PDA

View Full Version : 94 E34 seats - HELP

jgctx
05-22-2006, 07:50 PM
I live in Dallas and need help in a HUGE way. My driver side seat is now broken. The motor spins but the seat does not move from the recline postion on one side. I tried to remove the seat and turn the cable by hand but not luck. Does anyone know of a place to fix it CHEAP in dallas or a place to pick up used bmw parts in the area. I used to live in Atlanta and I knew where to to go, but here in Dallas I am lost. The color is grey leather of any one has one for sale...Help please......

digitaldragon03
05-22-2006, 08:38 PM
No need to remove seat. The motor is towards the front of the seat, you must move it as far back as you can and then take the cable out. Use a drill to spin the cable.

jgctx
05-22-2006, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the reply, but I already tried that. It appears that the gears are broken on one side. So I can not move the seat forward, it only moved backwards so now the seat is reclined. I am now in trouble since I can not really drive it.....what a mess....it sure is a Monday.

shogun
05-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Swop the seats. That should be possible to move the one from drivers side to pass and vice versa.
Instruction how to fix a gear on the motor and the infanous twisted seat: go to my link below and then look for Gale's page. There are also pics of the motors and gears.

Also try to insert a long screwdriver of the right size in the square of the motor (where the drive cable usually is connected) and then try to manually adjust it,