PDA

View Full Version : E34 Meet 2006 update & feedback

Brandon J
06-11-2006, 09:41 PM
http://www.bimmerd00d.com/images/bimmerdotinfo/e34meet/e34meet2006logo.jpg

Greetings everyone,

I wanted to give some feedback and an update on the "E34 MEET 2006."

It started with Friday night at the Chicago Indoor Racing. A bunch of friendly people getting together for some friendly competition. Everyone had a blast. These karts are fast, fun, and give you a real workout. We all grabbed food afterwards and got some rest for the next day.

The day started with rain drops pinging on the window sill. I knew we were going to have the meet regardless. I was planning to purchase canopies if the weatherman said it was going to rain all day. The rain cleared before the meet even began. It was a fun meet with many owners and guests. We gave away a lot of money in gift certificates to BMA. There was a lot of food, I had a "bouncer" not allowing non-event participants from getting in, and great support from e34 owners.

Many fine examples of e34s were at hand. From the 95 M5 3.8L, to the 530i with leaking gas tank that made it from NJ, to the mechanically challenge 525i with a front shock that seemed to be made out of one piece of wood. Uh, it was frozen solid. Also, several tourings with M30 conversions in 2 of them. I believe 11 M5s total were in attendance.

We didn't have as many guests as registered. That poses a problem because when catering such an event, a head count is needed for the amount of food and drinks. So, there was a lot of food and drinks left that I purchased. Again, I want to keep this event free so that everyone can afford to make it. From the college kid, to the hard working father, to the sucessful doctor, this event is open to all. It gets more difficult when people register and promise to make it, but do not show up.

Ed asked if he can still make a donation. You can here: http://www.bimmer.info/~events/donations.html

Again, it was a great meet with many fine examples of e34s. It was great to meet many fine people. Dave Farnsworth of Roundel was there and he even drove back home to get a jack to help patch Andrew's gas tank. That is what this is all about. Dave was impressed by the heart, the hospitality, and warmth our e34 community has. How, even meeting for the first time in person, we greet each other like family. That is why we hold this event every year.

http://www.bimmerd00d.com/images/bimmerdotinfo/e34meet/group1.jpg

bimmerd00d
06-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Great summary! We can't thank you enough for setting all of this up. It was very professional. We must keep this an annual meet...a great reason to take a vacation every year and get away from the day to day spending time with great people, and amazing cars. Thanks again to all who showed up, everyone who helped in arranging everything, picking people up from the airport, helping mend gas tanks, and anything else i'm forgetting. :)

Paul in NZ
06-12-2006, 01:38 AM
yeah at the risk of repeating myself good job guys!(esp the organising ones!)

Scott H
06-12-2006, 08:18 AM
That's what you call rest??? LOL

....We all grabbed food afterwards and got some rest for the next day.

KenB
06-12-2006, 08:29 AM
Kudos to everyone involved in this event and for allowing the rest of us to be there too thru your photos and words.

Looks like a fun time was had by all.

Jay 535i
06-12-2006, 01:15 PM
Thanks again for all your hard work, Brandon. You did a great job. The meet was totally professional and went off without a hitch.

Once again, here's the link to my pics:

http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=44360983/a=35910307/t_=35910307

Anybody else think this meet ought to be semi-annual? I don't need to wait a whole year before I'll be ready to do that again. It was great.

Brandon J
06-13-2006, 12:14 PM
Next time you can be there in person rather than by the pics. Thanks.

Kudos to everyone involved in this event and for allowing the rest of us to be there too thru your photos and words.

Looks like a fun time was had by all.

KenB
06-13-2006, 12:31 PM
Chicago is a bit of a stretch for me for a weekend these days. When I lived in Indianapolis, I made the trek between there and NJ hundreds of times in my other BMW's, 680 miles each way. Fastest time was just under 10 hours...one pit stop.

I know Andrew lives across the state from me so he had even further to go, but he's a young un. So we had a NJ representative there and Gayle from the left coast, so it was a great event. People from all over including 2 countries. Pretty good I'd say.

I will try to attend a more local event around Philadelphia when one happens. I would like to get to meet some of the other Bimmernutz around here!

TheEndIsNear
06-18-2006, 06:46 PM
I'll be there next year...

Brandon J
06-19-2006, 02:30 PM
Great! I am already planning next year's meet.

I'll be there next year...

Qube
06-19-2006, 02:46 PM
Great! I am already planning next year's meet.

A little more to the east perhaps :) While I enjoyed the ride, I need to make sure that my car won't protest half way and end up towed there! ;)