PDA

View Full Version : 95 525 exhaust pictures

Montreal525
05-23-2006, 12:01 PM
There was a lot of talk a while back about exhaust options and such. Had the car up for summer tires change and took a few pics. Just thought I post them as a reference.

System is a 2 into 1 from 2" to 2.5", a resonator, pipe, another resonator and a double square tip. At first, it was driving me crazy as the buzz inside the car was loud as hell but the muffler guy told me I should wait and see because carbon build up would tone it down. Well, he was right. Nice sound outside and now it's bearable inside. I would not do it again because I would like it quieter inside but I'll live with it for now. As for performance changes or mpg, it didn't change a thing.

$499 cdn fully installed, tx included.

Questions? Comments? Insults?

Jeff

zmuff
05-23-2006, 12:15 PM
COOL! Are those glasspack mufflers or something else? You wouldn't have a sound or video clip laying around would you? I have exhaust work coming up soon and I'm always looking for alternatives.

Montreal525
05-23-2006, 12:27 PM
I don't know if those are glass pack... they are Midas home brand resonators. As for sound or video, sorry, I don't have a digital video camera. Beside, my computer would probably explode if I tried to feed it something more than simple pictures...

Jeff

fkong777
05-23-2006, 01:26 PM
two glasspak.. humm.. I would get a muffler of some kind for the rear.. glasspak does very little for sound suppression

ericcamaro
05-23-2006, 04:56 PM
I think you overpaid a bit. Are the 525i pipes really only 2" thats recoculous. I was thinking of doing a y-pipe and then running a 3' pipe back to a borla or magnaflow muffler. Good post, I like to know there are more options out there than throwing 7 hundo down on a remus cat-back.

s_ribbens
05-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Agreed. Adding a muffler to the back should do wonders for the noise level. I've been going over mufflers over and over for my car and I'm having a really tough time diving into the custom route (although I'm not loving bolt-on aftermarket either, and hence the debate). I went custom on my M3, but I wanted it loud and couldn't be happier. I like the 5 nice and quiet.

Montreal525
05-23-2006, 05:43 PM
I think you overpaid a bit.

I know but remember, we have 15% tax plus the chrome tip was $60. Gotta have some bling :D . So no tax and no tip, it comes around to $370.

Jeff

Rustam
05-23-2006, 05:52 PM
There was a lot of talk a while back about exhaust options and such. Had the car up for summer tires change and took a few pics. Just thought I post them as a reference.

System is a 2 into 1 from 2" to 2.5", a resonator, pipe, another resonator and a double square tip. At first, it was driving me crazy as the buzz inside the car was loud as hell but the muffler guy told me I should wait and see because carbon build up would tone it down. Well, he was right. Nice sound outside and now it's bearable inside. I would not do it again because I would like it quieter inside but I'll live with it for now. As for performance changes or mpg, it didn't change a thing.

$499 cdn fully installed, tx included.

Questions? Comments? Insults?

Jeff

Can you provide a picture of connection to exhaust manifolds?

Montreal525
05-23-2006, 05:59 PM
Can you provide a picture of connection to exhaust manifolds?

They are stock. The system was made from the cats back.

Jeff