PDA

View Full Version : Radio Problem

Pwr2spare
06-07-2006, 12:18 PM
I changed the negative ground cable on my 90 525i 5spd yesterday, because the outer plastic was flaking off. Anyway, after reconnecting the the battery, I reentered the time/date on the computer (so far so good). However, when I entered the radio code, the radio wouldn't activate, it just says Code. I tried a couple more times but the radio will not reactivate. Yes, this is the right code. Is there a step that I am missing or should I disconnect the battery again, wait 10 second and reconnect.

Need for tunes.

Thanks in advance to those can help.

AeroSmooth
06-07-2006, 12:32 PM
If you miss type the code...or other. The car requires the ignition to be in position 1 for one hour before it will accept the code. I have run into this where the dealer even put in the code for me, but without the wait period nothing will happen.

Pwr2spare
06-08-2006, 10:11 AM
Followed the proceedure as per you instruction but radio will not re-activate. Should I pull radio, wait a prescribed amount of time and re-install?

Pwr2spare
06-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Many thanks to AeroSmooth! Radio is up and running. I neglected to leave the radio on while in position one. Everything is now A OKay.