PDA

View Full Version : Touring door panels..........

gtopaul
06-01-2006, 05:27 PM
are the rear door panels of a touring the same as the regular sedans?

Thanks.

Paul L

Rigmaster
06-01-2006, 07:40 PM
hmmmm
the doors are definitely different, but I *think* the panels are the same- at least close enough.

I sold some 535i sedan panels to someone who put them in his touring, maybe he'll chime in..........

Bret.

Scott H
06-01-2006, 08:29 PM
I will try to fit them to the touring tomorrow.....I was pretty sure the rear doors are *slightly* different

are the rear door panels of a touring the same as the regular sedans?

Thanks.

Paul L

gtopaul
06-02-2006, 11:38 AM
I will try to fit them to the touring tomorrow.....I was pretty sure the rear doors are *slightly* different

Thanks, let me know. Looking to find a set of 95 door panels to plant into my 92 Touring.

Paul L

Rigmaster
06-02-2006, 05:54 PM
Part numbers are different per realoem.com.

It was Don McAdams who bought those panels from me and put them in his touring----- oh Don.....

Bret.

Scott H
06-02-2006, 07:42 PM
Just have a few more tools and things to clean up in the garage....

Thanks, let me know. Looking to find a set of 95 door panels to plant into my 92 Touring.

Paul L

fukem5
06-03-2006, 04:30 AM
Check out real oem before asking stupid questions

pundit
06-03-2006, 05:00 AM
Check out real oem before asking stupid questions
Is that you?... Again!

fukem5
06-03-2006, 06:03 AM
Anyone have a REAL problem needing solved or wot?

Scott H
06-03-2006, 10:27 AM
It certainly appears as if the rear sedan door panels will fit the tourings and vice-versa.... (we all know the front doors are all the same)

The natur ones are from my old 535 sedan, and the lightsilvergray ones are from my touring. In the last pic, I fit the sedan door panel to the rear door on my touring.

Overlay:
http://www.hersted.org/Door%20Panels/IMG_1404.JPG

Side by Side:
http://www.hersted.org/Door%20Panels/IMG_1405.JPG

Fitted to touring rear door - everything lines up:
http://www.hersted.org/Door%20Panels/IMG_1406.JPG

Just have a few more tools and things to clean up in the garage....

gtopaul
06-04-2006, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=Scott H]It certainly appears as if the rear sedan door panels will fit the tourings and vice-versa.... (we all know the front doors are all the same)

Thanks Scott! I suspected as much and thought the difference was probably a minor trim difference and not anything substantial. For that moron fukem5 who posted above maybe he should realize that realoem.com isn't the gospel according to BMW. A lot of parts will fit other applications if a little research is done.

Paul L

Scott H
06-04-2006, 03:02 PM
are definitely different as the small window is in a slightly different location than the sedan and the little notch doesn't quite line up.

[QUOTE=Scott H]It certainly appears as if the rear sedan door panels will fit the tourings and vice-versa.... (we all know the front doors are all the same)

Thanks Scott! I suspected as much and thought the difference was probably a minor trim difference and not anything substantial. For that moron fukem5 who posted above maybe he should realize that realoem.com isn't the gospel according to BMW. A lot of parts will fit other applications if a little research is done.

Paul L