PDA

View Full Version : OT poll on what we all earn?

F4Phantom
06-09-2006, 03:17 AM
I am always interested in knowing average wages and other stats about country GDP's, lots of other figures. I dont care what individuals earn but I wouldnt mind doing a poll on what we earn, say 10 - 20k, 20 - 40, 40 - 60, etc.. Are the polls we do here anonymous?? Can someone start a poll here so we can see where all the BMW owners fit in. Obviously if this were a E60 forum we would start at 100 - 200. So if it turns out you can trace who earns what, then I say we dont do it, but otherwise I think it would be interesting.

Nick.Hay
06-09-2006, 04:03 AM
Gross: about $13aud p.a.
(rental property is $100pw)

This is why I am struggling, and STILL don't have ignition leads for my E34. I applied at a few bars for work, but haven't heard anything yet...

Cross your finger people ;)

632 Regal
06-09-2006, 06:30 AM
i lost $17,400 last year with a W2 that says $6700.00

pundit
06-09-2006, 06:34 AM
I earn $25,000 less than I did nearly ten years ago and that's without taking rising fuel and housing costs into account.

Morgenster
06-09-2006, 06:42 AM
Roughly estimated 23k$ a year net income.

angrypancake
06-09-2006, 07:47 AM
pimpin aint easy

onewhippedpuppy
06-09-2006, 08:12 AM
pimpin aint easy

Damn straight.

Probably $35k household, but I'm a student so more than 1/2 of that is the wife. Sounds ok until you consider that it's my wife and I, our 2 year old son, and my mooch sister in law living off of that. I can't wait until I graduate as an engineer and actually make real money.

Blitzkrieg Bob
06-09-2006, 11:26 AM
and food stamps

actually...I am in that E60 buyer's range. But prefer to spend my money on other things.

SharkmanBMW
06-09-2006, 11:37 AM
pimpin aint easy

you're doin it wrong... make the bitches do the work!

Jon K
06-09-2006, 11:43 AM
Student life sucks...

fujioko
06-09-2006, 01:27 PM
On the books…. a little more than 50K…. Off the books… well, lets not talk about that.

DaveVoorhis
06-09-2006, 02:08 PM
On the books…. a little more than 50K…. Off the books… well, lets not talk about that.
I make the same as any IRS agent.

Hah! Just kidding!

No, really, I'm kidding.

Zeuk in Oz
06-09-2006, 04:08 PM
I am always interested in knowing average wages and other stats about country GDP's, lots of other figures. I dont care what individuals earn but I wouldnt mind doing a poll on what we earn, say 10 - 20k, 20 - 40, 40 - 60, etc.. Are the polls we do here anonymous?? Can someone start a poll here so we can see where all the BMW owners fit in. Obviously if this were a E60 forum we would start at 100 - 200. So if it turns out you can trace who earns what, then I say we dont do it, but otherwise I think it would be interesting.

Doesn't seem to matter what I earn, a wife and 4 teenaged sons seem to spend it faster than I can earn it anyway ! :D

Felixdacat
06-09-2006, 04:27 PM
$41,000. It took me 33 years to get this far. Maybe another 33, and I'll make $42,000

borderchris
06-09-2006, 04:42 PM
Currently I am an employee of the Nike Shoe Plant in Bootahootaphan, where I am earning a very strong 37 cents an hour. My outlook is very, very bright my brothers, as I look forward to a most blessful promotion to shop henchman earning 1.34 an hour. But I must continue to work harder and focus on the future for this most glorious possibility. I am blessed with great work, a most forgiving employer and a most glorious BMW 535i with a rice-alcohol fuel conversion. Well, my brothers, keep up the good fight. I must make 75 more sets of Air Jordans more before sundown to prevent a most just beating.

Chris

mholbrook
06-09-2006, 05:17 PM
Retirement pay is about $1700/month. Plus my part time job around $600/month. Wife working makes maybe $1200/month take home. 14 going on 21 year old daughter takes it all....not really. Pretty comfortable living and I could drive more expensive but probably not as much fun or better. 3rd E34, 2nd 535im

fujioko
06-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Uh… I think I had a typo in my last post… disregard anything about “off the books”.

