PDA

View Full Version : Volunteers wanted in Scottsdale, AZ

BillionPa
05-24-2006, 11:44 AM
there is a company called Strong-Strut (http://www.strong-strut.com/) that makes front tower strut braces, and they are designing one for E34 cars.

They make by far the best brace on the market, but due to the wide variety of engines in E34 cars, are having trouble designing one that will fit them all.

I am on their wait list and figured the forum may be able to help out with test cars.

They need any E34s they can get for measuring the brace over the engine intake.

Bleeding_Knuckles
05-24-2006, 12:16 PM
they wont be able to fit one for all E34's because of all the different engine hood combinations

BillionPa
05-24-2006, 12:22 PM
they figure they will need 3 different ones, although the actual mounts will be the same for all 3, just the bar in between will change.

JD525IA
05-24-2006, 12:44 PM
Nice guy, said he wanted to get this project done and had been on it for some time.

I'm going there after work on Friday to let him measure up a 1992 M50 525IA. He said they already measured a M5, and that there is not much room under the hood.

Anybody else in the Phoenix or Scottdale area that would like to help out? Should be quick and painless.

BTW - Does anybody know all the E34 engine combo's? Here's the lists so far:

518i
520i
524td
525i (M50)
525ix
525td
525tds
530i
535i
540i
M5 3.6
M5 3.8

I'll let you guys know how it goes. Who knows, after we see what they have, maybe do a group buy?

JD

azz3man
05-24-2006, 12:51 PM
there is a company called Strong-Strut (http://www.strong-strut.com/) that makes front tower strut braces, and they are designing one for E34 cars.

They make by far the best brace on the market, but due to the wide variety of engines in E34 cars, are having trouble designing one that will fit them all.

I am on their wait list and figured the forum may be able to help out with test cars.

They need any E34s they can get for measuring the brace over the engine intake.

Thank you for the opportunity to come on board. We have struggled with the e 34 Strong-Strut for over a year. We do have one prototype in hand but then we ran out of volunteers with the various models for fitting and changes. Thanks to your post, we have a local gentleman who is volunteering his car for a fitting session this Friday. Eventually, we will need others versions of the e34 and we'll try to come up with a one design fits all.
We have an old list of interested owners whom we will contact when we are closer to the production version. A reduced group buy price will be established at that time for the initial production run. We routinely ship internationally with our other Strong-Strut products. All our Strong-Struts have a pivotless design for superior performance and they are machined from 6061 T6 hardened aircraft grade alloy. We use no thin hollow tubes or cheap stamped parts. The Strong-Struts have about 3/16 ths adjustability to fit the factory differences in vehicles. Everything we sell arrives at your door with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and a lifetime guarantee against failure. If you visit our home page at http://www.strong-strut.com there is a link to the e39 strong-strut and many pics at that site. The existing e 34 prototype is the identical design, pivotless, attractive and extremely strong. The cross bar is 3/4 in. thick and 2 in. wide. The attaching stainless steel bolt is 1/2 in. in diameter. Our cottage industry has been in business 7 years and growing. For communication purposes, check the upper right hand corner of our web page. We welcome your thoughts and comments. Best wishes, Paul & the Strong-Strut Team.