PDA

View Full Version : 1995 M3- Clutch Slipping? ADVICE NEEDED!

SF E36
06-05-2006, 01:11 PM
i have an 95 M3 and i've been having a few problems lately... my accelerations lags a bit(RPMs drop, then increase again) when i step on the gas so im thinking that my clutch is slipping. i was wonering if anyone had any suggestions as where to go to order a new clutch and about how much it would be (im thinkin about $800?). specs of clutch etc.? anything will help. thanks.

BillionPa
06-07-2006, 06:40 PM
stock engine?

BillionPa
06-07-2006, 07:02 PM
well, stock or not get this!

http://www.nexternal.com/uuc/?Target=products.asp&RowID=194

87esir
06-07-2006, 09:08 PM
wouldn't that be a bit of an over kill if he just needs stock replacement parts? Not everyone needs an expensive lightened flywheel and racing clutch/pressure plate, of course that may be what he wants.
You do as you wish but I would first make sure you NEED a clutch/pressure plate. If your clutch is slipping you should be able to mash the gas in high gear and the rpms will go up w/o your speed increasing. If you clutch is slipping it will gradually get worse to where it slips in forth then third and so on as I described above.
If it is going out and you want stock replacement parts I would check with the franchise parts stores or of course your bmw dealer.