PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what the M50 cam wheel is like?

Jon K
06-09-2006, 07:27 AM
Any pics? Any description? need to figure out if it'll work for my ECU if I want to run sequential ignition.

yaofeng
06-09-2006, 07:40 AM
What's a cam wheel? I hope I am not the only one ignorant of this.

BTW, I must have missed your follow up on the bent timing chan guide pin you posted a while ago on a M50 engine. How did you fix it eventually?

Dave M
06-09-2006, 07:55 AM

BTW, I must have missed your follow up on the bent timing chan guide pin you posted a while ago on a M50 engine. How did you fix it eventually?

Got me too. Cam sprocket?

Dave M

Jon K
06-09-2006, 07:57 AM

Big metal hammer, a t-square, and about 3 mins.

There is a trigger that flies past the cam sensor in the valve cover area... it tells the ECU which cylinder is firing. There is some sort of trigger it may be only one lobe or something. My engine is over at the garage and I don't have time to swing by was just seeing if anyone knew.

Bill R.
06-09-2006, 08:27 AM
http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD53&mospid=47404&btnr=11_1286&hg=11&fg=25

Big metal hammer, a t-square, and about 3 mins.

There is a trigger that flies past the cam sensor in the valve cover area... it tells the ECU which cylinder is firing. There is some sort of trigger it may be only one lobe or something. My engine is over at the garage and I don't have time to swing by was just seeing if anyone knew.

Jon K
06-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Thanks bill - so its just a 1 lobed wheel. Hrrrrm.... research time.

ericcamaro
06-09-2006, 09:17 AM
you trying to mount sensors to the wheel or the triggers for the sensor?? getting anything extra in there will be a pain in the ass, im sure youve already realized this.