PDA

View Full Version : Finally Lowered! PICS [56k Beware]

saj3n
06-04-2006, 08:59 PM
Jon K. Hooked me up. Threw some Eibach springs on, fixed my gap issue. New thrust arms, drilled/slotted rotors, pads, painted calipers... :-D Good Stuff! Pics Below!

Before
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b203/saj3n/blk.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b203/saj3n/bmwbg.jpg

After :-D

http://www.jasenhudson.com/bmw/ns1.jpg

http://www.jasenhudson.com/bmw/ns2.jpg

saj3n
06-04-2006, 09:00 PM
http://www.jasenhudson.com/bmw/ns3.jpg

http://www.jasenhudson.com/bmw/ns4.jpg

http://www.jasenhudson.com/bmw/ns5.jpg

Nick.Hay
06-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Much, much , MUCH better my friend!!

And she look demonic being black on black rims....

Truly a black beauty, you must be very proud of her ;) ;)

saj3n
06-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Much, much , MUCH better my friend!!

And she look demonic being black on black rims....

Truly a black beauty, you must be very proud of her ;) ;)

Thanks alot! Yea... scary sometimes.. :-P I love her!!! My Fiance gets jealous...

genphreak
06-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Thanks alot! Yea... scary sometimes.. :-P I love her!!! My Fiance gets jealous...Pure filth! The baddest bitch in the pack always wears black!

What a stunner; now all u have to do is run some drugs across the state at mach3 without getting caught :) Nick

E34 530
06-04-2006, 09:39 PM
once again, beautiful. Wish my car was black. :(

saj3n
06-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Lol!

Mendozart
06-04-2006, 09:49 PM
That's fricken sweet!

CharlesAFerg
06-04-2006, 11:39 PM

What style of wheels are those? (Most specifically how are they black)

Also, with the new lowering springs, how does that affect the handling of the car? It almost seems like you would be rubbing the tire against the fender in the slightest turns it's so low? I was looking at that kit today, thats why I'm curious. Keep me informed on your experiences with it!
Thanks, and your car looks absolutely killer, man
Oh, and your PM box is full...
-Charles

SchnellE34
06-05-2006, 06:27 AM
once again, beautiful. Wish my car was black. :(

Andrew, wana trade? haha. I have always wanted a silver car.

Anways Saj3n the car looks freakin sweet! Too bad PA doesn't give out the black DARE plates anymore (the bastards realized that everyone was just putting them on their cars to look good.) Maybe I'll let you have mine, if indeed my girlfriend and I move to MD.

saj3n
06-05-2006, 06:44 AM
Andrew, wana trade? haha. I have always wanted a silver car.

Anways Saj3n the car looks freakin sweet! Too bad PA doesn't give out the black DARE plates anymore (the bastards realized that everyone was just putting them on their cars to look good.) Maybe I'll let you have mine, if indeed my girlfriend and I move to MD.

I'll take your plate ASAP! :-D However.... I have been thinking about taking it back to California and Registering it.... Would aid in skipping the Inspection/Emmissions every year... :)

Kulasstar
06-05-2006, 08:51 AM
how do those rims feel on the ride? smooth a stock?

saj3n
06-05-2006, 09:37 AM
how do those rims feel on the ride? smooth a stock?

The rims are great, the tires are low profile, so ride is a bit more rough, but not too noticeable. It rides extremely well with new suspension!

31Hertz
06-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Aaaah, she's lookin schweet! I have GOT to scratch up some dough for them Rondell 58's:D

CharlesAFerg
06-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Aaaah, she's lookin schweet! I have GOT to scratch up some dough for them Rondell 58's:D

Ah, my question has been answered! :-D Thanks buddy lol
-Charles

saj3n
06-05-2006, 10:41 AM

Also, with the new lowering springs, how does that affect the handling of the car? It almost seems like you would be rubbing the tire against the fender in the slightest turns it's so low? I was looking at that kit today, thats why I'm curious. Keep me informed on your experiences with it!
-Charles

Hey! Sorry for the slow response. The handling seems much better with the springs. However, handling already improved alot with wheel upgrade, wider wheels and such. The wheels do not rub at all. It is low, but not too much lower than stock, at least the rear isn't. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. I'll give all the information possible :-D

1991 525i Novs
06-05-2006, 10:44 AM
what kind of eibach springs did u put on there, the sport ones or what and what kind of shocks, Stock?

saj3n
06-05-2006, 11:08 AM
what kind of eibach springs did u put on there, the sport ones or what

Not sure, I purchased from a guy who had them on a 535i. I believe the are: 2013.140. They are the Pro-Kit, 1.3" in front, 1.0" for the rear.

