PDA

View Full Version : Louis Vuitton E34?????

clhorton
05-28-2006, 02:44 PM
Oh man this is crazy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-5-Series-E34-M20-Custom-BMW-E34-M20-Dinan_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6008QQitemZ464279 1868QQrdZ1

onewhippedpuppy
05-28-2006, 02:54 PM
The phrases on it are horribly gay, are is the custom fabric. And 260 HP from an M20?! That's what the Metric Mechanic M30s are supposed to make. M gills are tacky, the ride height looks funny, blah.

Alexlind123
05-28-2006, 03:30 PM
At least it looks like it in decent shape...

angrypancake
05-28-2006, 03:58 PM
$7300 to find out who your daddy is.....

Lennyz525i
05-28-2006, 04:32 PM
http://i20.ebayimg.com/04/i/07/32/85/eb_12_sb.JPG

It's a official, a gay e34...

Nick.Hay
05-28-2006, 09:46 PM
I think this guy owns it...
Love me, Love my car... (http://www.callme.nm.ru/schild.swf?namee=buy my car)

Speeder 553
05-28-2006, 09:58 PM
What the F$*K!!! :(

genphreak
05-28-2006, 10:16 PM
:D Dinan will stop putting their name on aftermarket parts when they see this... man, it'd cost a lot to bring that 'back to scratch', its already over the edge.

Buy it only if cheap enough to part it.

These fikkin in-car video screens bug me. They cry out 'Wanker, Pervert, Paedophile if the word's 'Who's yo Daddy' are painted on the seat'

So can someone, anyone, please explain to me...

WTF have screens, playstations and entertainment **** in the back of the car? They just weight more and look silly and invite theives. If I have passengers I want them paying attention (and hanging on appropriately- I don't take well to them loosing hold of possessions or otherwise flopping around the interior and upsetting the delicate balance I am trying to maintain on the tyres as we negotiate corners at optimum speeds), not playing games'n ****... 4 Christs' sake!

and whilst we're on it, why do people stick screen in front of the dash-vents? This also says; 'yeah, k, I know you know I'm stupid cos I don't care where you see me put this useless toy and think- '**** dude, that will cook in the sun, freeze in the AC but above all won't last long enough to do either in front of the theives around here.' uh-oh, that's done it. I can feel it...

** Start of RANT **
And why stick GPS screens on the windscreen directly in the way of one's field of view? Cos the map is more important than the road? Cos you don't know which way to go? Cos you think you always need to be told? Cos you don't care about the kid under the bumper when you're turning? When the @*k are people going to wake up and stop this stupid **** going on. OK a car PC is cool, but not unless its properly installed and configured with meaningful software and connectivity- ie: NO bling frills.

I am actually the kind that dislikes laws, but seriously, we do need to BAN:
Electronics and other kinds of **** stuck all over the inside of the windscreen as well as...
Stickers on windows that reduce view out the back
Paint and all kinds of templates fitted over lights that reduce output more than the standards mandate as a minimum
Blinding banks of brake/stop lights affixed to cars (now the manufacturers even overdo it, let alone the bling brigades toting $2 stick-on add-ons)
Blinding Xenons that burn the retinas out of drivers in oncoming traffic - or those watching what the hell those bright flashy lights are doing behind them.** End of RANT **

for now. :p

Rustam
05-28-2006, 10:38 PM
:D Dinan will stop putting their name on aftermarket parts when they see this... man, it'd cost a lot to bring that 'back to scratch', its already over the edge.

Buy it only if cheap enough to part it.

These fikkin in-car video screens bug me. They cry out 'Wanker, Pervert, Paedophile if the word's 'Who's yo Daddy' are painted on the seat'

So can someone, anyone, please explain to me...

WTF have screens, playstations and entertainment **** in the back of the car? They just weight more and look silly and invite theives. If I have passengers I want them paying attention (and hanging on appropriately- I don't take well to them loosing hold of possessions or otherwise flopping around the interior and upsetting the delicate balance I am trying to maintain on the tyres as we negotiate the corners at the highest possible speeds), not playing games'n ****... 4 Christs' sake!

and whilst we're on it, why do people stick screen in front of the dash-vents? This also says; 'yeah, k, I know you know I'm stupid cos I don't care where you see me put this useless toy and think- '**** dude, that will cook in the sun, freeze in the AC but above all won't last long enough to do either in front of the theives around here.' uh-oh, that's done it. I can feel it...

