PDA

View Full Version : howsabout these wheels?

wingman
05-29-2006, 06:48 PM
Another wingman wheel post. I saw these yesterday on an E38 and reckon that they look great. I was wondering whether anyone has a good photo of them (Shogun???) that I could use to photoshop them onto my car to see how they look.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=GF41&mospid=47513&btnr=36_0381&hg=36&fg=15

ericcamaro
05-29-2006, 07:11 PM
thats a horrible pic, please post an actual pic to photochop.

GJPinAU
05-29-2006, 08:26 PM
Another wingman wheel post. I saw these yesterday on an E38 and reckon that they look great. I was wondering whether anyone has a good photo of them (Shogun???) that I could use to photoshop them onto my car to see how they look.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=GF41&mospid=47513&btnr=36_0381&hg=36&fg=15
Mate, if you're gunna get new wheels at least get 17s. A set of M-Pars would look the ducksnuts on your car.

wingman
05-29-2006, 09:00 PM
thats a horrible pic, please post an actual pic to photochop.

That's the reason for my post! I can't find a pic so I was asking you guys if you had one.

wingman
05-29-2006, 09:01 PM
Mate, if you're gunna get new wheels at least get 17s. A set of M-Pars would look the ducksnuts on your car.

I see your point but I don't want to get too far away from the original look of the car. 16" wheels in 1989 were HUGE, 17" almost unheard of on this type of car.

wjbell
05-29-2006, 09:03 PM
I found this:

http://maisenhelder.com/bmw/Pictures/BMW%20Wheels/bmw_wheel_060.jpg

wingman
05-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Thanks but nothing is coming up. I'll try at home on the mac.

Alexlind123
05-29-2006, 09:10 PM
Get M-Pars. You will never regret it.

Rustam
05-29-2006, 09:10 PM

I have these wheels and they look splendid. I find them very tasteful, not showy, and very matching to the rest of the appearance of my car. They give somewhat agressive but yet civilized look.

I wanted to recommend these to you. But. I had recently spent some time under the car and found the rims bend at the inner rim. My car spends long times in parking since I generally use something else, so I really cannot tell whether the rims were bent due to road deformations or long times resting on same spots. I don't recall hitting bumps so harshly.

The rims are not egg shaped so I like to imagine that the bends were from driving. The deformations span 4-5 inches along circumference.

I can take a shot of my car so that you can see how they look if you are still intersted.

The picture below does not do good justice since the tire diameter is larger.

http://www.bmwnation.com/images/gallery/7/e38/e38_740il_01_s.jpg

wingman
05-29-2006, 09:14 PM
That would be great. Not good news about the deformations though:(

Rustam
05-29-2006, 09:22 PM
That would be great. Not good news about the deformations though:(

I am living with them. I new nothing of them before I saw - the ride quality is fine. Incidentally they hold the air well too.

Nick.Hay
05-30-2006, 01:46 AM
Although quite over done...

E39 M5 wheels look GREAT on E28s!!!

Rustam
05-30-2006, 03:20 PM

I took a picture of my car for you:
Tell me if you would like to see more...
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzerdcib/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/style_60.jpg

E34 530
05-30-2006, 04:23 PM
I almost bought an e34 530 w/ the 7 series wheels you posted. They looked alright, but a little bland for my taste. Not bad though in any means.

Rustam
05-30-2006, 04:31 PM
I almost bought an e34 530 w/ the 7 series wheels you posted. They looked alright, but a little bland for my taste. Not bad though in any means.

Thank you for the comment, e34 530. However, I was not asking for a critique...

E34 530
05-30-2006, 04:47 PM

wtf are you talking about? I was talking to the OP.

Rustam
05-30-2006, 06:12 PM
wtf are you talking about? I was talking to the OP.

Then you should not have replied to my message. What do you expect me to think if I see you directly replying to my message? Looks like you were talking to me...
If you want to address the OP reply to his message not mine. You're the one who did not make it clear.
Absurd.

Switch to threaded mode and take a good look at what's happening:

E34 530
05-30-2006, 06:26 PM
Then you should not have replied to my message. What do you expect me to think if I see you directly replying to my message? Looks like you were talking to me...
If you want to address the OP reply to his message not mine. You're the one who did not make it clear.
Absurd.

