PDA

View Full Version : Starter wiring and bracket

DanH
05-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Anyone happen to have pictures of how the wiring is on the M30 Starter?

I think i know which posts the wires go to, but dont remember how to attach the bracket that is on one of the large wires. I took it apart so long ago and all the pictures I took on disassembly dont include a good one showing that area.

Thanks,

DanH
05-24-2006, 09:24 AM
Well, since no one has responded, would anyone like to take a close up picture of their M30 starter wires and bracket then?

I can't find any good shots in the archives...

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
05-24-2006, 12:19 PM
I just did an R&R&R on the 535 starter and don't recall any bracketry on the cables at the starter. The lugs are sized so you can't mix them up. The two fat leads go on the top post of the solenoid. The lead from the boosting post clips into a bracket on the brake booster.

Out, re-built and re-installed in about an hour.

DanH
05-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the reply, I dont think that the boosting post bracket is the one I am asking about. Its a rounded-L shape and has a plastic clip on one end and a hole for a bolt on the other. The biggest wire going to the starter solenoid is connected to the plastic clip, I never took that part off.
I'll post a pic of it when i get a chance.

This was part of a whole R&R&R of the upper and some lower parts of the engine due to a blown headgasket. Just a bit slow putting it all back together, so forgot how to reconnect the bracket.

I just did an R&R&R on the 535 starter and don't recall any bracketry on the cables at the starter. The lugs are sized so you can't mix them up. The two fat leads go on the top post of the solenoid. The lead from the boosting post clips into a bracket on the brake booster.

Out, re-built and re-installed in about an hour.