PDA

View Full Version : Still can't bump starter at diagnostic port...

Warren N.CA
03-28-2004, 03:55 PM
Shorting pins 11 and 14 together has no discernable effect with the ignition switch in the OFF, ACC or RUN positions.

All fuses check OK for continuity. The car starts normally with the key (Even after this escapade! So at least I haven't blown anything- YET.)

By using a light and a magnifier, I have been able to confirm the pin number markings do coincide precisely with the drawing I've been using for reference.

I tried to check the wiring schematic in the Bentley, but the diagnostic port is not shown.

Any suggestions as to how I might proceed?

Warren N.CA
03-28-2004, 04:02 PM
Shorting pins 11 and 14 together has no discernable effect with the ignition switch in the OFF, ACC or RUN positions.

All fuses check OK for continuity. The car starts normally with the key (Even after this escapade! So at least I haven't blown anything- YET.)

By using a light and a magnifier, I have been able to confirm the pin number markings do coincide precisely with the drawing I've been using for reference.

I tried to check the wiring schematic in the Bentley, but the diagnostic port is not shown.

Any suggestions as to how I might proceed?

winfred
03-28-2004, 04:22 PM
take a wire and atach it to the 10mm nut on the starter and run it by the connector on the firewall from the battery, that way you can energize the starter by touching it to the connector with the large 3/4" wire feeding it, don't touch it to the one with the small wire, that's the fuseable linked power supply for the computer and you may pop it. or another time tested way of adjusting valves (if you have a manual tranny) put it in 5th and rock the car

Warren N.CA
03-28-2004, 05:43 PM
take a wire and atach it to the 10mm nut on the starter and run it by the connector on the firewall from the battery, that way you can energize the starter by touching it to the connector with the large 3/4" wire feeding it, don't touch it to the one with the small wire, that's the fuseable linked power supply for the computer and you may pop it. or another time tested way of adjusting valves (if you have a manual tranny) put it in 5th and rock the car