Switch to threaded mode and take a good look at what's happening:

Go to bathroom, open cabinet, remove tube of vagisil, gently cleanse the sand away.
Just because I responded directly under you response doesn't mean I was commenting on your reply. I would have quoted it if I was talking to you.

Rustam
05-30-2006, 06:30 PM
Go to bathroom, open cabinet, remove tube of vagisil, gently cleanse the sand away.
Just because I responded directly under you response doesn't mean I was commenting on your reply. I would have quoted it if I was talking to you.

Vagisil?

Its quite obvious that you are angered, I am sorry - you gave me no indication that you were talking to Wingman. On contrary - you've succeeded at making it look like you were replying to me as clearly shown just above.

What does that little button on the right lower corner say? Says "reply"...

Jon K
05-30-2006, 06:32 PM

Dude - you're an idiot.

Jon K
05-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Vagisil?

Its quite obvious that you are angered, I am sorry - you gave me no indication that you were talking to Wingman. On contrary - you've succeeded at making it look like you were replying to me as clearly shown just above.

What does that little button on the right lower corner say? Says "reply"...

He had every indication - it's called replying to WINGMANS thread. You don't own the earth - in fact I am sure most of the population would vote you off of it. "If you switch to threaded view..." switch your computer to off and please just stfu.

"reply"! EXACTLY! Reply to thread! Notice how he didn't hit "QUOTE" on your stupid post. Good lord...

And if I read that correctly.. you can lecture us all on thermal dynamics but you actually said "I am not sure if they are bent because I hit bumps or because they've been resting in the same spot." Wow - let me be the one to go ahead and answer that... you hit bumps. Now my question about coil switched +12v source isn't so retarded, now is it?

E34 530
05-30-2006, 06:40 PM
You know Jon K you better keep you bitching in check - you don't want me to find you and break your face - because you will be very unhappy...

3rd grade schoolground threat... Yeah ummmm well, I'll meet you at the flagpole at 3:30 after recess.

Rustam
05-30-2006, 06:41 PM
He had every indication - it's called replying to WINGMANS thread. You don't own the earth - in fact I am sure most of the population would vote you off of it. "If you switch to threaded view..." switch your computer to off and please just stfu.

"reply"! EXACTLY! Reply to thread! Notice how he didn't hit "QUOTE" on your stupid post. Good lord...

And if I read that correctly.. you can lecture us all on thermal dynamics but you actually said "I am not sure if they are bent because I hit bumps or because they've been resting in the same spot." Wow - let me be the one to go ahead and answer that... you hit bumps. Now my question about coil switched +12v source isn't so retarded, now is it?

oh please this is pathetic...

Jon K
05-30-2006, 06:48 PM
Sorry, I've kept it to myself for the longest time - but no longer. His goal is essentially to bust every persons balls on here. I have honestly seen nothing contributed by him other than some mis-informed information regarding efficiency of intercooling and mockery of others peoples questions to which he doesn't even understand himself!

In the past 24 hrs - and believe me I have not even been looking hard - he came into a thread of mine where I was asking someone who knows what the hell they're talking about whether or not modern M50 is allowed to have 12v without frying coils... unlike some old distributed ignition systems. Never did I ask him to come in - I didn't address him, I didn't allude to him - I didn't even have him in the back of my mind yet he replies with:

Rustam has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - M50 coils, main relay or fuel pump relay? - in the 5 Series BMW forum of Bimmer.Info Forums.

Here is the message that has just been posted:
How about looking at the wiring there Jon?

And he calls me "ridiculous"...
Pathetic.

(To which he has no DELETED his post... embarassed? I'd put money on it)

Then, in another thread I just browsed Wingman is asking about some wheels. People comment on the wheels - Wingman WAS asking for input from the board...

E34 530 (Andrew) replies with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E34 530

"I almost bought an e34 530 w/ the 7 series wheels you posted. They looked alright, but a little bland for my taste. Not bad though in any means."

perfectly fine - nothing toward ANY memeber in the board and even if it was (which it was not) it said "Not bad though in any means".

