PDA

View Full Version : Relocating back to oz: 1 x E34 and 1 x E36 4sale

rph
05-24-2006, 03:51 PM
We are heading back to Melbourne after 10 years in NC (grandparenthood a great catalyst). Our cars are listed on cars.com. Check there for details. We depart on June 16, aaaahh!

Briefly: E34 1991 535i 5 speed EAT chip has 82,4xx miles, cream puff, newish tires, new radiator, water pump, thermostat. All maintenance records from new. $10,500. For pics go to http://personal.ecu.edu/huntingr/BMW.html

E36 is 1996 328i 5 speed, with sport package; 108,500 miles, has recently had new brakes, O2 sensors, new clutch, tires are very good. $9,000. For pics go to http://personal.ecu.edu/huntingr/328.pdf

Rigmaster
05-24-2006, 06:40 PM
We are heading back to Melbourne after 10 years in NC (grandparenthood a great catalyst). Our cars are listed on cars.com. Check there for details. We depart on June 16, aaaahh!

Briefly: E34 1991 535i 5 speed EAT chip has 82,4xx miles, cream puff, newish tires, new radiator, water pump, thermostat. All maintenance records from new. $10,500. For pics go to http://personal.ecu.edu/huntingr/BMW.html

E36 is 1996 328i 5 speed, with sport package; 108,500 miles, has recently had new brakes, O2 sensors, new clutch, tires are very good. $9,000. For pics go to http://personal.ecu.edu/huntingr/328.pdf

I can vouch for the E34, it definitely IS a creampuff, and then some!!!! If you have been searching for a 5 speed 535i, this is one you should not overlook. Don't make the mistake of buying a cheaper car, only to have to spend $$$ to make it as nice as this one.

Best wishes, We'll miss you Robert!!! :(

Bret.

BlackOnBlack
05-24-2006, 10:29 PM
hey,

BlackOnBlack
05-24-2006, 10:29 PM
hey, that 535 is sweet !!!
But how much for the house ?;)

rph
05-25-2006, 06:35 PM
...the great Bimmer folks in and around NC, but depending on what is on offer in Melbourne, I may pop up again, like a rat up a drainpipe!

I can vouch for the E34, it definitely IS a creampuff, and then some!!!! If you have been searching for a 5 speed 535i, this is one you should not overlook. Don't make the mistake of buying a cheaper car, only to have to spend $$$ to make it as nice as this one.

Best wishes, We'll miss you Robert!!! :(

Bret.

Dave M
05-25-2006, 09:41 PM
Thank the 'lord' a good one can still keep its value. Apparently, it has a few hundred grand left in the tank.

Good luck down south. To much of a cheapskate to spend the $$ ;)

Dave M

jrobbo
05-26-2006, 02:49 PM
...the great Bimmer folks in and around NC, but depending on what is on offer in Melbourne, I may pop up again, like a rat up a drainpipe!

Lots of us E34 fans down here in Melbourne, rph, you won't have too much trouble finding a nice car. There are 2 540i LE's (6 speed) for sale in OZ at the moment (one in QLD, one in Melb) which are always fun.

Have a good trip!

Regards

John

genphreak
05-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Welcome home for when you do get here. Alternatively when you get here maybe it'd be worth hanging out for an M-car to come up. Why not bring the Bimmers with you? Or some of the nice parts you might want when you get another. Things in the US are so cheap in comparison- if you decide say to get a 540 it'd definately be worth purchasing a crate of wear items like brakes rotors, pads, overhaul kits and anything else you might need. If you don't need it you can always on-sell it to someone else who does... -we all need stuff and getting it in from the US is very costly and pratically the only option these days. :) Nick

rph
05-27-2006, 02:13 PM
I thought about bringing the 535i back, but figured someone, somewhere, will be getting ready to let a nice one go to a good home. On the other hand, with petrol so much more expensive, it might be time to consider a more fuel efficient machine -- like a MINI Cooper S. Then again, we might get a kiddie car for the mrs, like one of those Yaris thingies (urk), then I could consider a 540. The permutations are endless. I'm not fixed on the year, so long as its a drivers car, and has a good pedigree.

Welcome home for when you do get here. Alternatively when you get here maybe it'd be worth hanging out for an M-car to come up. Why not bring the Bimmers with you? Or some of the nice parts you might want when you get another. Things in the US are so cheap in comparison- if you decide say to get a 540 it'd definately be worth purchasing a crate of wear items like brakes rotors, pads, overhaul kits and anything else you might need. If you don't need it you can always on-sell it to someone else who does... -we all need stuff and getting it in from the US is very costly and pratically the only option these days. :) Nick

onewhippedpuppy
05-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Nice cars, both of them. Since you're pushed for time, have you advertised them on all the free sites? Bimmerforums, bimmerfest, Pelican, Craigslist, etc? Hopefully you can find them a good home.

genphreak
05-28-2006, 08:33 AM
A Yaris? hmm My money would be on a Golf or a Polo, they are streets ahead- tho Jap cars in Aus are always unbeatable value. There is a hybrid Corolla now btw.

Cheap Euro-esque minicars atm is the Holden Barina (the Opel Mini); they just changed to a Daiwoo sourced larger car- the euro Barinas are on runout :)

rph
05-28-2006, 06:56 PM
what sort of money would you pay for a new runout barina?

A Yaris? hmm My money would be on a Golf or a Polo, they are streets ahead- tho Jap cars in Aus are always unbeatable value. There is a hybrid Corolla now btw.

Cheap Euro-esque minicars atm is the Holden Barina (the Opel Mini); they just changed to a Daiwoo sourced larger car- the euro Barinas are on runout :)

rph
05-28-2006, 06:59 PM
If nothing has happened by the first week in June, I will put them on ebay no reserve and let 'em rip. I have had good success selling cars on ebay previously. The key is in the marketing.

Nice cars, both of them. Since you're pushed for time, have you advertised them on all the free sites? Bimmerforums, bimmerfest, Pelican, Craigslist, etc? Hopefully you can find them a good home.