** Start of RANT **
And why stick GPS screens on the windscreen directly in the way of one's field of view? Cos the map is more important than the road? Cos you don't know which way to go? Cos you think you always need to be told? Cos you don't care about the kid under the bumper when you're turning? When the @*k are people going to wake up and stop this stupid **** going on. OK a car PC is cool, but not unless its properly installed and configured with meaningful software and connectivity- re: NO bling frills.

I am actually the kind that dislikes laws, but seriously, we do need to BAN:
Electronics and other kinds of **** stuck all over the inside of the windscreen as well as...
Stickers windows that reduce view out the back
Paint and all kinds of templates fitted over lights that reduce output more than the standards mandate as a minimum
Blinding banks of brake/stop lights affixed to cars (now the manufacturers even overdo it, let alone the bling brigades toting $2 stick-on add-ons)
Blinding Xenons that burn the retinas of oncoming traffic (most of them)** End of RANT **

for now. :p

But I think regarding the cleaning up the mess at the windscreen, an exception is usage of gages that reflect of the windshield using it as a screen itself to show speed & rpm. That provides safer driving.

mattyb
05-28-2006, 10:59 PM
yeh! all of that especially the blinding friggin part

onewhippedpuppy
05-29-2006, 04:54 AM
But I think regarding the cleaning up the mess at the windscreen, an exception is usage of gages that reflect of the windshield using it as a screen itself to show speed & rpm. That provides safer driving.

I had a 240SX with the OEM display of the MPH on the windshield, never looked at it and eventually decided that it was more of a gimmick than anything. Maybe with different placement it would have been more useful, it was on the far left side.

I think the only time a TV/etc is justified is when you have kids, and just want them to shut the hell up on trips. We want to put a flip down DVD player in our 4Runner to keep our 2 year old quiet. A car like this one it's 100% bling, as well as 100% GAY.

Atl530i
05-29-2006, 07:10 AM
That is one gay E34, I hate to say it. The body kit doesn't look right also. I've never been of a fan of those body kits, they belong on the E39s only. Just my .02 cents.

Rodericb
05-29-2006, 10:10 AM
Do I sense a hint of homophobia? Just Kidding. Aside from the ground effects, LV interior and "Who's your daddy" embroidery, The car looks like it's in excellent condition and the engine bay is the cleanest I've seen on a 17 year old car. Hey the way I see it, to each his/her own. Without all the ugly stuff, this car sounds a lot like most the cars here on this board. Like I said, loose the LV, Body kit and embroidery and this car is no different from most on this board. Why the double standard? A few months ago, one of the regular posters here put in a Navigation screen and he was praised for it. Some one explain that? As for the headrest, If you don't have kids and have never taken a road trip with them, please reserve your comments. These things are life savers.

Rustam
05-29-2006, 03:59 PM
Do I sense a hint of homophobia? Just Kidding. Aside from the ground effects, LV interior and "Who's your daddy" embroidery, The car looks like it's in excellent condition and the engine bay is the cleanest I've seen on a 17 year old car. Hey the way I see it, to each his/her own. Without all the ugly stuff, this car sounds a lot like most the cars here on this board. Like I said, loose the LV, Body kit and embroidery and this car is no different from most on this board. Why the double standard? A few months ago, one of the regular posters here put in a Navigation screen and he was praised for it. Some one explain that? As for the headrest, If you don't have kids and have never taken a road trip with them, please reserve your comments. These things are life savers.

The problem is that the car is a showy display of someone who knows nothing about BMW but sees it as a status symbol. A BMW roundel next to a shifter, an Alpina roundel on the steering wheel, M pedals, a roadster cutout on the fender. What is the thematic here really? There is no thematic - it is obviously a show piece of someone who takes the car for something it tends to stand in closed minded world of BMW=status symbol... One can find practical application of headrest mounted display but somehow I have hard time believing that this person may have kids at the moment. "Who is your daddy" means "I've got a bimmer and so I am a player"...

P.S. Dinan exhaust tips - absurd... No - in this salad of various incorherent addons there is not hint of someone who appreciates BMW for what it is, and the person is naturally and consequentially ridiculed here. We see such people ridiculed all the time in this board...

Gayle
05-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Male cattyness. You guys are as bad as my girlfriends. I love it.

This is right up there with "Oh, my, god. Becky, look at her butt. It is so big! (((scoff))) She looks like, one of those rap guys' girlfriends."

Incantation
05-29-2006, 05:31 PM
heheh.. the guy lives in a city close to mine notorious for ridiculously bad vehicle alterations

Rustam
05-29-2006, 05:38 PM
Oh, my, god. Becky, look at her butt. It is so big! She looks like, one of those rap guys' girlfriends.

Said she with a tangible note of jealousy?

Gayle
05-29-2006, 06:28 PM
Said she with a tangible note of jealousy?

