PDA

View Full Version : Part 2 of vandalization

Macv
05-24-2006, 07:15 PM
I had some kids tear up random parts of my car so I'm fixing it. Time to repair my driver side front fender.

It looks like they tried to jack it up to maybe take the wheels or something. Here's a look.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7848/dsfender8dk.jpg

What I'm wanting to know is, will I need a whole new fender or can I buy JUST that bottom part. It looks like I'll have to get the full fender ... please tell me wrong.

Excuse the dirt, she's usually 100% spot free :D

-Mac

Qube
05-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Man, you're quite calm for having that happen :)

Dave M
05-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Unfortunately, its all part of the fender. Sorry about your troubles.

I wouldn't, however, put it past a good body shop to be able to fix that. $hit, even a bad one might be able to get that looking straight again ;) Maybe even covered under your ins, policy?

If you're real short on cash, remove the fender (handfull of 13mm bolts in the door jam, hood and one under the bumber) and try it yourself :)

Good Luck.

Dave M

CharlesAFerg
05-24-2006, 07:53 PM
buy a small security camera and put it in or near your car, someplace to catch faces if they do it again. Seriously.
-Charles

SchnellE34
05-24-2006, 08:20 PM
buy a small security camera and put it in or near your car, someplace to catch faces if they do it again. Seriously.
-Charles

get the package that has the shot gun included...

Macv
05-24-2006, 08:26 PM
-Charles

Done

get the package that has the shot gun included...

I'll just used my mean airsoft gun.

I am going to have a body shop look at it, but its all uneven now (you can tell in the picture) and I kinda want to buy a new fender.

Any other suggestions from any other viewers?

More vandalization posts to come! :)

-Mac

E34 530
05-24-2006, 09:01 PM
M tech side skirts ;)

Macv
05-24-2006, 09:22 PM
actually I have thought about it .... how much do they run, sure would like some

Alexlind123
05-24-2006, 10:18 PM
Thats not that bad, i echo what dave said. Even a bad bodyshop might be able to make it look decent again.

mzarifkar
05-25-2006, 09:47 AM
Mac,
I commend your exceptional calmness and composure troughout all of this, the avarege poster would post a big venting post threathening the testicles of those guilty, you on the other hand seem to be a fine optimist, good for you!

Macv
05-25-2006, 03:38 PM
Actually, i seem to not care much. I think life passes easier if you don't over react. Sometimes it gets me in trouble, as today was my bday and I didn't seem extremely thrilled over my gift from my girlfriend (even though i was). :D

-Mac

tgrandahl
05-25-2006, 04:19 PM
If you're real short on cash, remove the fender (handfull of 13mm bolts in the door jam, hood and one under the bumber) and try it yourself :)

Is the gap supposed to be 13mm? that seems like a neet trick for aligning it, something i have to do all around my car as my new doors came with ought hinges. They wont scartch chip the paint?

Macv
05-25-2006, 05:00 PM
Ok I have another question that goes along with this enough not to post a new thread.

I am wanting to paint the side skirts. Although I know they arent really side skirts, can this bee done? It seems like they would be rough and not flow nice at all. I dont like the way the M-tech sides flow with the back bumper (kinda edgy then the back is round) But I want the sides painted. I also want to keep the rubber trim under the doors black. Is this stupid? Is this possible?