PDA

View Full Version : A/C compressor replacement

SlowPokey
03-28-2004, 09:45 PM
undefined
Hi all,

My A/C compressor died. Fortunately my brother was a BMW wrench for 25 years so I can get it fixed.

Question: Have any of you replaced your A/C compressor with an aftermarker model/ do you have any recommdations for where to order from?

I have a 93 525i.

Any advice would be apprecitated.

Thanks.

CD

winfred
03-28-2004, 10:32 PM
the factory unit is a nippondenso, if you want the best get a reman from nippondenso, you can not tell the difference from brand new other then the $. theres a lot of crappy remans out there, i've had some that wouldn't out live their one year warranty, my favorite was a 93 325 a few years ago i put 3 compressors on that car before they traded it in, about 8 months was all they would last then the clutch would die or something, i can't remember the company but they painted the compressor black (about 1/3 of the companys paint em black). i have a nip reman sitting on my bench to install on a 97 740il monday (by the way whoever designed the placemant of the expansion valve on a e38 needs to have his balls removed so he can't contaminate the rest of mankind with his inferior engineering genes)

MBXB
03-29-2004, 12:07 AM
Winfred,

Where do you get your remanufactured ND's?

Thanks

Ramon
94 540ia, 140K miles
MBXB

winfred
03-29-2004, 12:10 AM
from our regular supplyer world pac in ca, we get a daily shipment from them

Bill H.
03-29-2004, 09:14 AM
compressor clutch, hopefully, without removing the compressor from the car?

winfred
03-29-2004, 09:40 AM
easy usually, the bitch is finding a cheep clutch

ryan roopnarine
03-29-2004, 10:07 AM
suggest any place that would sell a ac rebuild kit (period) or one to someone without a business license (acceptable).....i thought it was the seikko compressor that was in most e34s...i know somewhere that sells 1 saab seikko kit, as it is nip or bosch as possibilities, i guess i would need another source.

easy usually, the bitch is finding a cheep clutch