PDA

View Full Version : E34 ALarm Issue

shadowstealth6
05-26-2006, 10:33 PM
I just bought an e34 1989 535i. The previous owner did not tell me of an alarm and opened and closed the doors with the keys. Looking through the car i found a clifford alarm remote. I figured the car probably has come with an alarm. I played around and got it connected and now its a pain. The alarm arms itslef as im driving and goes off. Any way to disconnect this. Help would be appreciated
thanks
john

joshua43214
05-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Undo whatever you did to make the alarm work again. Try to find what model alarm you have and go to the clifford and get the documentaion for it. sounds like someone who had no clue installed it originaly.

If you can't get the documentaion, just buy a new alarm. Unless you know alarms, its just not worth the time and hassle to figure it out without the instructions. Your car has special needs alarm wise, so you need the right alarm if you want it to do anything besides sound off when a door is opened.

emw525E34
05-27-2006, 11:29 AM
So the alarm unit in the car was also a Clifford ?. The main unit maybe playing up. Have that repaired or replaced. I have an AutoPage and it works well.

Alternative is to swap for a different one that fits. Oh, you should have the wiring checked. So short along the wires may play havoc in the alarm unit. Happens often on shops with sloppy workmanship.

shadowstealth6
05-31-2006, 01:27 PM
I'm not sure what kind of clifford alarm it is. ITs definitly and older model and it has 4 buttons on the front and 1 on the side. Only three buttons work. One is silent open and close One is beep open and close and if you hold down any of these it will panic. And another button is to activate the headlights. I tried the other two buttons and I couldnt figure out what they do
Thanks
John