PDA

View Full Version : lost power to windows and doors

franks
06-05-2006, 08:43 PM
I have a 1990 525i. Last Friday during a rain storm I had my wipers on and then I lost power to the wipers, windows, doors, clock and radio. A few minutes later the power returned. This has been going on for the last four days. Is this a relay going bad or loose wire. How do I fix it? Please help.

Kai@e34.de
06-05-2006, 09:00 PM
main fuse broken. it's located near the battery in a small, black box.

Paul in NZ
06-06-2006, 01:53 AM
also known a fusible link,search at e 34 .net

s_ribbens
06-06-2006, 06:44 AM
So would this be a likely cause of my intermittent window failure? Just in the last few days they will not work. For example, I roll them down and then they won't roll back up. BUT, if I turn off the car and immediately turn key back on they work just fine. The only reason I'm questioning this is because they work immediately upon cycling the key.

Sorry to add in here but I didn't feel it was worth a new thread and a search revealed nothing pertinant.

DL-
06-06-2006, 03:36 PM
The fusible link can cause many intermittent failures that can clear themselves up while you're driving. Windows, locks, wipers, radio, ... Until it opens completely...

It's easy enough to check. Remove and inspect the link. I now carry several spares in my tool kit...

HTH,
Dennis

s_ribbens
06-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Thanks much! I know it's easy to check but I figured I'd ask. I'll check it next time I'm out there.