No butt jealousy. Mine is fine. But all right--I'm busted. I really want the Louis Vuitton interior.:D Naught.

If I get the premise of your post, jealous it at the bottom of cattyness. So what is that you guys are jealous of that brought out this rant of male cattyness?

onewhippedpuppy
05-29-2006, 06:40 PM
If you want to get all Freudian on us, I suppose I'm jealous of the fact that the fruitmobile is cleaner than my 540. Of course, I'll take my decent car sans tacky accesories any day.

Rod, I wouldn't have said a damn thing if the car just had a nav system. There's many a time I have wished for one in my car. But cramming TVs everywhere you can fit them is a sign of more money than taste. What the hell is the point? I'm a big fan of form following function, TVs in every headrest and sunvisor isn't it. Rustam nailed it fairly well, that car just screams, "Look at me, I have a B M W!!!!!". Exactly the kind of douchebags that give the marque a bad name.

Gayle
05-29-2006, 06:48 PM
Rustam nailed it fairly well, that car just screams, "Look at me, I have a B M W!!!!!". Exactly the kind of douchebags that give the marque a bad name.

You think BMWs have a bad name? Here in CA, no matter how modified the BMW is, they are tasteful compared to the blinger Escalades or the ricer Hondas. Even though pancake posted a pic of one, I have yet to see a BMW with 20s. IMHO, it is spinners that scream "look at me".

genphreak
05-29-2006, 06:57 PM
No butt jealousy. Mine is fine. But all right--I'm busted. I really want the Louis Vuitton interior.:D Naught.

If I get the premise of your post, jealous it at the bottom of cattyness. So what is that you guys are jealous of that brought out this rant of male cattyness?It's the door panels, Gayle. Normal blinginess brings on the normal reaction we see regularly (me included).

So go on ;) admit it, you too took a good, hard look and wondered about those sun-visors and door panels, thinking 'imagine those in my car'? I had to, in order to sample the full effect on my senses (it was a powerful queasiness that saw me reeling from the screen)

The material on the door panels is about the only thing done well however- apart form the detailing. Though it is of course, in the worst, possible taste. I guess we're just the kind that like it black though, so what would we know? Big butts? hah! well yes, on the other hand this is something we might know more about... :D Nick

Gayle
05-29-2006, 07:48 PM
So go on ;) admit it, you too took a good, hard look and wondered about those sun-visors and door panels, thinking 'imagine those in my car'?

Can't admit that cause it didn't happen. I don't get the whole Louis Vuitton thing. My girlfriend showed me her new authenic LV purse last week that must have cost a gazillion bucks. I went ooo and ahhh like a girlfriend would, but personally I think the pattern is ugly. It reminds me of the children's story of the emperor's new clothes. He is actually naked but everyone is pretending he is wearing finery.

So I do think th LV interior is blasphemy and I wonder what he spend on those Dinan mods but I am totally amused by all the emotion that you guys are putting into critiquing it.

genphreak
05-29-2006, 08:07 PM
I really do like the point of view you bring!~

I guess if the fellow (could a girl might have built that... ) had any such opinions raised around him he would have avoided creating that tradgedy of an e34.

My gf likes LV stuff a little, but it's a status thing she's picked up from her mum, I am glad its a passing phase rubbed off from an older generation... She hasn't any LV stuff, and I am not about to buy her any... good ol' mo nature's flowers are just fine in my book- and perhaps one day a nice Bimmer ;) Nick

Rustam
05-29-2006, 09:27 PM

If I get the premise of your post, jealous it at the bottom of cattyness. So what is that you guys are jealous of that brought out this rant of male cattyness?

No, no, it was only an off-hand comment...
However, jealousy may very well be at the bottom of cattiness. My comment was more sexist rather than defining the way I felt "deep inside" about what I saw.

Rustam
05-29-2006, 09:35 PM
so what would we know? Big butts? hah! well yes, on the other hand this is something we might know more about...

Appreciation of which (some) females are aware which makes them catty wherein the jealousy - right at the bottom...
- Hm... An interesting turn out with words here. An inadvertent pun?

Rustam
05-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Can't admit that cause it didn't happen. I don't get the whole Louis Vuitton thing. My girlfriend showed me her new authenic LV purse last week that must have cost a gazillion bucks. I went ooo and ahhh like a girlfriend would, but personally I think the pattern is ugly. It reminds me of the children's story of the emperor's new clothes. He is actually naked but everyone is pretending he is wearing finery.

So I do think th LV interior is blasphemy and I wonder what he spend on those Dinan mods but I am totally amused by all the emotion that you guys are putting into critiquing it.