Rustam was rubbed the wrong way by that one and replies with

"Thank you for the comment, e34 530. However, I was not asking for a critique..."

and goes on to say that Andrew replied to him specifically because Rustam views the forum in threaded view and therefore Andrew must also - and by Andrew clicking "reply" he was commenting @ Rustam and that was "uncalled for". What the hell is this ****?!

It may seem juvenile but if you've seen the **** that Rustam starts I think you would understand.

After I explain to Rustam that not everyone views the thread in 1941 mode, he goes on to threaten me by saying:

You know Jon K you better keep you bitching in check - you don't want me to find you and break your face - because you will be very unhappy...

Yeah that's about all I have to say about this matter - I just want to make it apparent that there are members on this forum that have been around much longer than said person, ask nothing of him, address nothing to him, and he attacks them. Such a welcoming community - if you ever met Andrew in person you 'd know he's a real quiet guy and never says anything out of line to anyone, so Rustam, when you're done threatening people maybe you could go ahead and apologize for your ridiculousness.

Thanks

Rustam
05-30-2006, 06:49 PM

I never said that your question about coil switching was retarded.
And thermal dynamics has nothing to do with shear and strain dont you assume that ability to talk about one necessitates ability to talk about the other they are two different things. So your coil question was not retarded - but the line of your logic expressed here, and in previous posts that I had encountered is definitely quite retarded. Your attention span is obviously not long enough to make sense out of what I write.

Jon K
05-30-2006, 06:51 PM
I never said that your question about coil switching was retarded.
And thermal dynamics has nothing to do with shear and strain dont you assume that ability to talk about one necessitates ability to talk about the other they are two different things. So your coil question was not retarded - but the line of your logic expressed here, and in previous posts that I had encountered is definitely quite retarded. Your attention span is obviously not long enough to make sense out of what I write.

You're right, you lose me at "The reason you don't get what I'm saying is blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah ... you're wrong you have no idea what you're talking about."

Rustam
05-30-2006, 06:52 PM
Sorry, I've kept it to myself for the longest time - but no longer. His goal is essentially to bust every persons balls on here. I have honestly seen nothing contributed by him other than some mis-informed information regarding efficiency of intercooling and mockery of others peoples questions to which he doesn't even understand himself!

In the past 24 hrs - and believe me I have not even been looking hard - he came into a thread of mine where I was asking someone who knows what the hell they're talking about whether or not modern M50 is allowed to have 12v without frying coils... unlike some old distributed ignition systems. Never did I ask him to come in - I didn't address him, I didn't allude to him - I didn't even have him in the back of my mind yet he replies with:

Rustam has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - M50 coils, main relay or fuel pump relay? - in the 5 Series BMW forum of Bimmer.Info Forums.

Pathetic.

Then, in another thread I just browsed Wingman is asking about some wheels. People comment on the wheels - Wingman WAS asking for input from the board...

Quote:

"I almost bought an e34 530 w/ the 7 series wheels you posted. They looked alright, but a little bland for my taste. Not bad though in any means."

perfectly fine - nothing toward ANY memeber in the board and even if it was (which it was not) it said "Not bad though in any means".

"Thank you for the comment, e34 530. However, I was not asking for a critique..."

and goes on to say that Andrew replied to him specifically because Rustam views the forum in threaded view and therefore Andrew must also - and by Andrew clicking "reply" he was commenting @ Rustam and that was "uncalled for". What the hell is this ****?!

It may seem juvenile but if you've seen the **** that Rustam starts I think you would understand.

After I explain to Rustam that not everyone views the thread in 1941 mode, he goes on to threaten me by saying:

Yeah that's about all I have to say about this matter - I just want to make it apparent that there are members on this forum that have been around much longer than said person, ask nothing of him, address nothing to him, and he attacks them. Such a welcoming community - if you ever met Andrew in person you 'd know he's a real quiet guy and never says anything out of line to anyone, so Rustam, when you're done threatening people maybe you could go ahead and apologize for your ridiculousness.

