PDA

View Full Version : Are there rules here about posting GBs elsewhere?

ElSupremo
05-26-2006, 08:53 AM
I don't want to get in trouble or make anyone mad, but another forum has a GB going for Xtec HID kits for $265 shipped, and $250 if there are 11+ people.
Seems like a pretty good deal and I thought I would share it, but only if it's okay to do so.
I won't post who it is, or what forum unless I get an okay, but here's what they are offering:

XTEC HID kit. 35W

2 Xenon-Charged Bulbs (temp of your choice)
2 HID Ballasts
2 "Plug-and-Play" Wiring Harnesses & Connectors
Heavy Duty Double-Sided tape for mounting ballasts

GoldenOne
05-26-2006, 08:57 AM
i think you meant 250 for 11+ people...

ElSupremo
05-26-2006, 08:59 AM
i think you meant 250 for 11+ people...
lol, good catch, thanks.

s_ribbens
05-26-2006, 01:03 PM
I don't want to step on any toes, but I can get us a GB for Prolumen HID's. It's just for the group at this site and the prices are VERY good. I figure it's another product option for HID's. Complete plug and play which is very nice for those adding Euro lights since you'll have one less connection to fab up. I'll post prices if it's ok with ElSupremo.

Anton CH.
05-26-2006, 02:15 PM
I am up for a GB on HID kit. But it better be a quality kit w/ Phillips components.

1991 525i Novs
05-26-2006, 02:29 PM
its sounds cool, what is a GB?

Felixdacat
05-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Group Buy?

ElSupremo
05-26-2006, 04:39 PM
I don't want to step on any toes, but I can get us a GB for Prolumen HID's. It's just for the group at this site and the prices are VERY good. I figure it's another product option for HID's. Complete plug and play which is very nice for those adding Euro lights since you'll have one less connection to fab up. I'll post prices if it's ok with ElSupremo.
It's not a problem with me. I know people are usually interested in HIDs and thought this sounded like a decent price. If you can get them cheaper, or people want a different kit, that's not a problem.
Personally I won't buy anything that comes through Umnitza anymore, not after all that they have been doing to customers lately. I don't know what to think of a vendor that insists ZKW makes Hella headlights even after Hella has directly refuted them.http://www.tehdriven.com/forum/images/smilies/custom/dunno.gif

632 Regal
05-26-2006, 07:06 PM
no, gang bang
Group Buy?

Chris'91'525i
05-26-2006, 07:48 PM
It's not a problem with me. I know people are usually interested in HIDs and thought this sounded like a decent price. If you can get them cheaper, or people want a different kit, that's not a problem.
Personally I won't buy anything that comes through Umnitza anymore, not after all that they have been doing to customers lately. I don't know what to think of a vendor that insists ZKW makes Hella headlights even after Hella has directly refuted them.

Maybe they meant ZKW, Hella and Bosch HID housing are ALL made to BMW OEM specifications and all are equal in quality . From what I've read these are all fine units, it's the Asian housings which can be of lower quality.

Rather than use these non-DOT approved and illegal HID setups, and maybe not pass your state vehicle inspection. I would get the Euro projector (Angel eye's) Housings and use Euro Osram Silverstar 55 watt H-1 bulbs( http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/ ) . This setup will almost equal a 35 watt HID lighting conversion.
The USA Sylvania Silverstar's are inferior compared to the Osram units. Even though Osram owns Sylvania.
Also consider adding headlight and foglight relays, which will get full and constant voltage to the bulbs, they also have the added benifeit of less wear an tear on the headlight switches.
Don't even think of adding higher wattage bulbs without relays. Which IMO should not be used anyway for a varity of reasons.

GoldenOne
05-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Personally I won't buy anything that comes through Umnitza anymore, not after all that they have been doing to customers lately. I don't know what to think of a vendor that insists ZKW makes Hella headlights even after Hella has directly refuted them.http://www.tehdriven.com/forum/images/smilies/custom/dunno.gif

oh man, i remember reading a bunch of drama over at e46fanatics.com and tehdriven.com about umnitza....hehe even one of the employees there have left death threats to one of my friends...crazy stuff, i personally think they got caught selling misrepresented products...

angrypancake
05-26-2006, 08:06 PM
oh man. that umnitza thing is out of hand, over at bf.c it's insane. moderators making threads disappear and supposedly supporting them (umnitza) in a very underhanded way. every time an anti umnitza thread comes up it is locked and towed with record time. i read a few massive complaints, and there was stuff over on tehdriven. goldenone, death threats you say? wow.

ElSupremo
05-26-2006, 08:57 PM
oh man, i remember reading a bunch of drama over at e46fanatics.com and tehdriven.com about umnitza....hehe even one of the employees there have left death threats to one of my friends...crazy stuff, i personally think they got caught selling misrepresented products...
There's just too many instances for it to just be a misunderstanding. Besides the Hella lights there's labeling HID kits with Xtec stickers that weren't Xtec, the UUC exhaust drama, etc.
I'll wager that now one of them will join here and try blasting me in this forum because I am a member on tehdriven.

Alan_525i
05-26-2006, 09:30 PM
Do the Prolumen kits have circuitry that mimics a conventional bulb so it doesn't throw a OBC error? The X-Tecs have the circuitry.

Any further discount if a person buys more than one kit? Can't have my fogs not matching my lows now can I?

mattyb
05-27-2006, 04:43 AM
always bad **** pushing this group buy crap ! we have all been there before. I am not a moderator but i would say good for those who wanna be a part of it but dont push it.

s_ribbens
05-27-2006, 05:17 AM
No HID in the world will do that. It's all based on voltage, and HID's are much lower than standard halogens. You would have to trick it with some sort of resistor set up, which no one has actually figured out yet.

s_ribbens
05-27-2006, 05:20 AM
So we can get Prolumen HID kits for $250 shipped through Umnitza. Just this forum gets the deal. I've had a Prolumen kit for almost a year in my M3 and it has worked perfectly. No ballast issues or anything. I'm leary of XTec because of their ballasts.

I'm not sure what our time frame is on this price, but he offered it regardless of the quantity purchased.

liquidtiger720
05-27-2006, 09:51 AM
Haha. I got my xtec for $175. :P

BTW....DO NOT go any higher than 4500k for the bulbs....

5000k is even too blue - ask me how I know.

ElSupremo
05-27-2006, 10:54 AM
always bad **** pushing this group buy crap ! we have all been there before. I am not a moderator but i would say good for those who wanna be a part of it but dont push it.
I hope I'm not coming across like that. I have no affiliation with the vendor and I'm not getting any HIDs right now since I can't afford to. Just thought I'd pass along a good deal to anyone on this forum who might be interested.