PDA

View Full Version : OT, plug for Hunter. One of my customers had me

Bill R.
06-01-2006, 06:05 PM
go up to their house today to do some work. They pay me my normal hourly rate so i enjoy a break from the car stuff usually... anyway i went up to do some welding for them and they wanted me to take a look at a hunter ceiling fan they were having problems with. They bought it 14 years ago and its worked fine till now. It won't start on its own so they called support and were told that they needed a new start capacitor. They wanted me to look at it and install the capacitor while i was there since they have already paid my
travel time. So i took it apart and looked at it and the capacitors seemed to be ok but i found that the bearings were almost seized and it had a lot of friction if you tried to spin it by hand. So they called hunter support and told them what i found. A 14 year old fan without the original receipt anymore and hunter said we don't make that fan anymore , if you pick one from our website that you like we'll send it to you instead.. Very good customer support.
Just gave me another reason to buy Hunter in the future for my own stuff.

Alexlind123
06-01-2006, 06:31 PM
There are several casablanca ceiling fans in our house. They are supposed to be the best in the world. What i like most about them is the nifty little screwdrivers that they came with, i use one on the interior of my car whenever i feel the urge to take something apart.

http://www.casablancafanco.com/home.html

winfred
06-01-2006, 07:04 PM
yea i gotta lube my hunter every once in a while or it gets slow or dead in low

mattyb
06-01-2006, 07:49 PM
thats awesome. what a great examlpe for the rest of the slackers out there! good to see that folks still give a ****.