Thanks

I deleted that post because I found it inflammatory and thought second time - I did not want to pester you and desided to remove it Jon K. I removed the post because I realized that I made a mistake by posting such a thing, not becasue I got embarassed! I did not want to incite which I realized the post would do!!! You have one track mind and too fast to make a judgement...

Your attempt at stimulation of my resignation is in vain. I had perfect right under the circumstances to reply to E34 530 the way I did.

You can bet all money you like on me being embarassed by my own post and you can entertain that idea all you like however - that is not the reason I deleted it.

E34 530
05-30-2006, 06:56 PM
Thanks for clarifying that Jon. I would definetley help you out with the questions you ask, but most of the time they're complicated and half of the time I don't know what the hell I'm doing so that's why I wouldn't want to give you false info.

Jon K
05-30-2006, 06:59 PM
I deleted that post because I found it inflammatory and thought second time - I did not want to pester you and desided to remove it Jon K. I removed the post because I realized that I made a mistake by posting such a thing, not becasue I got embarassed! I did not want to incite which I realized the post would do!!! You have one track mind and too fast to make a judgement...

Your attempt at stimulation of my resignation is in vain. I had perfect right under the circumstances to reply to E34 530 the way I did.

You can bet all money you like on me being embarassed by my own post and you can entertain that idea all you like however - that is not the reason I deleted it.

You removed the post because it was 1) ridiculous 2) didn't have ANYTHING to do with ANYTHING about you 3) You had no useful information and it was just a flame. So yeah, you removed it because you were embarassed that you had posted something with such obvious intent and thought "A quick, I better take that down." The funny part is that first you posted what I quoted, then you EDITTED it to "Jon doesn't find the wiring schematics to be enough...." (which is still a zinger) to full out deleting it. Ok.

Rustam
05-30-2006, 07:01 PM

Pathetic.

Quote:

Thanks

You want me to apologize for "my ridiculousless" in the face of the fact that you have stepped in out of the blue in this incident with e34 530 and insulted me out of the blue by saying "dude you are an idiot"?

Its funny that you mention that I had threatened you but failed to show that you happened to indercede for no reason and insult me to begin with...

Have I ever insulted you Jon K? Called you an idiot? Or said that you were ridiculous? Told you to STFU perhaps? No. You pester me wuith your insult and find it funny that I reply threatening you and then have impudence to demand my apology?

Sorry - you have acted like garbage. You have interceded with insults and pestered me in this thread.

Rustam
05-30-2006, 07:04 PM
Thanks

Absurd...

525i!
05-30-2006, 07:04 PM

Oh **** get down! He's gonna bust a caps lock in your ass!

Jon K
05-30-2006, 07:05 PM
You want me to apologize for "my ridiculousless" in the face of the fact that you have stepped in out of the blue in this incident with e34 530 and insulted me out of the blue by saying "dude you are an idiot"?

Its funny that you mention that I had threatened you but failed to show that you happened to indercede for no reason and insult me to begin with...

Have I ever insulted you Jon K? Called you an idiot? Or said that you were ridiculous? Told you to STFU perhaps? No. You pester me wuith your insult and find it funny that I reply threatening you and then have impudence to demand my apology?

Sorry - you have acted like garbage. You have interceded with insults and pestered me in this thread.

I don't want to see you do anything other than stop being such an ass to people who are not even TALKING to you. My question about coils had nothign to do with you - you don't even have experience with an M50 motor - you have NOTHING to offer... yet you felt it necessary, again, to come in and throw some ridiculous post down.. STOP.

It's not that hard - i have been on here for YEARS without ever having a single issue and you come along and all of a sudden "Ohhhh Jon K says bad things" wtf. Get it out of your system or just get out.

Rustam
05-30-2006, 07:07 PM
You removed the post because it was 1) ridiculous 2) didn't have ANYTHING to do with ANYTHING about you 3) You had no useful information and it was just a flame. So yeah, you removed it because you were embarassed that you had posted something with such obvious intent and thought "A quick, I better take that down." The funny part is that first you posted what I quoted, then you EDITTED it to "Jon doesn't find the wiring schematics to be enough...." (which is still a zinger) to full out deleting it. Ok.

