PDA

View Full Version : Climate control problems

Conecaster
06-01-2006, 10:09 AM
I am working on a friend's 525. It seems obvious from the ac system pressures that the expansion valve is shot. 400 pounds high side at idle seems clear enough. IT does not balance out evenly in pressure when not running as well. I can fix that by replacing the valve and accumulator, you do concur?

The blower volume seems very weak. Its running in the 1-4 positions but the ramp up speed control below 1 is not working, I presume a sword is in order.
On speed 4 the air volume seems more like 2 and there is a jangley sound in the vent. I don't understand this. The AC stays on even if I turn off the switch. I tested it by turning on the heat with the temp dials and switching off the ac, it seems to cool the heater's air to luke warm. The switch does not shut off the AC. I presumed the ac was functing on residual pressue slowly seeping through a bad valve. But with the heat on. It should be hot as hell on a hot summer day in the 90's.

Could you best advise me as to what steps I should take to resolve the problems. Do I need to have the computer codes reset? does it just need a sword? Is there something in the system I'm not familiar with?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

SchnellE34
06-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Could be the sword, have you checked the microfiilter (http://www.nmia.com/%7Edgnrg/page_4.htm)?