PDA

View Full Version : could this be my donor M5

Elekta
06-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Does this chick even know what she has? Only 9k in reserve? 2 sets of wheels? 79k miles...my black interior

This may be it (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/310hp-Inline-BMW-M5-CLEAN-1OWNER-LIKE-NEW-GARAGE-KEPT_W0QQitemZ4645460179QQcategoryZ6131QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem) listed in the M3's too

winfred
06-03-2006, 08:16 PM
it looks yummy, even has the correct color interior the black is usually water buffalo hide and lasts forever, usually the good deal cars have that shitty dove gray/white that looks like ass on 95% of the cars

angrypancake
06-03-2006, 08:23 PM
10022 is midtown. 10027 is upper west side, 116th street ish area. sounds like a NYC road trip to me! if you want, I'll be in the city tomorrow night and Monday I think... I'm always up for checking out a car (and test driving it)

e39dream
06-03-2006, 08:25 PM
that IS it! Thats a nice e34! but the seller's zero feedback is questionable- I def. would be requiring a COD type deal if I were to bid.

Elekta
06-04-2006, 09:44 AM
that IS it! Thats a nice e34! but the seller's zero feedback is questionable- I def. would be requiring a COD type deal if I were to bid.
Sounds more like it's her own personal //m. Probably lived in a manhattan garage most of its like, but just bombed up the Taconic every weekend somewhere. My parents used to make a 72nd and lex up to Manchester, Vt in a 81 blue on tan 528im every weekend, but the car never drove around the city per se ever. They prob put more miles on it, but it was kept in top shape. This might be a sim' sitchiation

It was $10k all-in a month ago when I got this one
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/madeit.jpg
and drove it back from boise

It'd be a sweet deal to flybuydrivehome a chic owned,babied cinnarot

632 Regal
06-04-2006, 09:57 AM
how was that trip? any problems at all?

Sounds more like it's her own personal //m. Probably lived in a manhattan garage most of its like, but just bombed up the Taconic every weekend somewhere. My parents used to make a 72nd and lex up to Manchester, Vt in a 81 blue on tan 528im every weekend, but the car never drove around the city per se ever. They prob put more miles on it, but it was kept in top shape. This might be a sim' sitchiation

It was $10k all-in a month ago when I got this one
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/madeit.jpg
and drove it back from boise

Scott H
06-04-2006, 10:01 AM
yahoo M5 group. New radiator, green coolant, a dealership has also listed it on autotrader, etc......engine and tranny are ????? K&N filter sticker on the intake box, etc etc. Tread with caution

Does this chick even know what she has? Only 9k in reserve? 2 sets of wheels? 79k miles...my black interior

This may be it (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/310hp-Inline-BMW-M5-CLEAN-1OWNER-LIKE-NEW-GARAGE-KEPT_W0QQitemZ4645460179QQcategoryZ6131QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem) listed in the M3's too

Elekta
06-04-2006, 10:22 AM
how was that trip? any problems at all?
oh this lil trip? pretty close to the final route
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/map.jpg
nope
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/DSCN3702.jpg

gotta limk on that red m5 Scott? remember I only want the franken touring donor parts, yall can have the rest

winfred
06-04-2006, 10:26 AM
i remember the pics you posted of that chevy, that thing is sweet

E34 530
06-04-2006, 10:28 AM
gotta limk on that red m5 Scott? remember I only want the franken touring donor parts, yall can have the rest[/QUOTE]

I'll take the sideskirts :p

KenB
06-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Besides the other things already mentioned, for me the red flags go up when I read it "has a new clutch" with only 79k on it. Why??? Someone is such a clutch rider they burned it up? Beat to ****? Hole shots? Donuts on B'way? Cruisin' for crack in Alphabet City?? (being cynical but you get my drift) I guess I question this because I'm still on the original clutch at 172,000 miles.

Being a city car isn't all bad unless the 79k was all city miles, which would be about 300 million miles of "normal" driving. :D I've driven in NYC many times...All suspension and brakes would be shot for sure along with the clutch. I'd be suspicious...who do you get to do a PPI in NYC? There is a dealer in Manhattan but probably need a 3 month lead time for an appointment. Labor rate $250/hr? who knows?

Then again, it could be a very fine specimen...maybe.

E34 530
06-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Besides the other things already mentioned, for me the red flags go up when I read it "has a new clutch" with only 79k on it. Why??? Someone is such a clutch rider they burned it up? Beat to ****? Hole shots? Donuts on B'way? Cruisin' for crack in Alphabet City?? (being cynical but you get my drift) I guess I question this because I'm still on the original clutch at 172,000 miles.

