PDA

View Full Version : ne1 know a fault reset code software to download for free?

Young Pete
05-24-2006, 11:50 AM
please let me know....

i heard that there are websites that let you download obd software for free....
to reset and find fault codes....

thanks,

yp

BillionPa
05-24-2006, 11:55 AM
not on OBD 1 cars like ours

you kind of need the interface hardware to the cars first.

Young Pete
05-24-2006, 11:57 AM
i have the interface hardware (the black box with various lights) i just need software to use it? or can i use an obd 2 scanner? will it be ok....or obd 2 software? please let me know....

BillionPa
05-24-2006, 12:05 PM
what fault are you trying to reset?

Young Pete
05-24-2006, 12:29 PM
trans program....

please let me know if there anyone has the software they can burn for me....

Young Pete
05-24-2006, 12:36 PM
i bought this one on the popular auction site: 4642087940

i just need software to use........please let me know......

myles
05-24-2006, 03:06 PM
you will be wanting carsoft 6.1 or 6.5. I don't have it but you should be able to find it on the net. I found it on a russian web site some time ago.

joshua43214
05-24-2006, 03:18 PM
I really am not sure what you are trying to do. there is really no comparison between OBDI and OBDII. All OBDI interfaces and data stream are proprietary. OBDII has a universal adapter of some mandatory universal data stream that relates to emissions only. the manufacturerer can decide whether to use propriatary data stream for every thing else.

What you have is an interface that is meant to be hooked up to a scanner, or possibly a laptop. I am kinda getting the feeling you really have no idea what you purchased or how to use it. The hardware seller should provide support or direct you to the person who can provide support. You may want to closely read the instructions that came with it, or ask the seller for support. You really don't know enough to ask the right questions here, so you won't get any good answers.

zygoteer
05-24-2006, 03:51 PM
To interrogate & get (limited) control of OBD1 you need :
Software like Carsoft 6.1+ (there are clones)
A laptop with an RS232 port (rare on modern laptops)
A cable that adapts the diagnostic socket on your car to RS232 - these can be purchased, but cost an extortionate amount (more than £50 in UK).
... alternatively you can quickly wire up an old RS232 lead with a few suitable pin-plugs ... like the included pic for next to nothing.

note :
"diagnostic" = someone who disbelieves in the existence of two gods :)

jbourke
06-06-2006, 06:51 AM
To interrogate & get (limited) control of OBD1 you need :
Software like Carsoft 6.1+ (there are clones)
A laptop with an RS232 port (rare on modern laptops)
A cable that adapts the diagnostic socket on your car to RS232 - these can be purchased, but cost an extortionate amount (more than £50 in UK).
... alternatively you can quickly wire up an old RS232 lead with a few suitable pin-plugs ... like the included pic for next to nothing.

note :
"diagnostic" = someone who disbelieves in the existence of two gods :)
I wonder if anybody tried this because this can't really work! You would expect at least the receiving data pin to be used (pin 2 for DB9, pin 3 for DB25)? Also connecting battery power to the receiving end (a powered laptop) doesn't make much sense ... Anyway I am dying to try this, wonder if anybody has a working schematic?

JD525IA
06-06-2006, 07:10 AM
evidently, when it throws a code, even though you fix the problem, it stores it and you'll continue to get it until cleared. I think he had to use a special tool since the tranny ECU was separate from the engine one.

zygoteer
06-06-2006, 02:07 PM
I wonder if anybody tried this because this can't really work! You would expect at least the receiving data pin to be used (pin 2 for DB9, pin 3 for DB25)? Also connecting battery power to the receiving end (a powered laptop) doesn't make much sense ... Anyway I am dying to try this, wonder if anybody has a working schematic?

It only works with carsoft6.1 which directly probes the serial port lines in a non-rs232 manner, without using the USART normal modes.
That diagram is in the back of the carsoft6.1 manual.
I am told it doesn't work with psuedo serial ports via a USB adapter.