PDA

View Full Version : Who has removed injectors? What's the trick?

zuzuk212
06-07-2006, 04:58 PM
At first glance the electrical connectors look like other quick connects ... but their not. How do you remove the electrical rail without damaging the injectors or the connectors? What's the trick? I've destroyed connectors in the past due to brittle plastic and do not want to do it again. Chiltons and Bently say simply pull off the rail, not mentioning the spring clips.

Thanks,
Ken

632 Regal
06-07-2006, 05:04 PM
you can try to use a screwdriver to unhook the clips and pull the rail from one direction or another. Before I learned this I just yanked the fuker out and broke all the clips with no adverse effects.

At first glance the electrical connectors look like other quick connects ... but their not. How do you remove the electrical rail without damaging the injectors or the connectors? What's the trick? I've destroyed connectors in the past due to brittle plastic and do not want to do it again. Chiltons and Bently say simply pull off the rail, not mentioning the spring clips.

Thanks,
Ken

Blitzkrieg Bob
06-07-2006, 05:05 PM
is yours are the same...They pop off

But like you said the plastic can be brittle, so use caution and gently start from one end and get the plug between two fingers and pull up with a wiggle.

Don't forget to un due the harness or you'll only go so far before it holds you back.

Felixdacat
06-07-2006, 05:07 PM
I did the same thing as Jeff, but in a more gentle fasion. Putting them back on wasn't as bad. Derek

zuzuk212
06-07-2006, 05:12 PM
Thanks guys! I'll give it a shot, just wanted to double check before breaking crap.
Thanks again,
Ken

mholbrook
06-07-2006, 05:32 PM
The injector clips are exactly the same as the clip on the temp sensor just to the front of the injector wiring cover. Basically, you pull up firmly and they come undone. I have broken one clip but not a problem since I used the piece from the temp sensor to fix that clip. Some day maybe I'll get a piece from a wrecker.

Jon K
06-07-2006, 05:55 PM
My electrical connectors just let go, no clips to pop off really. I undo the circlips by hand on the fuel rail.

BillionPa
06-07-2006, 05:57 PM
the clips are a dollar new....

joshua43214
06-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Rock them back and forth while pulling on them, they should pop off. You can also use a dentist pick to undo the clip if you don't have the type that can be released.

MBXB
06-07-2006, 09:54 PM
I sprayed Radio Shack Contact & Control Cleaner and Lubricant into each connector before unlocking and pulling them off. They slide right off. It loosens up the years of crud off of the connector. Cleans it off for the install too.

zuzuk212
06-11-2006, 07:39 AM
I did spray them with a contact lube, moved the spring clips a little and got them off.

Thanks to everyone for their input ... I didn't break anything!:D
Ken