PDA

View Full Version : ac problem......

525i!
05-31-2006, 08:56 PM
ok on my 525i everything is gravy except for the ac. it simply dosent work. I charged it. it holds strong, the comp. is good. the problem is that the controller has no power to it. so I checked all the fuses for the ac and all of them are fine except fuse number "24" it has no power on either side of it. I used a jumper wire to jump power to it and the ac kicked on and got cold almost instantly but then shut off after about 30 seconds. I checked the fuse and now 24 had poped so I put a new fuse in (7.5) and jumped it again after a couple of seconds it poped again. I know that fuse 24 gets its power from the same relay that powers the blower. but where is this relay and could it possibly be my problem??? I dont know if the blower works without the jumper in place cause the controller dosent work without it. if teh relay is bad is it possible that the blower is getting power by backfeeding to the relay from the jumper? any help would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance.

Tiger
06-01-2006, 08:37 AM
Something is drawing too much power... it is possible your blower is shot. You need to diagnose which item is bad... relay do go bad... but they don't short... they simply don't work. But if blower draw too much power... chances are relay is also burnt.