PDA

View Full Version : Terrigal meet prep

wingman
06-02-2006, 02:24 AM
It's been raining here for the past 12 hours which is f**king great. We have a REALLY bad drought in OZ and my town of Goulburn has become the focal point as all our water is gone and we have to truck it in!!! Anyway rain and polishing cars in an open carport don't mix until Wingman came along! You can't take a dirty car to a car meet so here's what I'm up to:

1. Purchased new, you beaut, chamois. $15.99
2. Trying some new McGuires polish $26.99. seems okay
3. My 2nd favourite wax, Turtle Premium (yeah it's shite but I can't get to my dad's shop to get some more Autoglym!)$20.00
4. Sinking copious amounts of VB (Victoria Bitter) and Bundaberg Rum & Cola.
5. Don Mclean rocking the ipod
6. Wondering where I'm going to stick the pictures of the E34 M5 LE in the latest 'BMW CAR' mag (sweeeeeet).
6. Wondering if I'll be sober enough to meet the lads at 11.00 in Sydney which is about 2 hours from where I am now.
7. Getting back to the polishing. See you tommorrow lads!

Boom n Zoom
06-02-2006, 03:21 AM
I grabbed that as well have my copy packed :)

Have been called into work *sigh* so I am leaving as soon as I can after I get out, I am packed fuelled and ready to go.

I also have the Maguires Quick Detailer and a microfibre 'dust magnet' to do the touch up once I get somewhere when it's light enough to see properly.:D

GJPinAU
06-02-2006, 03:36 AM
I grabbed that as well have my copy packed :)

Have been called into work *sigh* so I am leaving as soon as I can after I get out, I am packed fuelled and ready to go.

I also have the Maguires Quick Detailer and a microfibre 'dust magnet' to do the touch up once I get somewhere when it's light enough to see properly.:D
Mate, take it easy coming down, its raining fairly heavily (then again any rain here would be heavy).
Remember: Stop, revive, survive. You've got a 8.5 hour drive in front of you. See ya in the morn.

Greg

Boom n Zoom
06-02-2006, 03:52 AM
Absolutely Mate.

Done these long hauls a lot of times and I have a nice little set-up of three hours on, 20 mins off, rinse repeat. Am about to head into work now, see you in the morning.

wingman
06-02-2006, 04:00 AM
I've just got done with the polishing! I'll get out in the morning light to touch up the annoying bits of dried polish that get into the cracks and ruin the job. I've got some photoshopping to do as I took a phone camera photo of those E38 wheels that I like...Shite...don't mention the wheels or this post will go nuts:D