PDA

View Full Version : What parts to get...

sirius_GTO
06-01-2006, 12:19 AM
I need a full air intake. Where is the best place to get this at?

I also need new 4 set of tires. I'm looking for low profile all season.

I have a 1995 525i. Is low profile asking for a bit too much?

Thanks guys

Russell
06-01-2006, 02:46 AM
search the archives regarding your questions. There may be answers to your very general questions.

That said, cold air intakes, if that is what you want, are not considered a positve change by many e34 people. Noise only with minimal power change with low filtration levels seems to be the consensus of cold air intakes.

"low profile tires"?? What do you mean; same size wheel or are you planning to go a larger wheel? What size wheels/tire is on your car now? This type of info is helpful for anyone to provide quality answers.

s_ribbens
06-01-2006, 08:22 AM
Yes, more info.

Intake, just search the vendors websites to see what's available. Should be quite a bit for the M50 motor provided it's the same as the E36 in terms of mounting, etc.

What size wheels? If you put low profile tires on your stock 15's then... well, you can figure it out I hope.

sirius_GTO
06-01-2006, 10:16 AM
yes, I was thinking its impossible to put low profiles on my stock 15's. I think I am just going to go to tirerack.com

As for the intake. I am not replacing it for fun, it's because the accordian plastic part is ripped and my intake is sucking in hot air. So I NEED a new FULL one.

Cosmoracing.com is for $125...

worth it guys? thanks a bunch