You have wild imagination Jon.
I have nothing to add to what I said - I took edited the comment because it was inflammatory and I thought you would not appreciate that.

Whether you believe it or not - your choice.

And your attempt to discredit me is in vain.

Jon K
05-30-2006, 07:09 PM
You have wild imagination Jon.
I have nothing to add to what I said - I took edited the comment because it was inflammatory and I thought you would not appreciate that.

Whether you believe it or not - your choice.

And your attempt to discredit me is in vain.

You took down an offensive comment because you thought it might bother me... LOL uhhhh ok? So, how is that making things alright exactly? You changed from one attack, to another, and then removed it all together why? Because you were interested in my feelings on the matter? Uh huh... right.

Rustam
05-30-2006, 07:13 PM
I don't want to see you do anything other than stop being such an ass to people who are not even TALKING to you.

I dont care what you want and I will not act as per your wish. What you want is none of my concern don't assume that I will suddenly start satisfying you in what you want.

My question about coils had nothign to do with you -

Your question with coils hgad to do with electrics which I could have covered as well as Javier did.

you don't even have experience with an M50 motor - you have NOTHING to offer...

How do you know if I have experience with m50 motor or not? Can you prove it?
The fact that you find necessary to mention m50 in the question about electrics shows that you don't know what you re talking about yourself...

It's not that hard - i have been on here for YEARS without ever having a single issue and you come along and all of a sudden "Ohhhh Jon K says bad things" wtf. Get it out of your system or just get out.

I am not the one who insulted you - you insulted me on few occasions.

Jon K
05-30-2006, 07:15 PM
How do you know if I have experience with m50 motor or not? Can you prove it?
The fact that you find necessary to mention m50 in the question about electrics shows that you don't know what you re talking about yourself...

Uh the fact that I mentioned M50 means its a Bosch Motronic 3.1, which you have no experience with OBVIOUSLY. The DME handles the initiation of coils differently. So yeah, it uh, does matter... yeah I wouldn't know anything about "electrics" (electronics?) I only build ECUs

I am no longer replying to you - it's a waste of time and each keystroke I waste with you puts me one step closer to carpel tunnel. Cya bye.

Apologize to Andrew.

Rustam
05-30-2006, 07:16 PM
You took down an offensive comment because you thought it might bother me... LOL uhhhh ok? So, how is that making things alright exactly? You changed from one attack, to another, and then removed it all together why? Because you were interested in my feelings on the matter? Uh huh... right.

The final removal was accidental - I typed over my own words in reply to your idiotic "bite me" comment...
You have a one track mind Jon K.

Rustam
05-30-2006, 07:17 PM
Apologize to Andrew.

Mind your own business...

Jon K
05-30-2006, 07:18 PM
So anyway - now that that's over -

Those rims are ok - I personally wouldn't use them just because they're somewhat bland like Andrew said and in addition are only 16". These is great if you like to putt around town but if you want any sort of rigidity in the sidewall you need to get to 17". They also look a little more modern than the E34 was intended for yet are not a "aftermarket" looking wheel... its kind of a 1/2 here 1/2 there situation. But they are not bad and do end up looking OEM on the E34. If you get a good price go for it. Just remember they're not hubcentric.

E34 530
05-30-2006, 07:20 PM
So anyway - now that that's over -

Those rims are ok - I personally wouldn't use them just because they're somewhat bland like Andrew said and in addition are only 16". These is great if you like to putt around town but if you want any sort of rigidity in the sidewall you need to get to 17". They also look a little more modern than the E34 was intended for yet are not a "aftermarket" looking wheel... its kind of a 1/2 here 1/2 there situation. But they are not bad and do end up looking OEM on the E34. If you get a good price go for it. Just remember they're not hubcentric.

Nailed it. They also kinda remind me of the e60 525i base wheels.

Rustam
05-30-2006, 07:21 PM
How about commenting on the fact that you have interceeded by telling me "dude you are an idiot"? What are you going to say for yourself? You're the one who started this garbage here. Why judge the way I behave - why don;t you judge yourslef. You want me to appologize to Andrew for nothing in tha face of the fact that you have came in and insulted me yourself?
You act like garbage.
And your act is garbage...

