PDA

View Full Version : Help Asap... Eat Install...

Bigezvol
03-29-2004, 05:17 PM
I have my DME cover off... however, I can't lift the upper board out and away from the DME chassis. The back end (where the 2 boards connect) is free and I can lift it up. However, there is something keeping the from (wiring harness end) in there that i can't see. I know there are 2 tab at the front on the sides... I have them pried out but there is something else hanging it up.

Thanks in advance...

mikey535im
03-29-2004, 05:32 PM
Big,
here is a reply by Mark D to another post , same problem . Hope this helps!

"pull the top board up to about 45 degrees, then twist it back and forth sideways, while also pushing the part that is connected at the housing DOWNWARDS. There is a tonge-and-groove system there and you have to push down to release it.
(and don't forget to release those two tabs in the housing also) "
Mike

rmertes
03-29-2004, 05:37 PM
I have my DME cover off... however, I can't lift the upper board out and away from the DME chassis. The back end (where the 2 boards connect) is free and I can lift it up. However, there is something keeping the from (wiring harness end) in there that i can't see. I know there are 2 tab at the front on the sides... I have them pried out but there is something else hanging it up.

Thanks in advance...
Finally registered just to answer your question..I had same problem and was on phone with Mark D. who really had a hard time with why I was having the same problem(Cards would split but would not seperate..from harness/hing area). What I found(After I damaged the two latches on end of harness was that their was a thin black spacer sitting inbetween the two rows of pins ....This spacer prevents the pins from touching? but also prevented the cards to tilt at a wide enough angle to seperate. Once I got that thin black spacer out, it tilted and seperated. I did not put the spacer back(I think I damaged it) It must have been some engin change to prevent 2 rows from shorting.... I have had no problems...(IT seems like it does not need the spacer and things stay together well even with the 2 retainer latch things broken on the edge of top(I think) card. It is hard to explain, but if you want to contact me for clarification, page me at 925 210 5293,,,or try my cell at 925 984 7601(Page if no answer)...Im California time.. Ron I don't think this
"little black spacer" is on many cars..

rmertes
03-29-2004, 05:45 PM

Thanks in advance...I would try the tonge-in-groove move posted
above...That may be something to do with the black spacer.....I can't remember how I got spacer out,,,Maybe I just needed to move card laterally before tilting and could have avoided some things...good luck..

rmertes
03-29-2004, 06:14 PM

Thanks in advance...
Sorry Jeff....Call me back on cell...Just got off urgent call.....Ron

Bigezvol
03-29-2004, 11:29 PM
Finally got the S.O.B. off.... my fingers hurt from pulling on that damn board. Drove home with my EAT installed.... wow... smooth as silk across the 24 mile bridge... while getting an extra 5mpg by the way. Not guite as much umph as I thought I would gain off the line... but much improved none the less.