 PM
i cant change the trans chips yet, Marks chip is on the way and I have to give it an honest evaluation. I do want a trans chip tho, it shifts way to early.

Gayle
06-14-2006, 04:08 PM
IF you're talking about the "engine software" then you're right, its similar to the EAT or Conforti chip, which I understand are *better* than the Dinan version (i.e., Dinan's engine chip doesn't kick in until WOT; EAT and Conforti open things up all thru out the powerband).

More cluelessness.

What does WOT stand for? I have a 5 speed with a Dinan chip, so I have a personal interest in the answer. I also have Dinan floormats. Do those make my car go any faster?

(Just joking--not really THAT clueless).

Blitzkrieg Bob
06-14-2006, 04:13 PM
those and changing the air in the tires are the most productive modification anyone can do.

SharkmanBMW
06-14-2006, 04:22 PM
More cluelessness.

What does WOT stand for? I have a 5 speed with a Dinan chip, so I have a personal interest in the answer. I also have Dinan floormats. Do those make my car go any faster?

(Just joking--not really THAT clueless).

here you go Gayle...
Wide Open Throttle
It is rare I have the correct answer, but I am pretty sure about this one!

BillionPa
06-14-2006, 07:43 PM
you cant change it, but you can still buy it and change it later!