He is not replying to me - well I am glad - you never replied to me anyway, you just typed and typed more gibberish stuff on an idiotic impulse of some stupid indignation...

632 Regal
05-30-2006, 07:22 PM
I like Rustam... he never got into my ******** and I know I gave him some reason, I mean I give everyone reason... Rustams cool in my book.

Rustam
05-30-2006, 07:23 PM
I like Rustam... he never got into my ******** and I know I gave him some reason, I mean I give everyone reason... Rustams cool in my book.

Thank you Regal I appreciate that.

Rustam
05-30-2006, 07:27 PM
I am no longer replying to you

You never replied to me - your attention span is too limited to extract sense from my words...
As soon as an idea clicks in your head you go on typing sure of credibility of what you re seeing in your mind. You are totally incapable of having a degree of self doubt. Another words you are simply an immature person. No wonder - you are only 21!

E34 530
05-30-2006, 07:29 PM
You never replied to me - your attention span is too limited to extract sense from my words...
As soon as an idea clicks in your head you go on typing sure of credibility of what you re seeing in your mind. You are totally incapable of having a degree of self doubt. Another words you are simply an immature person. No wonder - you are only 21!

Only 21??? Are you kidding?? Look at his car, job, and his ability to do all the work himself on car that isn't often turbo/super charged. not sure about you, but for 21, I'd say he's doing damn fine. If I was able to do half the **** he's able to do by the time I reach 21 I'd be happy.

525i!
05-30-2006, 07:30 PM

dude I havent really had to deal with you yet, but you do seem to be a bit of a sanctimonious bitch. maybe I'm wrong though, first impressions arnt always right on

Rustam
05-30-2006, 07:32 PM
And as far as the question on coils goes - yes - it was retarded. Go to your bathroom library and pick out Bentley's manual. The schematics clearly show where the primary gets the potential from.
Much like the question on CDI was retarded - and again at a loss to consult your bathroom library - the schematics clearly show no capacitors. So you have put an electronics box for engine control - but problem is that you don't even have a clue of what capacitor is or how it looks like apparently. Nor do you have a clue as to how to use simple schematics in your manual.
All you have is rubbish capability of charging like a ram into conclusions with your limited logic.

Rustam
05-30-2006, 07:34 PM
Only 21??? Are you kidding?? Look at his car, job, and his ability to do all the work himself on car that isn't often turbo/super charged. not sure about you, but for 21, I'd say he's doing damn fine. If I was able to do half the **** he's able to do by the time I reach 21 I'd be happy.

Thats not what mattered in my reply. I was commenting on his being immature...

Rustam
05-30-2006, 07:35 PM
dude I havent really had to deal with you yet, but you do seem to be a bit of a sanctimonious bitch. maybe I'm wrong though, first impressions arnt always right on

so do you...

525i!
05-30-2006, 07:36 PM
so do you...

I probably am. oh well

Jon K
05-30-2006, 07:38 PM
And as far as the question on coils goes - yes - it was retarded. Go to your bathroom library and pick out Bentley's manual. The schematics clearly show where the primary gets the potential from.
Much like the question on CDI was retarded - and again at a loss to consult your bathroom library - the schematics clearly show no capacitors. So you have put an electronics box for engine control - but problem is that you don't even have a clue of what capacitor is or how it looks like apparently. Nor do you have a clue as to how to use simple schematics in your manual.
All you have is rubbish capability of charging like a ram into conclusions with your limited logic.

Last post to Rustam ever... brace yourself Rustam here it comes:

First the post isnt retarded, now it is, now it isn't... are you female?

Anyway you're right, there aren't any capacitors in the coils. You are absolutely correct on that. THE QUESTION WAS ABOUT TRANSISTORS! So, before you come gun slinging pull your head out of your ass - EVERY COIL ON PLUG IVE DEALT WITH THUS FAR (6 units of different makes, yeah I'm 21 do I get extra cookies for that experience?) have had transistors inside the coil pack whereas ECU does not control dwell. So you're are completely 100% absolutely perfectly factually correct in saying there are no capacitors in the coils.... thank you holy Rustam for that bit of insight... now I can sleep at night.

