PDA

View Full Version : Air Filter Housing Question

granit_silber
05-20-2006, 09:35 AM
Okay everyone, how do i get the bottom DS latch off the air filter housing?

DO I have to remove the power steering reservior?

-ashley

BillionPa
05-20-2006, 09:45 AM
um...... the air filter housing and power steering are on opposite sides of the car.....

at least in my 530 anyways hehe

Dave M
05-20-2006, 02:03 PM
Okay everyone, how do i get the bottom DS latch off the air filter housing?

DO I have to remove the power steering reservior?

-ashley

Unless your 92 is different than my 91 manual, you just reach under and pop it off. I think its made a bit easier if you remoove the alternator cooling duct. It might be a little awkward, but by no means difficult. The clip on the right side (standing in front of the car) is a little difficult to reach with your hand, I just use a long flathead screwdriver and pop that baby off.

Do you have gorilla arms? ;)

Now go try again

granit_silber
05-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Unless your 92 is different than my 91 manual, you just reach under and pop it off. I think its made a bit easier if you remoove the alternator cooling duct. It might be a little awkward, but by no means difficult. The clip on the right side (standing in front of the car) is a little difficult to reach with your hand, I just use a long flathead screwdriver and pop that baby off.

Do you have gorilla arms? ;)

Now go try again
Thanks Dave. I was confused because the bottom clip was a little different. I eventually used a flathead screwdriver and it worked fine. And "No" I don't have gorilla arms, but I do have hamhock fingers. :)

-ashley