Anyway… No kids (never spawned any) and no more wife. I’m thinking the GF is also on her way out too.

Yep, a 54 inch TV, my own home and a crappy BMW… what else does a man need?

Randell
06-09-2006, 07:04 PM
i earn just above the australian average and i have no kids, though the bmw could be counted as 2 kids... just cleaned me out good!

dternst
06-09-2006, 07:11 PM
Somewhere between $0-$100,000/year.

Jon K
06-09-2006, 07:18 PM
One good thing about having a BMW and not kids is that when our E34s are like 20 years old we'll never have to worry about them having another one.

KenB
06-09-2006, 07:19 PM
I'm so broke I can't pay attention. What was the question?

rob101
06-09-2006, 07:48 PM
200 000 per year
lol seriously nobody wants to tell anyone what they earn except those uber M5 drivers for whom money falls from the sky like rain :p and even then they are probably scared that the taxman will find out!

angrypancake
06-09-2006, 07:52 PM
One good thing about having a BMW and not kids is that when our E34s are like 20 years old we'll never have to worry about them having another one.

yeah but the back seat of that 20 year olds plus a 20 year old and a 24 year old (heh) = uh oh

F4Phantom
06-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Well... everyone kind of jumped this, I actually thought it may not work but when your poor I suppose telling people what you earn is very unimportant. So I suppose I should follow suit given I posed the question. I run my own small to very small business from home. I recon I rake in a very modest yearly income of around 50k. I have 1 wife, 2 kids, 1 bmw and 1 4x4. Unlike many of you who have different standards I love them all equally. When I was a student I was married, 2 room house and $120 per week income (austudy) so now it seems I earn a little more but still drive the car of a student!! damn I thought I had gone up in the world when I got this car.

pundit
06-09-2006, 08:04 PM
200 000 per year
lol seriously nobody wants to tell anyone what they earn except those uber M5 drivers for whom money falls from the sky like rain :p and even then they are probably scared that the taxman will find out!
Well while hanging out at Lake Como in Northern Italy a few years ago I regularly withdrew a million or more from the ATM's to fund my playboy lifestyle.

View from my apartment...

http://clients.net2000.com.au/~rowmat/photo_galleries/europe/slides/apartment_domaso.jpg

Palazzo de Galleo just near the pub...

http://clients.net2000.com.au/~rowmat/photo_galleries/europe/slides/palazzo_de_gallieo.jpg

Oh I forgot to mention.... that was a million lira... about $900 AUD! ;)

rob101
06-09-2006, 08:19 PM
i guess the honest answer is "enough"
i don't have many "overheads" yet so i am trying to save most of it since this currently good times in the economy here you can only really bank on for 5 years. people say the resource driven boom will be going for another 10 years
but i think thats optimistic. and without resources australia is just a consumer state that imports most of the stuff it needs. its a real shame because we could have been like europe ie able to make stuff that isn't crap. but yeah nobody has really used the money here to diversify our industry:(

Jon K
06-09-2006, 08:37 PM
I think the assumption of M5 drivers is wrong - people who drive M5s, E39 or E60 or otherwise, are probably not finding a spare $500,000 in their sock drawer. If this were true, they'd have a far more expensive car than $80 - $90k. My area is pretty well to do - a couple neighbors have Z06, a Viper, a 911 CarreraS, and one has an E39 M5. These people are very well established, but there are people in the area that have Bentley GTs, F430s, etc... m5s are honestly a very reasonable car. If my step dad gave two shits about cars I bet he'd have one - its expensive but as far as new cars go... they're not RIDICULOUS.