Reading Comprehension 101 ... N/A.

Oh and to be consistant - I have replied to you... because you know, in threaded mode...and all....hahaha loser you bit your own logic.

Rustam
05-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Last post to Rustam ever... brace yourself Rustam here it comes:

First the post isnt retarded, now it is, now it isn't... are you female?

Anyway you're right, there aren't any capacitors in the coils. You are absolutely correct on that. THE QUESTION WAS ABOUT TRANSISTORS! So, before you come gun slinging pull your head out of your ass - EVERY COIL ON PLUG IVE DEALT WITH THUS FAR (6 units of different makes, yeah I'm 21 do I get extra cookies for that experience?) have had transistors inside the coil pack whereas ECU does not control dwell. So you're are completely 100% absolutely perfectly factually correct in saying there are no capacitors in the coils.... thank you holy Rustam for that bit of insight... now I can sleep at night.

Reading Comprehension 101 ... N/A.

Sorry Jon K asking whether the ignition is CDI or Kettering type addresses the presence of capacitors in the circuit. Maybe you meant to make it about transistors by saying CDI? Well - CDI capacitive discharge ignition - does not necessarily assume presence of transistiors.

I've braced myself Jon K, but got no storm.

The question "does m50 have CDI or Kettering ignition?" does not necessarily address presence of transistors. Perhaps you like saying "A" meaning "B"? Well in that case the one who should pull his head out of his ass is you Jon K...

Oh and to be consistant - I have replied to you... because you know, in threaded mode...and all....hahaha loser you bit your own logic.

Amusing yourself Jon K?

consistEnt... <- before commenting on reading comprehension get some basic education for yourself

632 Regal
05-30-2006, 08:00 PM
I had much more money and resources at 21 than I do now. I was able to pull off the impossible and now I'm much less than the norm. Enjoy while you can because someday **** might happen and whipe a 300,000 dollar grin right off your face.

angrypancake
05-30-2006, 08:14 PM

ill be happy just making it to 21.

Rustam
05-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Wingman is going to log in and not recognize this thread...

SharkmanBMW
05-30-2006, 09:06 PM

Jon, you saved me typing this out... LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't sure if wheel wasbent from parking in the same spot too long?
holy cow! I won't take any advice from that guy!

Jon K
05-30-2006, 09:08 PM

And to think our M6 has been sitting on 18" Breytons for 2 months now.

Rustam
05-30-2006, 09:09 PM

Suit yourself Sharkman... I am sure plenty find you just as incredible in fields you have little experience with. Question is would you appreciate being ignored over something you do now just because you don't happen to know something else...

Rustam
05-30-2006, 09:11 PM
And to think our M6 has been sitting on 18" Breytons for 2 months now.

Were they made of same metal alloy?
If there is a possiblity that they were not - save your ignorant thought...

SharkmanBMW
05-30-2006, 09:27 PM
Suit yourself Sharkman... I am sure plenty find you just as incredible in fields you have little experience with. Question is would you appreciate being ignored over something you do now just because you don't happen to know something else...

But I don't offer help or opinions when I don't have the answers, would I appreciate being ignored??? aren't I?!?!?!:p

ANYWAYS... The point Jon was making was that you uninvitedly involved yourself - which is fine on a forum- but then bitched at Andrew, who said NOTHING directly to you, but to Wingman. - That was your mistake by not reading the forum properly... he did not reply to you in any way.

I just read the thread from a-z... at the moment, you look like you are trying hard not to look silly, but replying to every post and fighting with a long standing member like Jon is not going to get you anywhere..... chillax, have a drink, or some warm milk like Zeuk in Oz does!
You don't want to end up like the famous UKM5!:p

Rustam
05-30-2006, 09:41 PM
The point Jon was making was that you uninvitedly involved yourself - which is fine- but then bitched at Andrew, who said NOTHING directly to you, but to Wingman.

I just read the thread from a-z... at the moment, you look like you are trying hard not to look silly, but replying to every post and fighting with a long standing member like Jon is not going to get you anywhere..... chillax, have a drink, or some warm milk like Zeuk in Oz does!
You don't want to end up like the famous UKM5!:p

hahaha...
your view of my act is pretty pathetic.
and quite unfounded!

