PDA

View Full Version : Painting Trim Instead of Dye?

JMI
06-05-2006, 10:42 PM
I've a white 1989 535i. The 'mouldings' or 'trim' or 'side skirts' or what ever they are call along the bottom sides on my car are black, but in spots the black has worn off and it is white/grey (?) much lighter in those spots. When I bought the the car my idea was to paint them but then started reading about "Forever Black" and other such products. The more I read about them the more that painting sounds like a better idea.
So if I paint them black what is the best brand/kind of paint to use? Any other tips? Anything to watch out for?

Thanks

BillionPa
06-05-2006, 11:06 PM
wurth rubberized undercoat!

well maybe not, but that would be cool as hell. try wurth trim paint, thats what its designed for

JMI
06-06-2006, 12:10 AM
Did a google on Wurth. They have a nice line of products. Wurth Flexible Trim Paint looks just right :p .

Thanks

Dash01
06-06-2006, 09:41 AM
I fixed mine with a spray-on urethane called Chip Guard by SEM. ~$15/can at better auto paint supply stores. Comes in clear or black. One can did the rocker panels, plus did the plastic grill, and had some left over. This stuff is for preventing rock chips, and works very well.