PDA

View Full Version : Less than a week for the E34 Chicago Meet! You ready???

Jr ///M5
06-03-2006, 03:54 PM
Are you ready? Excited? Anxious? It's been a long time coming! Next Saturday will be the biggest E34 Meet in history and covered by Roundel, by all means, don't miss it!

It will be great to meet some of you for the first time. My hat is off to those of you who travel great distances to attend. Can you imagine? There's going to be over 50 E34's there!!! Hope each and every one of you have your car in roadworthy fashion and enjoy the journey to the meet. Travel Mercy to all of you who are on the road and in the air to attend, you will be in our prayers for a safe journey, to and fro....;)

Special thanks to those who have hidden behind the lines to make this event a dream come true. There was a lot of work and coordination making arrangements for the meet. Thanks Brandon J., Scott H., Kris, and anyone else that I'm forgetting to mention. Your hard work and dedication is appreciated by everyone here who is attending the meet.

As for everyone else....there better not be a dirty E34 within 500 miles of Chicago!!!:D

Hope to see you there!!!
Jr

E34 530
06-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Trying to get thermostat, upper and lower rad hoses, eibachs and bilsteins, fan clutch and shroud, coolant flush, hub centric rings with rims, and shadowline done. Thanks Jon!!!

angrypancake
06-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Hope each and every one of you have your car in roadworthy fashion and enjoy the journey to the meet.

:(

Gayle
06-03-2006, 05:20 PM
:(

Tell me this doesn't mean you can't make it:(

winfred
06-03-2006, 06:03 PM
my virgina trip got pushed back a week so if it wouldn't be for the fact that it would be a 1900 mile round trip ending 3 days before a 2300 mile round trip id be there

Gayle
06-03-2006, 06:30 PM
my virgina trip got pushed back a week so if it wouldn't be for the fact that it would be a 1900 mile round trip ending 3 days before a 2300 mile round trip id be there

You obviously should make it a round trip. BR to Chicago, Chicago to Virginia, then home.

Driving vacations are just the best. Live a little Winfred. In fact, don't make me send you one of those internet chain letters about live every day as if it were your last. When an airlplane part falls out of the sky and hits you and you bite it, you will be on your death bed thinking, "I'm dying and I never made it to an e34 summer event. :( "

pundit
06-03-2006, 06:34 PM
You obviously should make it a round trip. BR to Chicago, Chicago to Virginia, then home.

Driving vacations are just the best. Live a little Winfred. In fact, don't make me send you one of those internet chain letters about live every day as if it were your last. When an airlplane part falls out of the sky and hits you and you bite it, you will be on your death bed thinking, "I'm dying and I never made it to an e34 summer event. :( "

I wonder what kind of alcohol induced forum hoax this meet will end in? ;)

Gayle
06-03-2006, 06:41 PM
I wonder what kind of alcohol induced forum hoax this meet will end in? ;)

Since it is at a public park the internet access will be harder, but hey, I will have my razberry so anything is possible.

Note to self--start plotting revenge now.

winfred
06-03-2006, 06:57 PM
yea but when i go to va it'll be in the truck dragging 6-8k pounds (6k going and 8k coming) and that leg over will be adding around 500 miles to what won't be great fuel mileage, if i was doing it in the 325 then duh, id install the m-coupe suspension, paint the airdam/bumper then do the interior crap like the cracked dash/carpet (bitchen 318is loupe pile verses the crappy cut pile 325 stuff) and show up in style

You obviously should make it a round trip. BR to Chicago, Chicago to Virginia, then home

SchnellE34
06-03-2006, 07:15 PM
"I'm dying and I never made it to an e34 summer event. :( "

I sure as hell don't want to ever say that...

Gayle
06-03-2006, 07:52 PM
if i was doing it in the 325 then duh, id install the m-coupe suspension, paint the airdam/bumper then do the interior crap like the cracked dash/carpet (bitchen 318is loupe pile verses the crappy cut pile 325 stuff) and show up in style

You got a week. Best get busy.

angrypancake
06-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Tell me this doesn't mean you can't make it:(

the countdown is on. those mother f'ers at the shop said 7-10 days. that was 3 weeks ago. they finally moved it like 3 days ago. we shall see.

Gayle
06-03-2006, 07:54 PM
the countdown is on. those mother f'ers at the shop said 7-10 days. that was 3 weeks ago. they finally moved it like 3 days ago. we shall see.

Give me their number.

winfred
06-03-2006, 08:00 PM
rebuilding the e30 is a no brainer but it's ill equipped to tow grand ma's volvo i built her to va and my pool table and grand dad's truck that i am building for mom back to loserana, so i gotta takea da trucka, maybe next time

You got a week. Best get busy.

azale
06-06-2006, 07:33 AM
Trying to get thermostat, upper and lower rad hoses, eibachs and bilsteins, fan clutch and shroud, coolant flush, hub centric rings with rims, and shadowline done. Thanks Jon!!!
What? Didn't you hear about the contests?
Unfortunately, I am in the running and have a decent chance of winning in the last two categories.

