PDA

View Full Version : People hate my car...

Macv
05-22-2006, 08:16 AM
It looks like someone put a pole in my driver side brake duct (on 1994 540i) and proceded to pull up (or down) in an attempt to break, or damage it in any way. They also damaged trim and the side skirt, but I'll deal with that later. I am going to take the duct off and replace it. (p/n: 51118148055 correct?) I've lifted the car and had a look, it looks like 4 maybe 5 bolts holding it in, as well as the tension from the air guide it's connected to. My question is: Is this as simple as it seems? A simple unscrew, pull out, replace, screw? Is there anything else I should take caution in? It seems like there should be more screws, can anyone point these out? Is there a limit to questions I can ask in one post? :D

Thanks

-Mac

Spasso
05-22-2006, 10:22 AM
What is with this senseless violence vandalism?? I am glad I live where I do, these things are rare occurances.

This is very disturbing!!!

Macv
05-22-2006, 10:29 AM
This is rare here as well .... I live 6 miles outside of the city (small city at that) and have a rather large gate surrounding my yard. Luckily the 2001 740iL was in the garage.... My mailbox was hit as well.

This is the first time it's happened to me, and the fact that I live way out in the middle of nowhere makes me wonder if they had a reason to do such a thing. :(

ryan roopnarine
05-22-2006, 10:52 AM
no, they don't hate your car. some drunk person saw a hole in the front of your car, decided to push a stick in it to see what happens, and played with it a little bit. just like super troopers:D same reason that somebody decided to steal my towhook cover, and occasionally leaves 1/2 drank beers in my wheel wells, or behind my wheels. i live in a college town, so that type of thing happens more to me....