Well, my emotion was directed at explanation of the original emotion to rodericb. So I am not a participant of "male cattiness"...

Gayle
05-30-2006, 05:45 AM
It has come to my attention that some did not recognize the quote about "look at her butt" as coming from "Baby's got back". I suggest that this thread is greating improved if read using the voices of the two women in that song as the voices of the posters to this thread.

angrypancake
05-30-2006, 02:24 PM
You think BMWs have a bad name? Here in CA, no matter how modified the BMW is, they are tasteful compared to the blinger Escalades or the ricer Hondas. Even though pancake posted a pic of one, I have yet to see a BMW with 20s. IMHO, it is spinners that scream "look at me".

the PO of my car was a college girl. When I bought the car from her, I told her I had every intention of modifying it, and asked why she hadn't put rims on it. And the answer? "I didn't get around to it. I was gonna but 18" spinners on there, it would have been awesome." Some people just don't get it.

That LV interiored car could be de-moroned pretty easily. Sell the visors w/tv's for a pretty penny (hey, they have LV on them!), get some replacements, lose the who's your daddy stuff and the random patches, the vents, and bam you have a clean low miles car. I'd buy it.

trumpetr
05-30-2006, 03:12 PM
It has come to my attention that some did not recognize the quote about "look at her butt" as coming from "Baby's got back". I suggest that this thread is greating improved if read using the voices of the two women in that song as the voices of the posters to this thread.

Gayle is right- As a newbie to this forum, along with my appreciation for endless and priceless advice I have gained here, I have to come to appreciate Gayles unique perspective. Shes female (redundant), yet appreciates e34's, and works on her own car, and her comments on the guys here, are priceless.
Yup,,,ya gotta listen to the 'look at her butt' comment , with the voice in your head of a 'valley girl'. Thats what applies to that LV festooned e34.
Oy! That car does look like "like,,,a rap stars girlfriend."

We guys may be 'catty' when it comes to commenting on e34s, but hey, its because we have learned that you cant make the same comments on cosmetics or accessories, to the females in our lives, lest we be shunned to our respective gander pens. We can be catty when commenting on a car,,,but, you will be on the couch/doghouse/gander pen, if same is said to a female, no matter if in jest, or not.

ILoveMPower
05-30-2006, 05:28 PM
The motor is clean, but holy **** is that thing retarded!

ThoreauHD
05-30-2006, 05:45 PM
I have to say I like the tv's in the back seat. And the engine looks good. Sad waste of a car though. Is vuitton a popular girls brand now? I buy brooks brothers myself.

It's a shame, it looked like it would have been a nice car. I don't even think girls are this gay.. Gayle, are girls into this stuff? I don't think all the vagina power in the world could put this together.

Gayle
05-30-2006, 07:24 PM
I Is vuitton a popular girls brand now?

It's a shame, it looked like it would have been a nice car. I don't even think girls are this gay.. Gayle, are girls into this stuff? I don't think all the vagina power in the world could put this together.

Yes LV is so popular now. The woman who left my house 5 minutes ago was carrying an LV bag and she is not the friend I referenced in my above post. LV bags if large and authenic cost more than our e34s.

$7,500 will get you this (http://cgi.ebay.com/LOUIS-VUITTON-black-MULTICOLORE-FRANGES-FRINGE-SPEEDY_W0QQitemZ6884450458QQihZ013QQcategoryZ63852 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Poor? How about $999 for a used one? And it has a bid (http://cgi.ebay.com/Auth-LOUIS-VUITTON-Cruise-collection-bag-Super-rare_W0QQitemZ6885818249QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem)

Another $999 fool (http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTH-GENTLY-USED-LOUIS-VUITTON-SPEEDY-BAG_W0QQitemZ6886630275QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem)

When I see a big LV bag, I think that it is either a knock off or the owner has no brains.

Guys--pay attention to your wife's purse. You can use it to blackmail her into letting you buy new rims. My boss told his wife "Honey those Dooney Burke purse are well made. Why don't you get yourself another one. Get two honey if they make you happy." Then his secretary told him that they cost $350 and he nearly had heart failure.

OMG. THE SHAME OF IT ALL. WHAT A HYPOCRITE I AM!!! Look where I am sitting as I write this. I went through a purse stage in 2004 before I bought the e34 but I am over it now.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/e34Gayle/PurseSmall.jpg

And the real shame is---look at this. It is LV. :( But I only paid $70 it used.) That is hardly more than a tank of gas, right?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/e34Gayle/LVpurseSmall.jpg

But back to the car. All the estrogen in the world could not mess up a car that badly.