Scott H
06-05-2006, 11:58 AM
are not due to wider wheels, but to the lower, stiffer tire sidewalls. Less roll and compression with these tires than the stock 15s adds more to actual and perceived lateral traction than the wider width.

Hey! Sorry for the slow response. The handling seems much better with the springs. However, handling already improved alot with wheel upgrade, wider wheels and such. The wheels do not rub at all. It is low, but not too much lower than stock, at least the rear isn't. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. I'll give all the information possible :-D

saj3n
06-05-2006, 12:00 PM
are not due to wider wheels, but to the lower, stiffer tire sidewalls. Less roll and compression with these tires than the stock 15s adds more to actual and perceived lateral traction than the wider width.

AH!!! Makes alot of sense. I've been thinking about it wrong. Thanks for the correction.

saj3n
06-05-2006, 04:09 PM
How did you mount the LED's in your low beams? I placed a pair within my high beams... just curious...

(Forgive my phone picture quality)

CharlesAFerg
06-05-2006, 11:21 PM
How did you mount the LED's in your low beams? I placed a pair within my high beams... just curious...

Oh god damn!!!! Tell me as well!

I'm also looking to put LEDs shining very lightly on my license plate. Someone else here has done it, but I know they have a euro spec E34 w LED globes in the lights and in the rear...
Mine is US...

About the lowering, how much of a difference is the rear drop compared to the front drop? What if I only lowered the front, what would be any and all implications from that? Everyone pitch in lol I'm curious... :)

PJONG
06-06-2006, 05:25 AM
I have a question, did you replace the shocks when you switched to lowering springs?

Jon K
06-06-2006, 06:24 AM
Oh god damn!!!! Tell me as well!

I'm also looking to put LEDs shining very lightly on my license plate. Someone else here has done it, but I know they have a euro spec E34 w LED globes in the lights and in the rear...
Mine is US...

About the lowering, how much of a difference is the rear drop compared to the front drop? What if I only lowered the front, what would be any and all implications from that? Everyone pitch in lol I'm curious... :)

If you lower just the front your car will explode. But no, seriously you need to have matching spring rates at all four corners.

Looks awesome Jasen!

Speeder 553
06-06-2006, 08:40 AM

-Charles

In my experience, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs lowered my ride a moderate amount
(1.3" R and 1.0" F) with no tire rubbing and it very rarely bottoms out.

saj3n
06-06-2006, 01:05 PM
I have a question, did you replace the shocks when you switched to lowering springs?

I actually replaced the shocks a couple months ago, front shocks I went with KYB. The rear are still stock, but replacing soon.

saj3n
06-06-2006, 01:06 PM
If you lower just the front your car will explode. But no, seriously you need to have matching spring rates at all four corners.

Looks awesome Jasen!

Thanks Jon! You're the man!

saj3n
06-06-2006, 01:09 PM
In my experience, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs lowered my ride a moderate amount
(1.3" R and 1.0" F) with no tire rubbing and it very rarely bottoms out.

I agree, no bottoming out yet! And no tire rubbing. Plus looks and handles much better. I did notice a difference though, stepping outside the vehicle I do feel the difference in vehicle height... And seeing as I'm getting Old, my knees quiver a bit more when exiting the vehicle.

angrypancake
06-06-2006, 02:23 PM

how the......

saj3n
06-06-2006, 02:31 PM
how the......

lol

Incantation
06-06-2006, 02:31 PM
looks nice

saj3n
06-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Thanks! :)

Jon K
06-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Andrews car is now officially lowered.

saj3n
06-06-2006, 03:21 PM
Andrews car is now officially lowered.

Yea? how does it look?! Has he seen it yet?

PJONG
06-06-2006, 04:11 PM
awesome!!! your car looks great... i envy you... mine's white... i like the clean look!!! ;) by the way can you send me the specs for the shocks?

all the best..

saj3n
06-06-2006, 04:38 PM
awesome!!! your car looks great... i envy you... mine's white... i like the clean look!!! ;) by the way can you send me the specs for the shocks?

all the best..

The shocks that I had installed were KYB, picked up off of www.tirerack.com if you put in your make/model/year, it will give you the exact model number and information for them.

Lowering the car I used Eibach springs.