F4Phantom
06-09-2006, 09:13 PM
I think the assumption of M5 drivers is wrong - people who drive M5s, E39 or E60 or otherwise, are probably not finding a spare $500,000 in their sock drawer. If this were true, they'd have a far more expensive car than $80 - $90k. My area is pretty well to do - a couple neighbors have Z06, a Viper, a 911 CarreraS, and one has an E39 M5. These people are very well established, but there are people in the area that have Bentley GTs, F430s, etc... m5s are honestly a very reasonable car. If my step dad gave two shits about cars I bet he'd have one - its expensive but as far as new cars go... they're not RIDICULOUS.

The thing about that is, in Australia they are very expensive super cars (I think they are over 200k, wereas a 90k car here gets you a 3 series, X5, D3 or a suped up holden), just like 911's. but then again in America all things are cheap!! except heath, and having kids, and anything else that our government dishes out for free.

grave77
06-09-2006, 10:02 PM
in my currency its around 110K = = 32.1445K USD we will be getting an incriment soon :P ... wish me luck

rob101
06-10-2006, 12:22 AM
I was actually joking, in reference to some uber m5 drivers such as UKM5 and Cscrotum who were far superior to all of us (of course they were so superior that they had to point it out :p )

rob101
06-10-2006, 12:26 AM
How many of you guys in Australia, on this board, are in the mining/mineral exploration industry? Stomping through the bush and cracking open rocks...or sitting diamond drilling rigs and logging core. I've read that geo's are amongst the highest paid graduates (higher than dentists or md's) in Ausralia. Is this true?
no actually mining engineers are followed by geologists
at least in the state of Queensland
i don't work in mining or resources but the major of construction projects now that aren't infrastructure are resource related, eg wharf construction to ship coal, aluminium steel or whatever else. the major problem is not getting the resources but getting them out fast enough to feed the chinese appetite for them. ports are a big choke point for them.

Morgenster
06-10-2006, 12:30 AM
Roughly estimated 23k$ a year net income.

Forgot to mention: health care is practically free, have no kids and one gf who's graduating this year and will probably earn twice my income in 5 years from now. I am so gonna be the boytoy then. Better start working out and getting a nice tan.

RockJock
06-10-2006, 06:27 AM
no actually mining engineers are followed by geologists
at least in the state of Queensland
i don't work in mining or resources but the major of construction projects now that aren't infrastructure are resource related, eg wharf construction to ship coal, aluminium steel or whatever else. the major problem is not getting the resources but getting them out fast enough to feed the chinese appetite for them. ports are a big choke point for them.

looks like mining engineering or geology is the thing to study now days ..... just like computer science was in the mid/late 90's. i think you're right and the global resource bubble will pop just like the dot_com/tech bubble did. in my neck of the woods (western canada) the oil patch is going nuts and people in the sector are making money hand over fist, thinking it'll last forever, but it's not going to last. conventional reserves are dwindling and people here get excited about our oil sands deposits but most don't seem to realize that the exploitation economics are shaky because the energy returned on energy invested ain't that great plus the environmental costs are staggering (not that i'm a tree-hugger or anything)...

bullyd
06-10-2006, 12:02 PM
i get about 28k gbp before tax but after the missus and 4 kids are taken care of and the taxman takes his bite there aint a whole lot left!

wingman
06-11-2006, 03:40 AM
How many of you guys in Australia, on this board, are in the mining/mineral exploration industry? Stomping through the bush and cracking open rocks...or sitting diamond drilling rigs and logging core. I've read that geo's are amongst the highest paid graduates (higher than dentists or md's) in Ausralia. Is this true?

My brother is a geo and owns a company called Earth Data in the Hunter Valley. Look him up if you are in the industry. He has just built a 'large...' house and doesn't seem to have any problem with money. He loves my car by the way. He has always lusted after a Ferrari and I see no reason why he wont buy one some day.

wingman
06-11-2006, 03:50 AM
i lost $17,400 last year with a W2 that says $6700.00

I don't know whether I've already told you or not but a mate of mine reckons he would have been better off buying a case of beer everynight and just forgetting about the b**ch! Cheaper he reckons!