Being a city car isn't all bad unless the 79k was all city miles, which would be about 300 million miles of "normal" driving. :D I've driven in NYC many times...All suspension and brakes would be shot for sure along with the clutch. I'd be suspicious...who do you get to do a PPI in NYC? There is a dealer in Manhattan but probably need a 3 month lead time for an appointment. Labor rate $250/hr? who knows?

Then again, it could be a very fine specimen...maybe.

I've heard M5's are notorious for eating clutches, but I could be wrong.

angrypancake
06-04-2006, 11:36 AM

up the palisades can be an awesome drive. but traffic on the gw bridge is always a bitch, and now theres cops all over the palisades in these crazy hiding spots. last time i was on it was fun though, back when i had the 525 some kid in a gutted vw gti was on my bumper and we had some fun :). 72nd and lex? niiice.

Scott H
06-04-2006, 11:48 AM
The original M5 clutches were notoriously stiff (pedal-wise). A redesign was issued but many of the original cars have the original in them still. I changed mine out at 88k for that reason alone.....clutch and flywheel looked find when I removed them.

Scott H
06-04-2006, 11:49 AM
I didn't follow it too closely....

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/bmwe34m5/message/49256

angrypancake
06-04-2006, 12:14 PM
so apparently its really at a dealership in Deer Park, NY, and they're asking 17k for it. plus according to carfax it was involved in a frontal accident in 1994.

Scott H
06-04-2006, 03:04 PM
It's probably 50% driver as well.

Elekta
06-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Glad for it to have been wrecked....makes it an even better valued donor car...it just has to make one 1600 mile trip...

angrypancake
06-04-2006, 03:15 PM
yes but the exact same pictures at a dealership? it seems that the ebay seller has stolen the pictures? sounds like it needs to be researched. have you contacted the seller?

onewhippedpuppy
06-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Anybody else notice the fact that the some of the carpet is black, some is tan? Smells like BS to me, anyone that knows the production numbers and HP figures is smart enough to know what it is worth.

sKilled
06-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Donor car? Are you f*%$&£n kidding me? Buy and keep it. Period.

jrobbo
06-04-2006, 06:30 PM

E34 M5's are notorious for eating lots of expensive things, like water pumps, rear shocks etc, but no problems with the clutch other than the early ones were very stiff as someone has already pointed out

Regards

John

Elekta
06-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Donor car? Are you f*%$&£n kidding me? Buy and keep it. Period.first off, I don't need a 3rd e34.

I am going to upgrade my touring hook or by crook, and an M5 like this is just the donor for engine, suspension, electronics, brakes, exhaust, engine mounts, all the goodies to take my 530 to M5T land.

I don't like the thought that the interior looks like it was tan originally, but this doesn't have to be the car...I just thought it might be.

It's a better bet that Saliya or Zaraska will come up with my donor car...or the the real deal itself....like this one.

http://www.euromcars.com/92m5t/m5t-8.jpg
look ma, no roof rails

Elekta
06-05-2006, 08:46 PM
somfing's vewy vewy scwewy over at ebay re: that red M5.

all bids retracted or cancelled, and now bidders must be preapproved.

what's the rumpus?

here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4645460179&fromMakeTrack=true)

http://carad.ebayimg.com/i5/02/a/07/52/95/0e_4.JPG

angrypancake
06-05-2006, 08:48 PM
and its still listed as an M3....

angrypancake
06-05-2006, 08:52 PM
i still volunteer, if you can arrange it with the seller, to go down and take it for a test drive and find out what the deal is first hand. pictures of any/all documentation, etc etc.

Chris'91'525i
06-05-2006, 09:07 PM
somfing's vewy vewy scwewy over at ebay re: that red M5.

all bids retracted or cancelled, and now bidders must be preapproved.

what's the rumpus?

I was going to say the same thing.
Earlier today it was up to around $9,500. ,now at $2,800...

Sounds like the seller made up some unrealistic terms to bid on the auction.....

Probably forgot to set a reserve, and afraid to get lowballed on it.

Elekta
06-06-2006, 03:18 AM
i still volunteer, if you can arrange it with the seller, to go down and take it for a test drive and find out what the deal is first hand. pictures of any/all documentation, etc etc.
can't you just pretend to want to buy it? I need some info on the ground and up close. Hear the motor, see if the exhaust is covered in oil from a small leak at the rear main seal, find out what's up with the interior....if the seller is indeed a girl who's owned the car from new....that sort of thing.

Just call her up and make an arrangement to see the car, and ask her to drive it around with you in it.

or not,

it's ok if you can't, and I'm more curious than serious actually. I am serious at or near $9k...which I'm guessing she/it was trying to prevent from being her sold price.

tia

angrypancake
06-06-2006, 06:20 AM
email to seller sent. told her i was a serious buyer and everything. we'll see how it goes.

