PDA

View Full Version : OT : Legal system rant ........

Zeuk in Oz
05-30-2006, 11:11 PM
Just spent 4 days in the Land and Environment Court over a matter where the local Council "compulsorily acquired" (stole) some land from me and refused to compensate me for it, arguing that I was better off without it and with the laneway that they propose to construct.

Details don't matter, however after 4 days we still need another day to finish and the court, the judge and the 2 senior barristers can't find a day when they are all free for the next 8 weeks. And this where my barrister announced to me on day 1 that the case will only go for 1 day as after that I cannot afford him (ha ha) !

I have decided that it must have been lawyers who invented cricket. Start of play at 10, morning tea at 11.30 - noon, lunch from 1.00 to 2.00 and stumps at 4.00 pm. A whole 4.5 hours a day ! Wow !

If I carried on like that, nothing would ever get done !

I wonder how good the judge's long term memory is ?

Sorry for the rant, just frustrated as hell !

PS : Anyone seen the film "The Castle" ?

GJPinAU
05-30-2006, 11:44 PM
Dreamin'
A mate of mine knows this bloke who owns property towards Taree. When they put in the freeway part they cut an "S" section thru his land making it useless. I think it took a couple of years before he was compensated for it.

genphreak
05-30-2006, 11:44 PM
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. A beaurocrat passed in the dead of night you by I expect... took away your freedom. They do this. They feel better for it.
First it was our freedom
Second it was your laneway.
Next it will be our Internet
You have to fight, if you are right;Learn much in your battle, valiant Knight. We will need every last bit of skill as there are bigger battles coming...

Fat pipe, always on, get out of the way. (http://freedom-to-connect.net/)

We have to win together, or we will all hang, separately.

sKilled
05-30-2006, 11:49 PM
Mate, tell 'em their dreamin'. It violates the constitution doesn't it. Crap I gotta go, my flatmate just dug another, and it's filling with water. But no worries, I'm an ideas man...

rob101
05-30-2006, 11:52 PM
mate i know what you mean about the cricket comment
i remember i did jury duty, what a bludge these bastards get to work at 10 am and leave at 4 pm
with lots of breaks.
bloody parasites:(

genphreak
05-30-2006, 11:57 PM
mate i know what you mean about the cricket comment
i remember i did jury duty, what a bludge these bastards get to work at 10 am and leave at 4 pm with lots of breaks. bloody parasites:(Every time I goto Court, I always think, jeez these guys are better actors than politicians.... I mean; one can understand when they have to be accommodating and polite to the Judge, but when the Judge strokes them back it is just waaay too much.

Ever wonder why they can argue with the Judge for the longest time about how best to avoid wasting the Court's time?

Yep, it's Cricket all right. I love that comment...

'Strewth, no wonder the whole world's up the shitter'