PDA

View Full Version : Are Euro Carparts any good?

wingman
06-08-2006, 02:22 AM
Has anyone purchased through www.eurocarparts.com ? I'd be interested to hear from our UK brothers about this business if you have any info. They have a good selection of parts on the site. I haven't had a close look yet but I'm waying up between them and the known and trusted BMA for my suspension upgrade. Exchange rates might tip the scales.

JerseySi
06-08-2006, 03:33 AM
Haven't used BMA before (never heard of them before I came on this site!)
Have used EuroCarParts before though for routine service parts when I had my old E30, couldn't fault them..
Prices were good (at least half the cost of dealer usually), postage was relatively cheap and service was excellent - ordered over the phone before 11am, and the parts were here the next day :D

Omega
06-08-2006, 04:10 AM
Wingman

I have been using the Manchester UK (Well Trafford Park actually) branch of EuroCarParts for years, I have never experienced any problems, they always had the stuff I wanted and at very cheap prices for OEM parts.

I haven't used the internet site but the branch service and knowledge is excellent, I doubt that the web experience would be any different.

HTH.

DaveVoorhis
06-08-2006, 05:13 AM
No complaints at all, and quick delivery.

Mas (UK)
06-08-2006, 07:20 AM
from my work here and I would recommend them. Being so close I normally pop in and always found them helpful and their prices very reasonable and much cheaper than the £tealer. I can't comment on their web service but imagine it would be equally good. I also get my parts from http://www.kmsparts.com/ mainly for convenience because this place is more often on my way to/from home or when I'm going into town. Pricewise, both are almost identical for most of the service bits and pieces I've needed over the years. The guys from KMS are great, they actually took a pic of my car and have it in their latest parts catalogue. When you have an 11 years old car, anybody taking a pic of her makes you smile that she still looks beautiful and can turn a few heads.

Mas

shuriken
06-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Wingman

I have been using the Manchester UK (Well Trafford Park actually) branch of EuroCarParts for years, I have never experienced any problems, they always had the stuff I wanted and at very cheap prices for OEM parts.

I haven't used the internet site but the branch service and knowledge is excellent, I doubt that the web experience would be any different.

HTH.
Hi, used them too. never a problem with them. Also use www.gsfcarparts.com (German Swedish and French).
Offer same as Eurocar Parts. Get a lot of my parts from them too. Good prices. (well in UK any way)

Marshy
06-08-2006, 12:11 PM
I've used ECP quite a lot too. Bought discs/pads/struts/springs from them with no problems. The only issue I had was with some clear front indicators where they sent the left from one vendor and right from another. Explaining that over the phone was a chore, but I did get another one in the post quickly and they didn't ask for the spare back..

Can't argue with the prices!

Randell
06-08-2006, 06:09 PM
i've been put onto eurocarparts from a guy i work with that's just moved over here from scotland. he's used them plenty of times and says they're great

the part prices are good but i'm a bit worried about the shipping!

wingman
06-09-2006, 02:43 AM
Wow, highly recommended then! Thanks my UK brothers for your assistance. I was impressed by the website and have dealt with Jaymic in the UK previously with the same high quality service. I can't fault BMA but as I say, the exchange rate may be the difference. Thanks for your replies.