PDA

View Full Version : E39 M wheels for 1992 525i What to do ???

Iwo
05-23-2006, 12:48 AM
I just got E39 M wheels and I want to put them on my 1992 525i. I was thinking about changing entire suspension, but then I come to question how low can I go with the car ??? I was thinking about some Bilstein schocks and Eilbach springs (no clue which set ???) also M5 steering and rear sway bar from M5T but then again I don't know how low can I go ??? I wanted to put Front245/18/40/8 and Rear 265/18/40/9.5

Any suggestion and ideas for susspension setup ????

Thanks for all the help

Robin-535im
05-23-2006, 06:53 AM
I just got E39 M wheels and I want to put them on my 1992 525i. I was thinking about changing entire suspension, but then I come to question how low can I go with the car ??? I was thinking about some Bilstein schocks and Eilbach springs (no clue which set ???) also M5 steering and rear sway bar from M5T but then again I don't know how low can I go ??? I wanted to put Front245/18/40/8 and Rear 265/18/40/9.5

Any suggestion and ideas for susspension setup ????

Thanks for all the help
Bruno's site has some info on different spring/shock combos & how they lower the car, and there have been some recent posts about Koni's & Bilsteins & KYB's and other shock options. Many here buy a "Sach's Kit" but I don't personally know what's in it. Eibach springs and Boge gas struts I think. Can't go wrong with the M sways. General consensus is to stay away from Bav Auto springs as they lower too much for their soft spring rate and you bottom out a lot. Rumor has it Voghtland springs are just rebadged Bav Autos too. If the spring you choose isn't quite low enough, BMA sells a 3mm spring pad that lowers things a little more.

- Robin