PDA

View Full Version : The Nightmare Is Over

clhorton
05-28-2006, 02:40 PM
So the car just decided it didnt want to start yesterday so I said screw it and went to work got home this morning and went to bed and my dad wakes me up at noon he, with no mechanical experience, get the car to start. Well transmission quitmaking the weird noise after the filter change and it's all great. The taurus can goto hell I got my bimmer back.:D

Rigmaster
05-28-2006, 03:52 PM
Welllllllllllllllllllll........................... ................What did he do to it to get it to start?

Bret.

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
05-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Welllllllllllllllllllll........................... ................What did he do to it to get it to start?

Bret.

Yeah, spill!

clhorton
05-28-2006, 05:38 PM
He put the key in it and turned it. I swear to god nothing else. For some reason the starting problem just fixed itself!

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
05-28-2006, 06:22 PM
He put the key in it and turned it. I swear to god nothing else. For some reason the starting problem just fixed itself!

Maybe it was flooded. What is your starting method? I've watched people hit the starter repeatedly for 1/2 second and take 10 or more tries to start the car. The proper procedure is to crank it continuously until it starts. Within reason of course, not more than 20-30 seconds per attempt, allowing the starter to cool for a couple of minutes between attempts so it doesn't burn out.

Rigmaster
05-28-2006, 06:25 PM

mwuhahahahaha!!

No, the non-starting gremlins just fooled you into thinking it's fixed. Now they will wait for a while until they strike again- but strike they will. Just wait until you're in a bad part of town and you've had words with some mean looking dudes who were leaning on your car, then the car won't start and you'll have to clean the brown marks out of the driver's seat bottom!!! :)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Bret.

mamilapon
05-30-2006, 01:34 AM
The correct starting method when you suspect flooding is to have your foot right down on the gas pedal, then you crank it until it starts and let go of the gas.