Contests:
- $25 clean car contest
- $50 worst shape E34 contest
- $50 most original, true to stock contest
I guess I'll pass on patching the rust hole in my front quarterpanel until after the competition. The interior is actually quite nice but the exterior needs work.

Scott H
06-06-2006, 08:23 AM
but there are some E34s, in MUCH worse shape, and I see e-code headlights on your E34, I also hope you don't have 750iL thrust arm bushings.....we will be evaluating on a comprehensive basis....and trust me....we'll find EVERYTHING!

What? Didn't you hear about the contests?
Unfortunately, I am in the running and have a decent chance of winning in the last two categories.

I guess I'll pass on patching the rust hole in my front quarterpanel until after the competition. The interior is actually quite nice but the exterior needs work.

ryan roopnarine
06-06-2006, 08:42 AM
rebuilding the e30 is a no brainer but it's ill equipped to tow grand ma's volvo i built her to va and my pool table and grand dad's truck that i am building for mom back to loserana, so i gotta takea da trucka, maybe next time

waitasec....that dually's bed tilts down to pick up a vehicle? from the looks of the thing, i thought the truck had a fixed position deck. or are you picking cars with cranes or forklifts or such and putting them on?

ryan roopnarine
06-06-2006, 08:44 AM
i guess i need to resize my sig picture. the size of the thing is only 14.6kb, wonder why its so big (measurement wise)

f*** it,its d-day

ill put this one up for a couple of days

Qube
06-06-2006, 08:52 AM
No, I'm not ready... haven't got the rad/fan/hoses changed... the ACS body kit is still in box... but hell, I'll be there :) I'm working on retrofitting the Depo halo projos with HIDs and throwing out the other crappy ones.

winfred
06-06-2006, 08:55 AM
fixed bed, transporting the car/truck on a trailer, i forklifted a car on the back for traction to pull the big lift out of a mud hole once
http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/stuck%20lift.jpg
this is what i pulled out, 19,850# dry weight and up to it's axles
http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/stuck%20lift%201.jpg

waitasec....that dually's bed tilts down to pick up a vehicle? from the looks of the thing, i thought the truck had a fixed position deck. or are you picking cars with cranes or forklifts or such and putting them on?

billb
06-06-2006, 09:26 AM
...but I'll actually be in town the following week (June 19-21) at the National Plastics Expo at McCormick Place. Wish I could've bridged it out, but too many work and home obligations to do it.

If anyone wants to meet for lunch one day, let me know. We'll be staying at the Sheraton off Water Street. I've been to Chicago once, and had a nice time. The wife is joining me on this trip, too!

Brandon J
06-06-2006, 09:30 AM
Hahaha. Yup, there will be some E34s in much worse shape. I am one of the judges and have been watching a lot of CSI reruns on Spike TV so I am ready to look at every little detail of your E34.

Oh yeah, see that you used non BMW windshield wipers, or 750 bushings, or non-textar brake pads, or a standard screw (non-metric) on your license plate. Hehe, yup, E34s will be looked at to CSI precision, personally I like the CSI Miami precision b/c same job just with hotter women.

but there are some E34s, in MUCH worse shape, and I see e-code headlights on your E34, I also hope you don't have 750iL thrust arm bushings.....we will be evaluating on a comprehensive basis....and trust me....we'll find EVERYTHING!

azale
06-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Andy, not to ruin your high hopes.... but there are some E34s, in MUCH worse shape.
Well, that is good to hear, sort of . . . and yet, not really.

and I see e-code headlights on your E34, I also hope you don't have 750iL thrust arm bushings.....we will be evaluating on a comprehensive basis....and trust me....we'll find EVERYTHING!
I do have a few upgrades, but just a handful. Out of 56 cars do you think any will be bone stock? I think I have the bushings, the headlights, clear front corners, a different radio, and a steering wheel cover . . . but I'll ditch the cover if it helps :)

I am one of the judges and have been watching a lot of CSI reruns on Spike TV so I am ready to look at every little detail of your E34 . . . , yup, E34s will be looked at to CSI precision.
I hope you don't find any pieces of that hitchhiker I picked up a while back :p

dacoyote
06-06-2006, 11:24 AM
I think we should have one for... cheapest mod... I think my 35 bucks of wires and switchs instead of fixing the key would win... :-)

angrypancake
06-06-2006, 11:30 AM
lol one of my buddies used to have a pos e30 that was permanently hotwired, you couldnt use a key on it. had to use a screwdriver.

dacoyote
06-06-2006, 12:03 PM
lol one of my buddies used to have a pos e30 that was permanently hotwired, you couldnt use a key on it. had to use a screwdriver.

I did that for about 2 days.... then moved to the push buttons

632 Regal
06-06-2006, 12:27 PM
you better clean that master cylinder leak this year :D My car has demoted itself from rock chips on the hood...amazing what 2 years and 50 K miles can do.
As for everyone else....there better not be a dirty E34 within 500 miles of Chicago!!!:D
Jr

632 Regal
06-06-2006, 03:46 PM
freakin ugly under the hood man... looks like a couple minutes are gonna be spent here tonight.