PDA

View Full Version : Hey Anthony (M5 in Cowtown): this isn't your M5 is it??

RockJock
05-21-2006, 08:47 AM
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=20696566&pgno=1&srt=1

hmmmm ..... perhaps i should swing down there and check it out .....
Go Oilers!! :D

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
05-22-2006, 04:54 PM
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=20696566&pgno=1&srt=1

hmmmm ..... perhaps i should swing down there and check it out .....
Go Oilers!! :D

Nope - not my car. Not a lot of info there and too scared to post a price?

Go Oilers!

RockJock
05-22-2006, 08:52 PM
young guy, says he works at a bmw stealership. mentioned that he just had $9K worth of work done on the engine (rings, etc)...supposedly clean, brought it in from Winnipeg (come to think of it, i remember the wheels .... i think i actually saw this car in the autotrader last year). it's got about 183K km on it and he's asking around $20K...

hmmmmm ...... perhaps i need to take a trip down to Calgary

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
05-23-2006, 07:20 AM
young guy, says he works at a bmw stealership. mentioned that he just had $9K worth of work done on the engine (rings, etc)...supposedly clean, brought it in from Winnipeg (come to think of it, i remember the wheels .... i think i actually saw this car in the autotrader last year). it's got about 183K km on it and he's asking around $20K...

hmmmmm ...... perhaps i need to take a trip down to Calgary

PM if you do come down. I'm in the middle of R&R my SLS bombs.

VentoGT
05-24-2006, 10:41 AM
$20K Canadian works out to what--like $16K USD? I don't know the conversion rate. Those aftermarket rims aren't a value adding "option" as described in the text of the ad either :)

RockJock
05-24-2006, 09:29 PM
PM if you do come down. I'm in the middle of R&R my SLS bombs.

i'll let you know if i decide to come down. if i can hang in there for another two years then the 3.8L S38's should start showing up here and there .....just need to find a nice specimen....

have you ever driven a e39 M5?

Black 535i
05-25-2006, 05:10 AM
$20K Canadian nowadays works out to $18.2K US. I just went home for visit and saw whta the stronger Canadian dollar is worth nowadays compared to 3 years ago when I got $1.60 Cdn for every US dollar. Looks like a good deal anyway.

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
05-25-2006, 06:58 AM
i'll let you know if i decide to come down. if i can hang in there for another two years then the 3.8L S38's should start showing up here and there .....just need to find a nice specimen....

have you ever driven a e39 M5?

Nope, never drove an E39 M5. Hung with one on the streets once though. He walked away on standing starts but couldn't pull me from a roll. What fun.

RockJock
05-31-2006, 09:22 PM
Anthony - i just came across another e34 M5 in Calgary. 140K km, one owner .....it's sitting in a lot:

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=20998458&pgno=1&srt=1

if you happen to be in the vicinity of this lot could you take a peak and let me know if it's worthwhile for me to pop down ...if not, no biggy!

thx!

go Oilers!! .... really pounded the $hit out of those ducks .... eh? :D

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
06-01-2006, 11:02 AM
Anthony - i just came across another e34 M5 in Calgary. 140K km, one owner .....it's sitting in a lot:

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=20998458&pgno=1&srt=1

if you happen to be in the vicinity of this lot could you take a peak and let me know if it's worthwhile for me to pop down ...if not, no biggy!

thx!

go Oilers!! .... really pounded the $hit out of those ducks .... eh? :D

Hmmm. An M5 in an Ogden used car lot - what an odd place for one to turn up. A bit out of my way but if you're serious why not give them a call and see if they'd bring the car to me for a test drive?

Go Oilers indeed. Just keep the hooligans off Whyte though. Never saw that crap on the Red Mile - just lots of hooters. Mmmmm, hooters. :D