TheEndIsNear
06-06-2006, 12:20 PM
And now the ad is gone...

angrypancake
06-06-2006, 12:22 PM
s-c-a-m

Elekta
06-06-2006, 08:10 PM
s-c-a-m

what a country

sKilled
06-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Bad luck dude - a sorry for not reading properly why you wanted a donor car. Oh so cool - like an Audi RS6 Avant. Kick ass stationwagons, I love them because they are sweet to drive and practical too. Just don't forget to strap the dog in, or else he may end up leaving through the rear window when you take off.

Elekta
06-07-2006, 06:34 PM
Think this guy likes to fish. Posts the cinnney m5, yanks it, and then sends out this email

(I;m thinking as Im reading...wilder? you know jo ann wilder...from romancing the stone)

Hello,
I'm really sorry for this late reply but I have been very busy lately
and away from a computer. Anyway,thank you for your interest in buying
the car. Why is the price so low? I am going trough a divorce. The car
is located in New York NY, in excellent running and body condition ,no
flaws on it or any other mechanical problems. It has a clear title and
it will be signed and notorized on your name as soon as the payment will
be completed.
The final price is only $9,000.00 including shipping costs anywhere in
the continental US. There are no other costs regarding this transaction.
Regarding the payment I am aware of the buyer's protection and we will
use Ebay's Motors Vehicle Purchase protection program which will hold
the payment until you receive the car. You'll need to make a deposit
for 30% of the total amount of $9,000.00 which means $2,700.00 and the
remaining balance of $6,300.00 after delivery of the car with a cashier
check or bank transfer.To complete payment the buyer must have cash
available. By making a deposit you are not buying the car ,is just the
way the program works (and in case you buy the car it will give you a 1
month/1000 miles guarantee).However , it is 100% refundable if the car
is not as described .
So, please let me know if you are agree.
Smooth transaction, fast, safe and secure.
I will wait your decision.
Jo Ann Beisler
New York NY 10022
joannbeisler@aol.com

the program?

angrypancake
06-07-2006, 06:37 PM
wooooooooooow i got that SAME email a while back, there was a black on grey m5 in delaware, they'd stolen the pictures from a dif ebay auction. literally verbatim email.

ryan roopnarine
06-07-2006, 07:16 PM
what a country

in soviet russia, wagon donates JOO!!!

onewhippedpuppy
06-08-2006, 05:21 AM
This is a bad turn for car scams, in the past they were poorly written generic messages, and pretty easy to sniff out. Unfortunately, this one seems to be fairly well written, applies to the specific car in question, and is at least somewhat believable. People just need to remember, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Further reinforcing why I will never put money down on something that I haven't seen in person first. Call me a sissy, but how in the hell do people do it? I sold a '70 911 to a guy in California, all he saw of the car was in pictures. I described it very accurately, but I could have screwed him over quite easily.

angrypancake
06-08-2006, 06:01 PM
Hello again Ralph,
As I said the car is in New York NY but I am in California like I said
I am going trough a divorce so I must to be here. Doing this you don't
buy the car, just make a deposit. eBay motors will only hold the payment
for you. If when you see the car decide to buy it you will annouce ebay
motors to release the money to me. If you don't want to buy it (even if
I don't see any reason for that) you will get a 100% refund from ebay
motors.
This is why we'll work through eBay Motors Customer Department and they
will keep the money untill the purchase is final and you test it and
accept it.
Sorry for not being clear from the begining, my fault.
If you are interested in this car please provide me the follwing
informations necessary to take a decission :
-your full name and address for shipping
-your phone #
-any negative feedback and if so .... for what reason .
If I receive the requested information you will be informed by eBay
during the next 12-24 hours with details about your purchase.
The car will be inspected and evaluated by eBay's team so there is no
need to ask me about it's condition as long it will be a guaranteed
purchase by eBay.
Thank you, Once again, shipping is free.
Jo Ann Beisler
New York NY 10022
joannbeisler@aol.com

VIN# WBSHD9316MBK05454 Factory 310hp Inline 6-cylinder with a 5-speed.
Excellent condition throughout and runs very strong with only 79,000 miles.
The cars straight with no rust dings nor dents.
The interior is in excellent condition too. The engine and transmission
are silky smooth. The car's also loaded with Full Power, Leather,
Moonroof and more..... Plus the cars fully serviced with a new clutch.
It's ready to go! It's also very rare and it's one of 1,678 North
American M5's built. The car now sits on the original set of 91 M5
wheels. However, pictured below are a set of 2002 M5 wheels , which will
be included in the sale at the same price. You can consider like a BONUS.

angrypancake
06-08-2006, 06:01 PM
and my reply read something like "my name isnt ralph you scamming moron...."