PDA

View Full Version : well boys sorry but i don't think i can make chicago

bulldog_shotgun
06-07-2006, 01:57 PM
i had been meaning to do some maint. so last weekend i spent all day sat working on the ol 535 but dang it, she's far from done.
so i don't think i'm going to run her to chicago.

shes been throwing trans prog the last 2 weeks.
at first i thought it was a vacuum leak and it may still be.
i had accidently pulled the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator off.
and it had started idling rough then on a test drive it threw the trans prog.
so any way when putting that back on i found another nipple under the manifold were does that go???? i plugged it for now.
adjusted my valves and must have fricked one up becuase now i have a gosh darn tick. frick me!!!! and then to top it off my number 1 intake gasket is blown. so i called local stealership and ordered 6 new intake gaskets, spare fusible link, new trans filter, and gasket. trans filter and gasket are 60 bucks damn. oh well. but they had to order and parts wont be in until next week.
so i guess the car wont make this meet.

oh yeah i soldered my LKM and guess what still get the LOW BEAM on CCM.
and i replaced the license plate light yep you guessed it it didn't fix it even thought the old one was blown. i give up, i should have just stayed in bed saturday!!!!!!!!!!!

winfred
06-07-2006, 02:18 PM
the vacuum leak has nothing to do with the tranny! one of the two under the intake goes to the fp regulator and the other goes to the breather line that goes from the valve cover to the air boot. as for the low beam, are they both on? and both bright? sometimes the relay goes bad inside the lkm make sure you have power at the bulb and it's not a ground problem