PDA

View Full Version : need help with error message on dashboard

kwamek
06-08-2006, 11:35 AM
i own 1992 525i bmw and while i was driving today i saw the check engine light come on and a message that said "Trans programm" . is this a transmission problem or electrical problem. Please advice. thanks

dacoyote
06-08-2006, 12:03 PM
i own 1992 525i bmw and while i was driving today i saw the check engine light come on and a message that said "Trans programm" . is this a transmission problem or electrical problem. Please advice. thanks

Who knows.... Did the Transmission go into limp mode... when is the last time the fluid was changed... is the level right??

Did the cel give codes?

kwamek
06-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Who knows.... Did the Transmission go into limp mode... when is the last time the fluid was changed... is the level right??

Did the cel give codes?

Actually i think i need to change the transmission fluid. its way down the max. thanks dacoyote

Nick.Hay
06-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Whew...

I thought it may have been the "All your base..." message!! If it had been, you would have had to run away very quickly!! :D :D

If ANYONE ever gets that message, you need to run away quickly, as it appears "Someone set YOU up the bomb!!!"

:D

dacoyote
06-09-2006, 05:13 AM
Whew...

I thought it may have been the "All your base..." message!! If it had been, you would have had to run away very quickly!! :D :D

If ANYONE ever gets that message, you need to run away quickly, as it appears "Someone set YOU up the bomb!!!"

:D

I bet this will go way over everyone's head.... to geeky...