Do you really think that there is so little in my life that I find so necessary to try very hard to impress people on an internet board to think that I am a very nice person? People whom I never saw and very possibly will never see again? People who have zero consequence in my life? This is a very gloomy perspective Sharkman!

I would not be surprized to see you try clenching me the way you tried with UKM5. I must tell you in reply that in many of his responds to you he was very reasonable... And I looked at a few, not from A to Z, but deep enough.

P.S. Famous UKM5 did not "end up" - he simply left because of getting angry to the point of being fed up with nonsense. There were plenty who still appreciated his commentary. In essense his act of leaving was chidish. I will not leave so long as I know that my commentary is and can be appreciated.

Don't you assume that ening up like UKM5 will make me feel bad. I already mentioned that I will not feel at loss realizing that I am dealing wioth people who do not appreciate me. And I will not feel at loss by being outside this board at all. The matter is about e34 - and the answers are in the car to begin with not in this board. This board is not more important to me than my car. So I can very well, and very delightfully lead my life experience with or without the board - don't imagine that I would be at loss and certainly cease the mention of its threat...

SharkmanBMW
05-30-2006, 10:00 PM
for the record, I rarely read all the words in your posts... there are far too many for my simple mind....

I based my judgement of your "act" on the fact that you are replying to every post immediately like you were waiting with your finger on the keyboard., It does look sad at the moment, hence, I suggested you take a break.

UKM5 is a complete fool, arrogant, ignorant and far worse, he would antagonise and sling **** all over. He is still around, he came back under another name, and did it on a lesser degree. Even the username UKM5 himself returned last week.
If you thought he was doing no wrong, you are sadly mistaken, and it says something about you.
Either you didn't read the threads a-z like you should have before commenting, OR you are that person that you are making yourself out to be!

All my previous comments were containing some humour, some good nature, you are too caught up in this at the moment, let it go!!
NO ONE REALLY CARES!

Rustam
05-30-2006, 10:01 PM
That was your mistake by not reading the forum properly... he did not reply to you in any way.

Sharkman can you please explain how I made a mistake by assuming that he did reply to me?

When I see this picture to me it shows that e34 530 is replying to me. Can you please explain how I am wrong at seing the little line extend from my name and to his in an assumption that he is directing his words at me? Please SharkMan explain it - I really don't see how I made a mistake:

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3032&stc=1&d=1149031417

Jon K
05-30-2006, 10:04 PM
for the record, I rarely read all the words in your posts... there are far too many for my simple mind....

NO ONE REALLY CARES!

Sharkman -

I cannot see what is being said but I obviously share your thoughts but like me, you should accept that you are in the early stages of an argument that you CAN NOT win. No amount of evidence or quotation or logic will change someone. I'd just find another thread and post there :)

Rustam
05-30-2006, 10:12 PM
All my previous comments were containing some humour, some good nature, you are too caught up in this at the moment, let it go!!
NO ONE REALLY CARES!

Well SharkMan, if you don't care then don't communicate with me. On contrary if you find necessary to communicate with me then I find a desire for expression in you. And that is exactly what you had.

And then if you find far too many words in my messages for your simple mind - then you should not engage into judgement about my attitude - because you potentially fail to see my mind behind it...

You have to realize that I am just as entitled to my opinion as you are, and if you find necessary to express yours then you should be just as able to find the necessity for me to express mine.

Rustam
05-30-2006, 10:16 PM
No amount of evidence or quotation or logic will change someone. I'd just find another thread and post there :)

I quoted you calling me an idiot and there was evidence - somehow you've failed to take that reasonably!

wingman
05-31-2006, 10:44 PM
um thanks for your opinions guys. I've been advised not to ask an opinion on tyres...:(

Alexlind123
05-31-2006, 11:31 PM
um thanks for your opinions guys. I've been advised not to ask an opinion on tyres...:(

LOL

SC David
05-31-2006, 11:57 PM
Just don't get those ones that bend your rims while you car sits in one place for a while.