PDA

View Full Version : OT: Some advice needed related to bmw's

pyro
05-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Ok... So me and my firends were hanging out and this kid wanted to hang out with us. (he was a real dick) So he started folowing us back to my firend (lets call him bob) bob's house. Bob said that he didn't want that kid at his house so i should try and lose him on the freeway. so i weaved a little to put some space between us. At this time he got right on my ass and that was uncomfterbal. BTW hes driveing a little honda civic. So i get off on this old ass twisty road and think well ill try to lose him in the twistys. That didn't work so I went to a naborhood that i knew and put a few quick turns in. One turn i took a little fast and got slight tire scrubbing. He was going way to fast for the honda to handle and panic and slamd on the brakes. Understeering into a curb and then into somoenes brick wall. I saw that happen and got out really quick. Im just wondering am i at fault at all? Because someone told me that the police were looking for a red bmw... So im not so shure. Yah i know its kinda dumb but What was i suppost to do?

632 Regal
05-30-2006, 01:04 PM
remain clueless and edit your post as to NOT incrimane you.

Felixdacat
05-30-2006, 01:06 PM
Is the guy ok? also you should have told him in a polite way that he was not welcome. He should have known that his car wouldn't handle the turn. Also if he didn't know you guys didn't want hime to hang out, he was only trying to keep up so he wouldn't loose you. This is a sticky situation. Good luck, and would like to know the outcome.

trumpetr
05-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Ok... So me and my firends were hanging out and this kid wanted to hang out with us. (he was a real dick) So he started folowing us back to my firend (lets call him bob) bob's house. Bob said that he didn't want that kid at his house so i should try and lose him on the freeway. So I went like 80 weaveing a little to put some space between us. At this time he got right on my ass and that was uncomfterbal. BTW hes driveing a little honda civic. So i get off on this old ass twisty road and think well ill try to lose him in the twistys. That didn't work so I went to a naborhood that i knew and put a few quick turns in. One turn i took a little fast and got slight tire scrubbing. He was going way to fast for the honda to handle and panic and slamd on the brakes. Understeering into a curb and then into somoenes brick wall. I saw that happen and got out really quick. Im just wondering am i at fault at all? Because someone told me that the police were looking for a red bmw... So im not so shure. Yah i know its kinda dumb but What was i suppost to do?

You could have just said, "dude, youre a d*ck, and we dont want you around." What you engaged in, is street racing, and thats how kids get killed wrapping their cars around utility poles or going head on into an innocent other driver, when they outdrive the ability of the car, or the driver.
Since it sounds like it was property damage, they probably wont come looking for you. However, if someone were seriously injured, or killed in this type of an incident, you can bet they will be looking for the driver of the 'red BMW'.

Chalk this one up to a 'near miss', in your book of life experiences, learn from it, and dont try to outrun someone who is on your ass. The next time could involve an obituary, and some really painful telephone calls to parents.

Be safe, have fun, and keep yer head about ya.

Ricers street race. E34 owners go to a track, to race.

pyro
05-30-2006, 06:14 PM
No it has already been writen in the book! We calld them and said we don't want you go the f#ck away, before this whole thing happend..

632 Regal
05-30-2006, 07:10 PM
you have some tight friends that will do anything to hang out with you then.

Blitzkrieg Bob
05-30-2006, 07:18 PM
Got him drunk...passed out

Shave his eye brows

paint his car with a broom and house paint

take him down town and hand cuff him naked to a telephone pole.

Next weekend call him, and ask him if he wants come over and hang again....it was loads of fun...

Gayle
05-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Karl

Learn from it but don't worry or feel bad. Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment.

But of course, none of the other people posting here had to go through that.;)

stupid things to look back on and laugh (thank god we are alive) (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=21969)